shape
carat
color
clarity

Just another reason(s) to skip the Black Friday debacle

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1322273562|3068914 said:
The WalMart crowd is a different story - I wouldn't get in that mess for all the money in the world and especially not at 4:00 a.m.! I still can't get over the woman that was in a WalMart somewhere pepper spraying the customers away from the merchandise she wanted. That's the type of shopping that is nightmarish to me. . .

That is really sad :nono: I was at Wal Mart for the 10pm specials and people there were so nice! They would say "excuse me" to squeeze by people and when the video games were ripped open one person even asked which one I was trying to grab for and handed it to me :appl: I guess that is the advantage of a smaller town (28k in the town 7 miles away and 14k in this town).

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not so sure about two things.

First, I don't think the incidents are isolated. YES, there are those stories that get nationwide media attention, and sadly, international attention too, I'm sure. But, check your local news sites. There was a little brawl at a Walmart here. A stampede, an 11 yr old on the ground, father tries to help him get up, and some psycho punches him AND another guy who tried to help the father. Fortunately, poice were there. They had to use a taser on the guy! Loser! There was also a car-jacking at another store down the road. Sigh.

I wonder HOW MUCH money Walmart makes on Black Friday. Is it really worth the negative publicity? I know someone got killed a few years ago at (if I recall correctly) a Walmart on Long Island during a stampede. How sad and insane is that? I guess the negative publicity doesn't matter because people still go, and they bring their 11 year olds with them.

Second, I'm not so sure that people are buying things that they otherwise could not afford. I think it's more likely that they are buying things for slightly less that they STILL CANNOT AFFORD! I mean when you're walking around with 25k+ credit card debt, does it really make a difference if you get some electronic device for $220, when it's on sale any other day of the week for $240?

I dunno. I think people like a bargain, whether they can afford it or not, and it's kind of fun to go in the middle of the night, even with your kids, unless of course, one of them gets stepped on, you get maced or your car gets stolen from you at gunpoint.

Cheers!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like shopping on Black Friday. I was up and out at midnight, and even though I didn't really have anything in particular in mind to buy, I really enjoyed the rush of it all. Of course, I went to a mall, so they didn't have any really huge crowds, and there were no big electronics deals (at least not where I went).

My fiancé doesn't really enjoy Black Friday shopping, but he always goes out with me. If he had his way, he would much rather scope out the deals on the Internet, or even pay a more typical price - but like I said, I just love being part of the hustle and bustle.

I did happen to pass buy my local Best Buy, and I couldn't believe how many people were out there. Do those people in the back of the crowds really think that there will be anything left for them?!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hereherekitty- love the remix!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results