shape
carat
color
clarity

In need of kitty dust . . .

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad he is okay and still close to home. Sorry to hear he ran. Poor thing must be absolutely terrified!

Continuing to send lots of dust. Hope they are able to bring him in warm and safe soon.

ETA: Is Apollo okay with dogs? The bloodhound is a neat idea, I just worry that a dog would scare him and run him even further out of the area.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your brother needs to take a blanket or towel and a cat carrier when he searches. It's not a good idea to try to capture and hold a frightened cat who will likely struggle, scratch, and perhaps bite. If he drops the blanket or towel on the cat, the cat will stay still long enough to be picked up and put in the carrier.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I wore my kitty pendant today hoping it would send some good juju to lead Apollo home. Any news?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1433268494|3884252 said:
Your brother needs to take a blanket or towel and a cat carrier when he searches. It's not a good idea to try to capture and hold a frightened cat who will likely struggle, scratch, and perhaps bite. If he drops the blanket or towel on the cat, the cat will stay still long enough to be picked up and put in the carrier.

Yes, he knows that now. He is really bummed that he rushed it when he found him in the window well. He takes the carrier with him now when he searches.

The blood hound did not come last night - maybe tonight, though. But he is hesitant because he doesn't want to scare him farther away.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1433289557|3884369 said:
I wore my kitty pendant today hoping it would send some good juju to lead Apollo home. Any news?

Thanks, Lil Misfit. Last night was a really cold night, so there were no cats roaming around. However, every single household in the neighborhood knows he is missing. I'm certain Apollo will be found eventually, but my brother is getting less hopeful. He won't give up though.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear he's not back. I know it's hard, hang in there.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1433297445|3884413 said:

Thank you, azstonie. My brother is trying very hard and very much feels like he has let this little guy down.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Sending kitty dust to Apollo and you and your brother. I feel a lot of hope & I sense that Apollo will return soon to his loved home.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust for finding Apollo!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about Apollo - I hope that he's found very soon!!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending more dust for Apollo's safe return home.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
If your brother is the person Apollo is most bonded with, he should go out alone late at night and quietly and calmly call him. I think the bloodhound is a bad idea. Tuna is a good idea.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lulu|1433346807|3884618 said:
If your brother is the person Apollo is most bonded with, he should go out alone late at night and quietly and calmly call him. I think the bloodhound is a bad idea. Tuna is a good idea.

I agree, especially with the "bloodhound bad, tuna good" part.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys.

He has been doing the tuna since the beginning. My brother's current schedule is getting up at dawn and searching before the neighborhood awakes. He then goes to work. He comes home around 8 PM and searches again until about 2 AM.

He is getting very tired, but he isn't giving up. All of his neighbors are aware and are keeping an eye out. One neighbor is certain she saw him 2 nights ago, but he ran when she started to talk to him.

He is leaving food out, and it is getting eaten, but there are several neighborhood cats.

Would you guys feel the same about a bloodhound if it was a trained search dog? My brother is considering hiring this guy http://petsearchandrescue.com/

My brother is in West Virginia, and the detective is in Ohio. The cost is steep, $2000. That also covers his travel and expenses. He would work 3 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday.

What do you guys think?

He just wants Apollo home.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
http://www.maddiesfund.org/what-you-dont-know-about-lost-pets-can-hurt-them.htm

This is an excellent article. Personally, I don't have a lot of confidence in the search dog idea. A frightened cat will not allow itself to be found.

I know how your brother feels. I once broke down and called a pet psychic when our Margaret was missing. She showed up in the driveway ten minutes and $100 later.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
lulu|1433381876|3884884 said:
http://www.maddiesfund.org/what-you-dont-know-about-lost-pets-can-hurt-them.htm

This is an excellent article. Personally, I don't have a lot of confidence in the search dog idea. A frightened cat will not allow itself to be found.

I know how your brother feels. I once broke down and called a pet psychic when our Margaret was missing. She showed up in the driveway ten minutes and $100 later.

Thanks, Lulu. I wil forward the article to my brother. I've listened to some of the webcasts from Maddiesfund. An excellent source. Thanks again.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LAJennifer|1433306643|3884472 said:

Thank you, azstonie. My brother is trying very hard and very much feels like he has let this little guy down.

Oh no, please reassure your brother, this can happen. Apollo is a beloved kitty, your brother is a good guy. Hugs to your brother.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1433385306|3884908 said:

Oh no, please reassure your brother, this can happen. Apollo is a beloved kitty, your brother is a good guy. Hugs to your brother.

Thanks, we appreciate it. My brother is the best!

Lulu, he read that article from Maddie's Fund and he said grief avoidance is definitely starting to set in. He is prepared, he has all the tools, he is doing all the right things, its just the waiting is so hard on him.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sad that he still isn't home yet. ;( Your brother must be going through hell right now. I know I would be a basket case if Tinkie or Peanut ever got out and I would never stop searching. My thoughts continue to be with you guys right now and I am still wearing my kitty pendant and thinking of Apollo every day.

I'm not sure how I feel about the bloodhound. I don't know if it's worth the risk of scaring him ever further away. If he's trapped somewhere again and can't escape and the bloodhound can locate him so he can be rescued that's one thing. But if he's not trapped the bloodhound may send him running further and further away. This is a tough call...

I hope he just comes home on his own and your brother doesn't need to resort to extreme measures such as a pet detective. Has he tried just sitting out of the front porch, with the litter box, food/tuna and just waiting? I know it sounds weird, not to be searching, but maybe if he sees your brother he will feel safer approaching him rather than being "chased" down. Might be worth a try.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1433385306|3884908 said:

Yes, please...we are all rooting for him...we know he's doing all he can...he doesn't need guilt on top of the sadness. :((

Please Apollo, come home...I found some extra dust today and I'm giving it all to you.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Sending you more dust and hoping for good news tonight.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
lulu|1433463116|3885321 said:
Sending you more dust and hoping for good news tonight.

Reunited and it feels so good! He just came home. My brother was in the kitchen and he thought he heard something outside so he went to the porch to check. Apollo jumped up onto the porch and ran in the front door!

Pricescope dust is magical! A great, big thank you to all of you.

img_4335_resized.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm So so happy to hear this!!! :appl: :dance: :appl: :wavey:

Thank you for telling us. I check this thread a couple times per day and I bet others did too!!!

Pour your bro a big shot of vodka, he's probably exhausted and wrung out. I hope you, your bro and Apollo sleep well.

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
happy_dance.gif YAY!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news!! Yay! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

So relieved for your brother and his family. Glad to hear Apollo came home safe and sound. Wish he could tell us what he's been up to all this time.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thank God! I am so relieved!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:

OMG you made my night my day my week

Please post more pictures of Apollo if you can so we can see him safe. :appl:

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1433476468|3885391 said:
:appl:

OMG you made my night my day my week

Please post more pictures of Apollo if you can so we can see him safe. :appl:

I'll try to get him to send me some photos tomorrow, so that I may share them with all of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results