NOT! :nono:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1483933322|4113659 said:
Nice!

I'll be sure to spend my tourist dollars in Texas and Virginia. :roll:

NOT! :nono:

34 other states introduced bills in 2016. It is disheartening, profoundly sad, and enraging. I am beginning to believe Peter Turchin's prediction that American society will collapse within the decade.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah!

All those sinners will just go away into closets if we make them feel ashamed enough.
We're Making America Great Again. :appl:

screen_shot_2017-01-08_at_8.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:nono: :nono: :nono: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's surreal. I feel like we are trapped in this never ending nightmare where sanity, compassion, justice and humanity have disappeared.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband had a work meeting called by HR---all employees in his unit. They did not know the topic of the meeting beforehand, just told to be there.

HR gave a presentation on the city's policy (my husband works for city government) for transgendered people. At the end of the meeting, one of DH's coworkers stood and said "It's me; I'm in the process of transitioning."

I thought it was encouraging that the city has a policy in place AND let everyone know they fully intend to back it up. DH said that almost all of the employees' reactions were along the lines of "Oh, okay." He thought maybe some of the older guys might *think* something judge-y but after HR got done with them, the message was crystal clear: Keep your mouth shut; no gossiping, no questions or prying. Other than the basics to facilitate doing your jobs (name change), its none of your business.

Good stuff!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1483994761|4113825 said:
My husband had a work meeting called by HR---all employees in his unit. They did not know the topic of the meeting beforehand, just told to be there.

HR gave a presentation on the city's policy (my husband works for city government) for transgendered people. At the end of the meeting, one of DH's coworkers stood and said "It's me; I'm in the process of transitioning."

I thought it was encouraging that the city has a policy in place AND let everyone know they fully intend to back it up. DH said that almost all of the employees' reactions were along the lines of "Oh, okay." He thought maybe some of the older guys might *think* something judge-y but after HR got done with them, the message was crystal clear: Keep your mouth shut; no gossiping, no questions or prying. Other than the basics to facilitate doing your jobs (name change), its none of your business.

Good stuff!!

:appl:

To change hearts, there's nothing like someone you know coming out the closet about something that wrongfully used to be considered evil.

People just vary.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1483994761|4113825 said:

Good stuff!!

It isn't anybody's business. The bills are creating an issue where there is none. Everybody should mind their own damn business.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I did not like the idea of a male in a woman's bathroom, and posted about it.

That is until I went into one at a fine dining restaurant and a male in transition was in there.

And guess what - I did my business, washed my hands, and left.

We even smiled at each other in between.

So for me it ended up as no big deal, after all.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1483996521|4113834 said:

That is until I went into one at a fine dining restaurant and a male in transition was in there.

:clap:
Thanks for sharing that Ruby.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Ruby.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm glad it wasn't a big deal for you. I'm pretty sure it was a big deal for her to be accepted there though.

I have one transgendered person in my life by extension. A friend of my daughter, who I've known for 15 years. She is terrified to use any public bathroom. Absolutely terrified. So she makes sure she never has to. Things have to come a long way still. What's legal and what's acceptable to the public are often far apart. Hopefully things like this will change for the better over time.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd think the most-terrified bathroom sharers would be STRAIGHT men who have been sharing restrooms with us forever.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1484003585|4113864 said:
I'd think the most-terrified bathroom sharers would be STRAIGHT men who have been sharing restrooms with us forever.

Well, you know how that goes. Fear can turn into violence. That's what our friend is afraid of. A lifetime of being bullied and harassed is hard to get over. We haven't come nearly far enough yet.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1483959543|4113714 said:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's surreal. I feel like we are trapped in this never ending nightmare where sanity, compassion, justice and humanity have disappeared.

This, I feel like when you live in a country that elects a TV reality star who changes his views on gun control (bought off by the NRA), issues like gay rights (bought off by the right wing Christian lobby) and a heap of other major issues, and thinks it's funny to treat women like pieces of meat, then the whole place has lost the plot. :nono:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
In all fairness to Mr. Trump regarding the bathroom issue, he invited any transgender person to use any bathroom in Trump Towers that they chose to.

Yes Trump has issues, but let us not blame everything on him.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So much insanity going on it would seem, yet it also seems like it's on another planet.

There is a spare room in a sleepy little area of the western suburbs of Melbourne in Australia if anyone needs some time to escape the madness!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1484080093|4114091 said:
So much insanity going on it would seem, yet it also seems like it's on another planet.

There is a spare room in a sleepy little area of the western suburbs of Melbourne in Australia if anyone needs some time to escape the madness!!

Be careful Jordy. There may be many of us taking you up on that!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd like to book that room for the next four years please! Callie and I will happily room together!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1484081679|4114100 said:

I'd like to book that room for the next four years please! Callie and I will happily room together!

Hey Ladies, move over.
Y'alls can sleep on the floor. :bigsmile:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1484082114|4114103 said:

Hey Ladies, move over.
Y'alls can sleep on the floor.

Hey I may have some room in my new place's man cave for more bodies as long as people don't mind curling up with lapidary and music equipment as well as possibly waking up the soothing sounds of me thrashing my bass guitar or grinding an opal. Blow up mattress not included :lol:

I could possibly make room at the end of the bed too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1484082736|4114109 said:

Jordy you don't know what you're saying. :naughty: :lol:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1484082957|4114113 said:
jordyonbass|1484082736|4114109 said:

Jordy you don't know what you're saying. :naughty: :lol:

I probably should have added that whoever takes that spot will be at the feet of Mrs Jordy and I while spooning one of the cats :lol: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like cats ... but, unlike our incoming president, I don't grab them. :mrgreen:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Slightly back in track and almost serious, it saddens me to see division like this and I wish I could start an island colony with peaceful, like-minded people who care about each other. We can bring all people and have awesome island parties!! No politics, no fighting - just people laughing and living and enjoying the world.

I may be a heavy metal musician who plays aggressive, angry sounding music but that's where my frustration at the world gets channelled. What's left is a happy, jovial guy who just wants to get along with everyone. I think I may have to invent a new genre that incorporates the hippie movement into heavy music! Although I will ensure I shower more regularly than I did when on tour previously, so as to not perpetuate that hippie stereotype further :lol: :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey Ladies, move over.

Meet me at O'Hare DeeJay. I just booked our flights!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1484101610|4114217 said:

Hey Ladies, move over.

I've taken that flight from O'Hare, it's a long ride to Tullamarine! Stayed for two weeks in Greensborough. Very pretty area out there in Melbourne. So much to do! My favorite was a days drive out the Great Ocean Road before one of the apostles dropped into the sea. Book me a ticket too and I will show you around! Make sure it's Quantas, best airline I ever took.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1484184114|4114567 said:
Calliecake|1484101610|4114217 said:

Hey Ladies, move over.

I've taken that flight from O'Hare, it's a long ride to Tullamarine! Stayed for two weeks in Greensborough. Very pretty area out there in Melbourne. So much to do! My favorite was a days drive out the Great Ocean Road before one of the apostles dropped into the sea. Book me a ticket too and I will show you around! Make sure it's Quantas, best airline I ever took.

I can be packed and on the Blue Line in an hour! We'll meet at the lounge by the M gates in Terminal 5. Might as well have a few free glasses of champagne before we board that Quantas flight!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm here waiting for you DeeJay!!! There is a bottle of wine with your name on it. Your tickets booked AprilBaby.

See you soon Jordy and Kenny!

Jordy, I hope you don't mind that Missy is joining us. I didn't think you would mind because you know how nice she is. Hope you have room for all of us. It was a rough day today. We will tell you all about the press conference when we get there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results