carat
color
clarity

Is anybody watching this?

E B

Ideal_Rock
April Ryan asks Trump if he's gonna meet w/ Congressional Black Caucus

Trump: “Do you wanna set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours?”

Jesus. And that's just one car of the trainwreck.

World, if you're reading, we're sorry. The majority of us did NOT choose this as our representation.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1487272835|4129805 said:
lovedogs|1487271707|4129781 said:
No, he didn't. That's not what the question was about. The question was about the ship off the coast, the buzz off a ship, etc. The question has nothing to do with HRC.

Uhh, yes he did. The reporter asked him how he (Chump) can draw a difference between the news being 'fake' about the Flynn leaks vs. when he was calling for Russia (during the campaign) to release the details they have on HRC's server/campaign, that it appeared hypocritical of him (Chump). Chump responded that the difference was Flynn's leaks were classified whereas Clinton's were not - that they were about her staff calling her names, how she was leaked questions from CNN for the debates, etc.

Then he was asked about the ship off the coast.

I think we're talking about different questions. I just watched a clip of the one I'm talking about but can't link it because it's somehow linked to someone's twitter feed??? I hate links within links. I was talking about the question from the guy with medium length hair when he went through the ship, the buzz plane, etc, and trump said "not good, not good, not good", and then went on and on about how he could be tough on Russia but it wouldn't play well in politics, etc, and then somehow brought HRC into it. But it's entirely possible that another question directly asked about his thoughts on leaks of HRC vs. current leaks. I just didn't hear that one (I only tuned in when I opened this thread).

E B

Ideal_Rock
I didn't get to see most of it-- was running an errand-- but is it true he said he would have directed Flynn to discuss lifting sanctions?!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1487274458|4129816 said:
I didn't get to see most of it-- was running an errand-- but is it true he said he would have directed Flynn to discuss lifting sanctions?!

No. He said he would "direct Flynn to talk with his foreign counterparts", but NOT specifically about sanctions.

E B

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1487275594|4129826 said:

No. He said he would "direct Flynn to talk with his foreign counterparts", but NOT specifically about sanctions.

At his press conference, President Trump was asked essentially a two-part question about Flynn. First: “Did you direct Mike Flynn to discuss sanctions with the Russian ambassador?” And second: “Would you have fired him if this information hadn’t leaked out?”

Trump’s answer was very odd:

No, I fired him because of what he said to Mike Pence. He was doing his job and his counterparts, so it certainly would have been okay with me if he did it. I would have directed him to do it if I thought he wasn’t doing it. I didn’t direct him, but I would’ve directed him because that’s his job. And it came out that way, and, in all fairness, I watched Dr. Charles Krauthammer the other night saying he was doing his job, and I agreed with him. And since then, I’ve watched many other people say that. I didn’t direct him, but I would’ve directed him if he didn’t do it.

I don't know. He doesn't come out and say it directly, but this seems pretty clear?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from taking my mother in law to the doctors.

But right now, Fox news is tearing Trump apart.

What happened?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1487272745|4129803 said:
Calliecake|1487272600|4129801 said:
Dee*Jay|1487272428|4129797 said:
I feel like I'm watching SNL... but it's Thursday afternoon...

SNL will great the week. Lots of new materia!

DeeJay, I hope you don't mind that I just traded our dad's in for Jenn's dad.

Please feel free to trade in my mother too.

These posts are hilarious and I want to offer up my dad as well. I'll keep my mom, she's not a lost cause.

E B

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1487276976|4129834 said:

What happened?

Hoooo boy. You KNOW it was bad if this is the case. :lol: (Press conference, supposedly meant to announce his new secretary of labor candidate.)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What happened?

Ruby, I'm trying to find you a link to the whole thing but all I can locate are snippets. I'll keep looking.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1487276632|4129832 said:
JoCoJenn|1487275594|4129826 said:

At his press conference, President Trump was asked essentially a two-part question about Flynn. First: “Did you direct Mike Flynn to discuss sanctions with the Russian ambassador?” And second: “Would you have fired him if this information hadn’t leaked out?”

Trump’s answer was very odd:

No, I fired him because of what he said to Mike Pence. He was doing his job and his counterparts, so it certainly would have been okay with me if he did it. I would have directed him to do it if I thought he wasn’t doing it. I didn’t direct him, but I would’ve directed him because that’s his job. And it came out that way, and, in all fairness, I watched Dr. Charles Krauthammer the other night saying he was doing his job, and I agreed with him. And since then, I’ve watched many other people say that. I didn’t direct him, but I would’ve directed him if he didn’t do it.

I don't know. He doesn't come out and say it directly, but this seems pretty clear?

I don't know what source you're citing, but I found this on WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/16/donald-trumps-grievance-filled-press-conference-annotated/?utm_term=.db1101e60bc4

QUESTION: Did you direct Mike Flynn to discuss sanctions with the Russian ambassador --

TRUMP: No, I didn't.

QUESTION: -- prior to your --

QUESTION: -- inauguration.

QUESTION: And then fired him --

TRUMP: Excuse me.

QUESTION: (OFF-MIKE)

TRUMP: No, I fired him because of what he said to Mike Pence. Very simple. Mike was doing his job. He was calling countries and his counterparts. So, it certainly would have been OK with me if he did it. I would have directed him to do it if I thought he wasn't doing it.

I didn't direct him, but I would have directed him because that's his job. And it came out that way -- and in all fairness, I watched Dr. Charles Krauthammer the other night say he was doing his job and I agreed with him. And since then, I've watched many other people say that.

No, I didn't direct him, but I would have directed him if he didn't do it. OK? Jim?

It is a little ambiguous; I watched it live and there was some 'rapid fire back and forth' question/answering, so ... I guess you could take it either way really. But even if he did, that's not against the law. Candidates' staff are allowed to call foreign 'counterparts' and discuss lots of things so long as it's not classified. Sanctions generally are not classified. If Chump was working with his staff to lay out what his policies would be should he win the election, having information about this would be pertinent. No candidate takes office, and THEN starts laying out policies, conducting due diligence, etc.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NBC News' National Correspondent Peter Alexander challenged the president on his lie, rattling off the wins of his presidential predecessors.

"So why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they receive as being fake when you're providing fake information?"

Trump's response?

"I was given that information...I've seen that information around."

Words fail me, which is sayin' sumthin' :shock:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What happened?

That's just Shep Smith being ... Shep Smith. He's Fox's token liberal since Alan Colmes isn't co-hosting with Sean Hannity anymore; he's the reason Fox says they are "fair and balanced". :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

What happened?

I saw tiny bits and pieces of it, so I'm not exactly sure, but I think it was typical Trump speaking with no filter...I sure wish the guy had a little voice in his head that would tell him what should come out of his mouth and what shouldn't :errrr:I don't mind people speaking their mind, but I also think there are appropriate times for it and you'd certainly think a news conference would be a time when you'd want to appear polished, factual, thoughtful, etc.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1487277048|4129836 said:

These posts are hilarious and I want to offer up my dad as well. I'll keep my mom, she's not a lost cause.

Look ya'll ... I'm charitable and all, but my dad lives 8 hours away from me. If I need to shack all your 'rents up IN my house, we may need to go back to the negotiating table ... throw some bling into the swap and we might have a deal. :naughty: :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1487278161|4129852 said:
katharath|1487277048|4129836 said:

Look ya'll ... I'm charitable and all, but my dad lives 8 hours away from me. If I need to shack all your 'rents up IN my house, we may need to go back to the negotiating table ... throw some bling into the swap and we might have a deal. :naughty: :lol:

My dad is very handy around the house and my mom can't cook worth a sh!t but she bakes like a dream. Perhaps if they provide some useful skills this becomes a more attractive deal...?

:cheeky:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487278447|4129854 said:
My dad is very handy around the house and my mom can't cook worth a sh!t but she bakes like a dream. Perhaps if they provide some useful skills this becomes a more attractive deal...?

I am actually pretty handy, have tools, etc. Besides, Callie sold me first on her dad being handy, so yours needs to come with some bling. :D

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a twist that should surprise no one, SCROTUS spewed nonsense from his mouth during the "press conference", and is being called out on it (duh).

Cummings: "I have no idea" why Trump said I didn't want to meet with him
Rep. Elijah Cummings said in a statement that he has "no idea" why Trump "would make up a story about me like he did today."
In his press conference earlier today, Trump said: "I actually thought I had a meeting with Congressman Cummings. And he was all excited. And then he said, 'Oh I can't move it.'"
He added, "He wanted it but we called called called called ... but he probably was told by (House Minority Leader) Chuck Schumer, or somebody like that, some other lightweight, he was probably told, 'Don't meet with Trump.'"

In response, Cummings said: "Of course, Senator Schumer never told me to skip a meeting with the President."
"I was actually looking forward to meeting with the President about the skyrocketing price of prescription drugs," he added.

Trump claims he had largest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan. Here are the real numbers...
Trump has made this claim several times, but it's not true. Here are the numbers, based on votes cast in the Electoral College:

2016: Trump (R) 304
2012: Obama (D) 332
2008: Obama (D) 365
2004: GWBush (R) 286
2000: GWBush (R) 271
1996: Clinton (D) 379
1992: Clinton (D) 370
1988: GHWBush (R) 426
1984: Reagan (R) 525
1980: Reagan (R) 489

Trump asked a black journalist if she was "friends" with the Congressional Black Caucus and could set up a meeting
Reporter April Ryan, who is black, pressed Trump on his agenda to "fix" inner cities. When she asked, specifically, if Trump would work with members of the Congressional Black Caucus, he asked Ryan if wanted to set up the meeting for him.

"Are they friends of yours?" Trump asked Ryan. "Set up the meeting."

Regarding this exchange, Kamara Jones, a spokeswoman for the caucus, said they sent the president a letter a few weeks ago requesting a meeting but haven't heard back from him or his team.

"We saw the exchange. He hasn’t reached out to us. If he was serious about black issues, you would think he would reach out to the CBC," she said, talking about the press conference.

She said they also have not been invited to join Trump when he meets with Historically Black Colleges and Universities heads this month.

EDIT: forgot this gem of a moment

In response to a question about threats to Jewish centers nationwide, Trump called a Jewish reporter a liar, told him to sit down and later said antisemitism was coming from "the other side."

The exchange kicked off as Trump looked through the room at his White House press conference and asked for an easy question from a "friendly" reporter who liked him.

The journalist identified himself as Jake Turx with Ami Magazine. Turx prefaced his question by saying he did not see evidence the President or his staff were antisemitic.

Here's the rest of the exchange:

Turx: "What we are concerned about, and what we haven't really heard being addressed, is an uptick in antisemitism and how the government is planning to take care of it."

Trump, interrupting: "See, he said he was going to ask a very simple, easy question, and it's not."

Turx: "It's an important one."

Trump: "Not a simple question. Not a fair question. Okay, sit down. I understand the rest of your question."

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1487278688|4129858 said:
Dee*Jay|1487278447|4129854 said:

I am actually pretty handy, have tools, etc. Besides, Callie sold me first on her dad being handy, so yours needs to come with some bling. :D

OK, whatever it takes to make this happen! How do you feel about a watches? I've got a stainless and 18K Oyster Perpetual Datejust that would be lovely on you! Or maybe a Cartier Roadster? That one is a real eye-catcher and quite coveted since they don't make it any more! Sapphires...? I have a 4.18 ct blue oval flanked by .75 ct diamonds all set in platinum. MRB eternity band, just shy of 5 cts? Hmmmm... what else might you enjoy?! That's the tip of the iceberg -- and to get my parents off my hands you're welcome to ALL of it!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487279119|4129864 said:
OK, whatever it takes to make this happen! How do you feel about a watches? I've got a stainless and 18K Oyster Perpetual Datejust that would be lovely on you! Or maybe a Cartier Roadster? That one is a real eye-catcher and quite coveted since they don't make it any more! Sapphires...? I have a 4.18 ct blue oval flanked by .75 ct diamonds all set in platinum. MRB eternity band, just shy of 5 cts? Hmmmm... what else might you enjoy?! That's the tip of the iceberg -- and to get my parents off my hands you're welcome to ALL of it!

Alright ... throw in the Roaster and we'll have a deal. :clap: :dance:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1487279476|4129869 said:
Dee*Jay|1487279119|4129864 said:

Alright ... throw in the Roaster and we'll have a deal. :clap: :dance:

DONE! (Ignore the ruler, that pic was taken for reference a while ago for someone who wanted to know about size.)

Bye mom and dad -- you belong to Jenn now! :wavey:

roadster_with_0.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487279957|4129872 said:
DONE! (Ignore the ruler, that pic was taken for reference a while ago for someone who wanted to know about size.)

:lol: I just realized I called it a 'roaster' vs. 'roadster'. :oops:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was driving my daughter to a doctor's appointment and listening to the press conference on the radio (Sirius radio is guilty pleasure of mine and I pay for it only to be able to hear serious political discussions). Right in the middle of it we went underground to park in the garage and I lost my signal. I told my daughter that we were going to be glued to MSNBC tonight because I truly could not believe what I had been hearing. I will not even attempt to describe it. Those who do not want to see how scrambled Trump's thinking is, never will see it; it is like the story of, "The Emperor's New Clothes". If one has to believe the emperor is wearing clothes, it doesn't matter if he is actually naked; he will still see him in resplendent garments. Some people will not ever see that Trump is flawed, let alone without adequate mental capacities.

AGBF

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1487283337|4129899 said:
Some people will not ever see that Trump is flawed.

AGBF

And many are so focused on negativity that they refuse to ever see anything good in someone.

I wonder how much insurance runs all these perfect people for their glass houses.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What happened?

Ruby, I haven't turned on any new outlets yet, just watched the news conference. What was Fox News take on this?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn|1487285643|4129922 said:

AGBF

And many are so focused on negativity that they refuse to ever see anything good in someone.

I wonder how much insurance runs all these perfect people for their glass houses.

Yup, not one mention of all the good things he is doing, and doing well.

I just saw the conference,.

From reading this board first, I could not imagine what had happened. And as usual some here managed to once again blow it way out of proportion.

I especially agree with him when asked about how he would deal with the Russian subs. Of course he is not going to discuss it and give them a heads up.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1487285643|4129922 said:

AGBF

And many are so focused on negativity that they refuse to ever see anything good in someone

That's a really great point, Jenn. I think I will cease making any negative comments about anyone, since the world should always be a sunny place. No one actually needs critical thinking. Another good point is that only perfect people should be able to think and critique others...that will nicely limit the number of people in the world who think and speak or write. Surely that is beneficial! The fewer who think, the better!

Thanks for the tip on how we can all live better!

Deb :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1487282317|4129895 said:
Dee*Jay|1487279957|4129872 said:

:lol: I just realized I called it a 'roaster' vs. 'roadster'. :oops:

Mine just called to talk about the news conference. You know how well that went.... Dad did admit Trump needed to tone things down a little.

To make this a little more fair for Jenn we also need to throw in a couple dinners out by herself a few times a month, and lots of wine!
Lets face it DeeJay and Katharath, if we were stuck with these 3 dads at once, we wouldn't survive the first night. I need to run to the safety deposit box to see what I can send Jenn.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You all need a drink or three.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results