shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s Official: San Francisco GTG. Saturday, July 21, at 10:30!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies and gents, here is how it''s happening on Saturday.

Gypsy has made the following arrangements and they sound great:

Emporio Rulli Il Caffe from 10:30 to 10:45: http://www.rulli.com/caffes/ilcaffe/index.shtml (for those who arrive a little late we''ll stick around and have some coffee checking out each other''s rings IRL)... then go to either Tiffany (and maybe look at neatfreak''s ring in relation to the Novo) or Langs (YUM!). So that we are trackable from 10:30- 11:00 in case anyone is running behind.

Lunch @ Grand Cafe at 12:30: http://www.grandcafe-sf.com/ If you can''t meet us earlier, meet here for lunch. It is in Union Square and Gypsy is making a reservation for 12:30.

Then we will take it from there. Please check this thread on Saturday AM before leaving just to make sure nothing has changed. For those of you taking BART, the Powell St. Station is probably the closest to Union Square.

And most importantly BRING YOUR BLING!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please take lots of pics; sounds fun!!!!!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. Just got in. Had a grueling day... was up at the Moscony Center for a convention -- and on my way to the bart... took a detour to Union Square to make in person reservations at the Grand Cafe... couldn''t find it (but was exhausted) so I will call tomorrow to make the reservations instead (sorry didn''t do it on the phone, cell was dead... then went straight to my mother''s as she is going in for major surgery tomorrow morning).

I will call Cafe Grand tommorow AM for reservations. Has a good reputation for good food, and a nice SF feel. Have no idea of the bling lighting, but I trust Mara.

But wanted to give you all some other options I saw while up there.

Cheesecake Factory is on the top level of Macy''s. Nice view... looks like great lighting and good local. Not sure if they''ll do reservations though.

Daily Grill is a solid place I used to go to in DC... it''s a chain but not like Fridays... more like, hm... hard to describe... upper scale versions of pub fare... Lighting looked good for day... lots of lights in the place and they take reservations.

Lunch Menu posted under Locations and Menus: San Fran: Lunch

Colibri--- Highly recommended ( the convention I went to had a restuarant concierge I molested for recommendations for our GTG) mexican restuarant. But upscale, they have a really interesting brunch menu that is served from am till 2:00 pm on Weekends. Downside is that the location is not as central as the others... but it''s still good.

http://www.colibrimexicanbistro.com/ Brunch Menu is posted under Menus.

SO I will make the Grand Cafe reservations. But wanted to give you all other options as well.

I''m off to bed. Night all!
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Cheesecake factory did have nice jewelry lighting last time I was there. I think you can make reservations for larger groups, but I''m not sure. Probably worth checking out though - they definitely have an enormous menu!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reservations are made at the Grand Cafe (and confirmed with a credit card as required for parties of 6 or more
2.gif
). So we are set.

I also called the Cheesecake Factory to make a second reservation and the won''t take reservations for at that time (don''t ask, silly policies, IMO).

SO... if you all want to cancel Grand Cafe and go someplace else-- let me know so I can do that!
YAY!!

I''m very excited about Saturday now.

Just hoping that my mother''s surgery today goes well.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
After a very long and annoying day flying United, I am in the Bay Area!

Can''t wait for Saturday and Gypsy I am thinking about your family today. Hope her surgery is very smooth.

What name did you make the reservations under for Grand?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My full name.

First name is Layla
2.gif

YAY! Neatfreak is the house! Ish. lol.

Thank you for the good wishes for my mom. She's having spinal surgery fusing T3 to L2 posterier method. 6-7 hour surgery... already underway. Just hoping and praying all goes well and there are no complications.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 2:19:23 PM
Author: neatfreak
Layla is such a pretty and unique name! Can''t wait!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Neatfreak!
5.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Girls! Geeze I''ve been so busy the last 2 nights w/ work events I haven''t had any PS time
8.gif

I can''t wait to meet everyone! The plans sound great. 10:30 it is. So are we going to meet in front of Rulli? Or in Rulli?

Gypsy I hope your mom''s surgery goes well. See everyone soon.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, hope your mom's surgery goes well.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - I hope your mom''s surgery went well - I''ll be sending good wishes your (and her) way. I agree - Layla is a BEAUTIFUL name
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the good vibes. But mom''s surgery was canceled for the day. Surgeon was running late on his previous surgery... then by the time he was out (3:30 pm) the OR priorities were given to some bad ER cases that had come in. So... it looks like it''s going to be scheduled for this coming Tuesday instead... but that''s pending confirmation tomorrow.

I think that we''ll be in FRONT of the cafe ''doors''. It doesn''t have a great deal of ''in'' section. Unless someone is grabbing some coffee or something. (Like me...lol).

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, hope your mother''s surgery goes well next Tuesday. Thanks for making the lunch reservation at The Grand Cafe. I will see you all there at 12:30 pm.

AN

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY.. AN and Beacon!! Beacon... I can''t wait to see your new ''personality'' rich diamond!!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to check in. Can''t wait to see everyone tomorrow! I''ll be there at 10:30
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Despite my best intentions I tend to right a little late... so if you don''t see me don''t PANIC. I''ll be there by 10:45! And if you all have moved on to Tiffany or Langs, no worries. I''ll recognize snlee as we met at the last GTG, and she''ll most likely recognize me.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I just went on Rulli''s website and they don''t have an address for the Union Square location. I will be using my GPS to navigate as I have no clue how to get around in that city. Should I just go to the Stockton garage - I got their address online and then walk from there? Do you think it will be easy to find Rulli''s?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
asscher girl - I would definitely just park in the Stockton-Sutter garage and walk from there. When you come out of the garage, go to the corner of Stockton and Sutter. Walk down the hill on Stockton one block, past Starbucks, and you will be at the top corner of Union Square. Rulli should be visible, on the corner of Union Square closest to you, along Stockton - its almost more of a kiosk than an actual coffee shop. See you tomorrow!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Amber, I also went online to google''s map and everything looks really close together so hopefully I won''t have a problem. See you tomorrow!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl, AG gave you good directions. I found an address too. It's 333 Post St. It's on the Post/Stockton corner of the actual Union Square.

Gypsy, I should recognize you!
35.gif

Time to clean the jewelry and charge the camera!
9.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
The GTG was a total blast!! Many thanks to Gypsy for arranging it. It was bling OD, if such a thing is possible. I didn''t bring a camera, but many were present so I am looking forward to the photos. Thanks again Gypsy!!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey no need to thank me, it was a TOTAL blast and I had such a great time.

Thank snlee... our official accountant and photographer. Poor thing!

Can''t wait to see the pics! I KNOW we got a some great ones. Snlee... what was your camera? I MUST get one of those, it was fabulous!

MUST do it again, south bay... SOON!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
The GTG was so much fun! Thanks Gypsy for putting it together. It was really great to meet everyone, you are all such great women.

I took some pics too and I''m about to download them on the computer now. Should I start a new thread for them? In SMTR?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:02:59 PM
Author: asscher_girl
The GTG was so much fun! Thanks Gypsy for putting it together. It was really great to meet everyone, you are all such great women.

I took some pics too and I''m about to download them on the computer now. Should I start a new thread for them? In SMTR?

I''d just post them on here. *shrug*

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, it''s going to tak a minute since I have to resize them all. Here''s the first.

Ring finger is Widget''s Leon M. Sapphire ring - Leon''s work is amazing! Loved that ring
Middle finger is AmberGretchen''s Mom''s ring - that diamond was beautiful

ps gtg 1.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Snlee''s pics will be better, my camera isn''t the greatest, but they will do for now. Oh and I don''t know who''s hands are in most of these shots. Except Snlee''s - her hands are so tiny. I have finger envy, LOL

This is Art Nouveau''s beauty. Can''t remember the details

ps gtg 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results