shape
carat
color
clarity

~*~Kitties--- Seizures??~*~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone had a cat that had a seizure before??? Today I was taking a nap and my sweet little boy Enzo had something happen to him.. I heard a series of loud noises and just thought they knocked something off the counter or something like usual.... Well i kept hearing weird noises... and he was like weirdly placed up against the wall... and his mouth was all wet... and some wetness on the floor... stomach was kind of twitching..and his feet were all crazy.... so I just comforted him... and calmed him down, but he was still breathing hard for about 5 minutes but then he started purring.. ate a little bit of food... and he wouldnt walk for a few minutes.. I just held him, and then he definitely hasnt been his normal self... really sleepy... and weird... Ive tried calling the vet, but havent gotten a call back... We dont know if he jumped on the table and scared himself or what happened... Just really worried about him!! Anyone have any advice or know anything?? My mom thinks maybe he ate a bug or I dont know... he is an indoor cat and always has been.. he is 1 yr 9 months old... good health... Poor little pumpkin :(

Enzobb124.jpg

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2009 6:54:52 PM
Author:blondebunny
Has anyone had a cat that had a seizure before??? Today I was taking a nap and my sweet little boy Enzo had something happen to him.. I heard a series of loud noises and just thought they knocked something off the counter or something like usual.... Well i kept hearing weird noises... and he was like weirdly placed up against the wall... and his mouth was all wet... and some wetness on the floor... stomach was kind of twitching..and his feet were all crazy.... so I just comforted him... and calmed him down, but he was still breathing hard for about 5 minutes but then he started purring.. ate a little bit of food... and he wouldnt walk for a few minutes.. I just held him, and then he definitely hasnt been his normal self... really sleepy... and weird... Ive tried calling the vet, but havent gotten a call back... We dont know if he jumped on the table and scared himself or what happened... Just really worried about him!! Anyone have any advice or know anything?? My mom thinks maybe he ate a bug or I dont know... he is an indoor cat and always has been.. he is 1 yr 9 months old... good health... Poor little pumpkin :(
Miglet has something like that happen too. It is so scary. I hate to see it happen to her. All I can do is gently pet her and try to wake her up really slow and careful. She is almost 19 and terrified of the car so I can''t take her to the vet. She''s been doing this for about 2 years now.

Don''t let the vet blow you off. And don''t let them manipulate you into massive testing. (Miglet had a stroke earlier and they wanted MRIs, CT scans, blood, urine, feces, etc.) Make sure you ask what they suspect it could be, what the test will show or rule out, and what the possible treatments for stuff are.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you poor thing. My cat hasn''t ever had one but I had a dog that was epileptic. I second TooPatient. You know your cat, you can tell when something is wrong. Also, so you know, my dog had seizures the whole time we had him. While they''re scary, they didn''t seem to hurt him much. I know you probably really feel bad for Enzo, but he could be very much ok this way.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Cats have a central nervous system, so I am sure they can have seizures. They get a lot of the other health problems us humans get. If you described that in a human, I would be concerned for a seizure. It has all the right elements.

I would talk to your vet for sure. If you don't get a call back, just make an appointment. I can tell you in people, mental status should return to baseline after the post ictal (sleepy) period. If there isn't or if there is another seizure, than you may have to go to a pet ER. But a vet would know way better than me.

This would freak me out if this happened to one of my cats! Hope he gets better soon.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thanks y''all... I know they are a busy vet, and I have just been trying to call and make an appt.. .But i am going to continue to call tomorrow until I get one!... My fiance has been home with him as I am in class right now... But he says he is doing better... He ate some wetfood and even got excited and ran to come get it... so that was a good sign he is returning to normal.. We notice when he sleeps that he tends to twitch a lot....more than any other cat I ever had has... Hopefully they will know whats wrong with him... My mom thinks maybe he ate a bad bug or something... but he''s indoor and we dont really have any bugs in our house... but who knows... he likes to chew... but we dont really keep anything where he can get it... Hopefully my little kitty gets better!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s gorgeous, BlondeBunny. I hope the vet sees him soon and can find treatment that makes him all better.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
OMG BlondeBunny....I''m praying that your Enzo is OK. I had a very similar scary situation today with my ragdoll Sebastian. I would definitely take him to the vet, just to check him and ease your mind.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB, I''m sending prayers and hugs to you and Enzo! What a gorgeous cat he is!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
BlondeBunny,

Do you have an update on Enzo? I have been really concerned. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results