shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies,do you know how to...Tie-a-Tie?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
um no, but I could google it if I needed to.....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and perfectly too. I can even tie it for someone else.
1.gif
I was "fortunate" enough to be required to wear one during my school years.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
no, I always like it in movies when the woman ties the tie for the man, but.....never had to. DH knows how to perfectly for himself.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 11:58:13 PM
Author: tigian
no, I always like it in movies when the woman ties the tie for the man, but.....never had to. DH knows how to perfectly for himself.

Ditto.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I do!

My dad does not... he''s always worn clip ons.
32.gif
I taught my little brother how to tie one after I learned from my HS bf. Sad huh?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can tie one on my neck...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, had to wear one throughout schooling. I can''t do it perfectly (it was ''cool'' to be ghetto in school, remember?) but I can make do!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I can tie a windsor knot (again, school). I love wearing silk scarves, I often wear one tied in a modified windsor knot, with the ends ''fanned out'', it looks great.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, a couple of knots but the windsor was my favorite,,, had to learn when I was 16 working in the mens department for a couple of years at good ol SEARS
9.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 11:59:19 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 6/3/2009 11:58:13 PM
Author: tigian

Ditto.
Thritto. Ties remain an enigma to me. I tried to remember the mnemonic about the rabbit: "The rabbit hops over the log, the rabbit crawls under the log, the rabbit runs around the log, one more time—because the rabbit is trying to outsmart the fox, and the rabbit dives into his rabbit hole." but it doesn''t seem to work. lol

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Not at all! If I needed to I would probably look it up on youtube.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I taught wifey2b how to tie one.
Both windsor and military style

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 5:54:08 AM
Author: Porridge
Sure. I'm Irish - 14 years of school uniforms!
Yes, 14 miserable years of school ties for me too
14.gif
. Our style was rather like St Trinians, make the tie look as scruffy as possible when we could get away with it....

Gah
40.gif
.....pale blue scratchy shirts, silver and dark blue diagonally striped ties, grey polyester A line skirts, interlock drawers, knee socks, lovely grey cardigans and the most sensible lace up shoes....

Oh and while I am venting, thermal vests in winter as they would not put the heating on and they would throw us outside each break and during lunch to freeze.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh there was no St Trinian''s saucy stuff for us. Picture a maroon blob. With a green and yellow striped tie.

So yes, I can tie a tie. A double windsor knot at that, thanks to my Daddy!
35.gif
After 13 years of doing double windsors the sight of a single knotted tie makes me squirm. I love the fat look of a double windsor
30.gif
I drive FI batty cos I always insist on redoing his tie!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 6:36:54 AM
Author: Delster
Oh there was no St Trinian''s saucy stuff for us. Picture a maroon blob. With a green and yellow striped tie.

35.gif
After 13 years of doing double windsors the sight of a single knotted tie makes me squirm. I love the fat look of a double windsor
30.gif
Yikes. With maroon???
23.gif

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I learned this past year. Not quite sure if I''m doing it right but it looks ok. My 13 year old son decided he needed some edgy ties to complete his wardrobe and compliment his blue hair. So, we learned how to tie them together.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 6:38:24 AM
Author: Lorelei

35.gif
30.gif
Yikes. With maroon???
23.gif
Lorelei don''t ya know the sole aim of an Irish Catholic girls'' school uniform is to render the wearer as unattractive as is humanly possible?
2.gif
Hmmmm, can we make ''em look like maroon blobs with a festering pus coloured garnish around their necks? We can? Yay!!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 6:45:07 AM

Date: 6/4/2009 6:38:24 AM
Author: Lorelei

35.gif
30.gif
Yikes. With maroon???
23.gif
Lorelei don''t ya know the sole aim of an Irish Catholic girls'' school uniform is to render the wearer as unattractive as is humanly possible?
2.gif
Hmmmm, can we make ''em look like maroon blobs with a festering pus coloured garnish around their necks? We can? Yay!!!
9.gif
ROFLMAO and especially at the festering pus visual!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I always tie my husband''s tie. He never learned to do it himself. I tie a full Windsor knot.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I can! I can tie a Bow Tie, too
9.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Nope. I enjoy watching FI fiddle with it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I was shown how many times, but for some reason I have a mental block as far as retaining the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results