shape
carat
color
clarity

iLander Please put some peace into my crazy mind right now!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
iLander! We are under contract to close at the end of April and since our apartment lease does not end until the end of June I'm trying to sublet it out right now.
I wasn't sure if this is too much to ask, but do you think we will close on time with no problem? Otherwise we will be homeless and have nowhere to stay if we do sublet it out! =(
Please use your wonderful gift and hopefully give me some peace to my mind...
Thank you <3333333

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Re: iLander Please put some peace into my crazy mind right n

Everything will be fine, don't worry about it. :)

Try to find a nice charity or some homeless people to give $25 to, that sometimes adds a little luck to your life. Think about finding a good recipient for the $25. There is a very specific person needing that money, and your job right now is to find them.

I'm also sending some dust, so you won't worry. Dust, dust! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sending lots of ***dust*** too minmin!!!! Good luck!!!! :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

ilander, did your gift for finding lost items ever return? I need you...again.

(And sorry for the thread jack)

iLander

Ideal_Rock

amc80 said:

No, sorry . . . 8) That whole thing with Maisie pretty much blew my confidence, so it doesn't function anymore.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1364302731|3413601 said:

Try to find a nice charity or some homeless people to give $25 to, that sometimes adds a little luck to your life. Think about finding a good recipient for the $25. There is a very specific person needing that money, and your job right now is to find them.

Eek, iLander, where are you when I need you? My own anxiety is super super high re: grad school admission results… I haven't had a legitimate panic attack in years, and I've been getting em daily for the last few weeks. Your words, gift, and all just radiate peace..

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

iLander|1364302731|3413601 said:

Sounds good, I will see what I can find!
Thank you very much!! =)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

missy|1364304845|3413628 said:
I'm sending lots of ***dust*** too minmin!!!! Good luck!!!! :appl:

Thank you missy~ =)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1364309322|3413689 said:

no problem and I hope you find whatever you are looking for soon~ /hugs

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

any hint on the people that's in need?
The problem is Austin is a great city for homeless people since it's so nice and warm and I have a few just outside my work place (we know them well and sadly they are just people who smoke, doing drug and begging for money and does not want to work)
It's hard for me to tell who really is the one that needs help =(

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

minmin001|1364315458|3413759 said:
The problem is Austin is a great city for homeless people since it's so nice and warm and I have a few just outside my work place (we know them well and sadly they are just people who smoke, doing drug and begging for money and does not want to work)

Hi,
I normally don't like to donate money because I wonder if it goes to "administrative fees," or like you were saying, people who are always begging for money and almost have turned that into a profession.

The website linked below changed my mind. I found my elementary school and donated money to help a teacher asking for funds for books for her classroom. Teachers always end up spending some of their salary to pay for school supplies and with budget cuts, it happens more often OR instead, the kids receive less books & project supplies...

http://www.donorschoose.org/

Another idea is shoes for homeless children. You can contact a local organization to see about helping a family out.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

MC|1364318988|3413802 said:

Hi,
I normally don't like to donate money because I wonder if it goes to "administrative fees," or like you were saying, people who are always begging for money and almost have turned that into a profession.

The website linked below changed my mind. I found my elementary school and donated money to help a teacher asking for funds for books for her classroom. Teachers always end up spending some of their salary to pay for school supplies and with budget cuts, it happens more often OR instead, the kids receive less books & project supplies...

http://www.donorschoose.org/

Another idea is shoes for homeless children. You can contact a local organization to see about helping a family out.

Thank you! that's very helpful. I will look into it. Yes I normally don't like to donate money because I never know how much of my money will be put into good use.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

madelise said:
Eek, iLander, where are you when I need you? My own anxiety is super super high re: grad school admission results… I haven't had a legitimate panic attack in years, and I've been getting em daily for the last few weeks. Your words, gift, and all just radiate peace..

You'll be fine, you'll have to choose which one.

To increase your luck right now, give $25 to someone who needs it very badly.

Sending dust to you! :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

You'll know them when you see them. Be alert to those around you that may be having difficulty.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Generally, it's a good idea to loosen up the flow of money (the Qi) by giving some away when you need some. That's why it's thought to be good luck.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1364324899|3413845 said:
madelise said:

Thanks, iLander. Yikes, I heard that exact phrase from someone else, but I'm down to my last two schools and I have yet to receive notice from them.

And I'm not sure who really needs it… Everyone "needs" money, but I don't know who really really needs it right now. I'm going to drop off my scholarship application in about an hour. I hope I find my person while I'm there. I'm wondering if it's the mom with 3 young kids under 5 that I work with… She works in a department at my work that just decided to close their department in a few weeks, and I heard from my sup that she's been going through a divorce in the last few months. It's got to be her, right?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1364325126|3413852 said:
Generally, it's a good idea to loosen up the flow of money (the Qi) by giving some away when you need some. That's why it's thought to be good luck.

I'm going to go to my grandma's house to pick up a red envelope to store the money in. That red envelope is supposed to bring luck, too.
The Chinese really believe that giving red envelopes away gives the giver fortune, too.
*Fingers crossed*

iLander

Ideal_Rock

madelise|1364331196|3413925 said:
madelise said:

Thanks, iLander. Yikes, I heard that exact phrase from someone else, but I'm down to my last two schools and I have yet to receive notice from them.

And I'm not sure who really needs it… Everyone "needs" money, but I don't know who really really needs it right now. I'm going to drop off my scholarship application in about an hour. I hope I find my person while I'm there. I'm wondering if it's the mom with 3 young kids under 5 that I work with… She works in a department at my work that just decided to close their department in a few weeks, and I heard from my sup that she's been going through a divorce in the last few months. It's got to be her, right?

It could very well be. I think you should talk to her, see what you can do. You're trying to gain acceptance, an open door. Is there some way you can open a door for her? Some way to help her find a job? Do you know someone, a name, something that could help?

iLander

Ideal_Rock

madelise|1364331260|3413926 said:

I'm going to go to my grandma's house to pick up a red envelope to store the money in. That red envelope is supposed to bring luck, too.
The Chinese really believe that giving red envelopes away gives the giver fortune, too.
*Fingers crossed*

Wow! I didn't know that, thanks for that info. I might have to find some of those somewhere.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander|1364331748|3413933 said:
madelise|1364331196|3413925 said:
madelise said:

It could very well be. I think you should talk to her, see what you can do. You're trying to gain acceptance, an open door. Is there some way you can open a door for her? Some way to help her find a job? Do you know someone, a name, something that could help?

I'll see if she's at work today. There's no contacts I know since I myself haven't really been too much in the work force. And she can't work most types of jobs since she's a FT momma to the little ones, too.

iLander said:
madelise|1364331260|3413926 said:

*Fingers crossed*

Wow! I didn't know that, thanks for that info. I might have to find some of those somewhere.

Yup. Chinese New Year = lots of red envelopes being handed out. I used to ask my grandma why they give money away so happily, and it's because it brings the giver fortune and health for the new year. They also give these away for other holidays, birthdays, and other types of celebrations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results