shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were keys, where would you hide?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I can't find my keys and I can't think of any place else to look. Where is the weirdest place you have found your keys?

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
The fridge. Yes thats right. And not just once either, thats Dhs go to spot as soon as I whine "Mr. Sctsbride have you seen my keys I cant find them ANYWHERE". Usually, thats where they are.

ETA- Im thinking the keys end up in the fridge so often because thats the first spot I hit when I come home, haha.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're usually in the car when I can't find them.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oooh my keys can be crafty little critters. Yesterday they somehow made their way into the top bowl in the stack of bowls in the kitchen press. Last week, they were on the 6th step of the staircase, hiding over in the corner beside the banister. One time, they were found on the roof of my car. They sneak their way into the fridge or freezer regularly. My car key spent some time hiding in a shoe in a backpack there a couple of months ago.

I'm actually not bad for losing things, it's just when I do misplace something it turns up in the weirdest place. Most often, I put something on the landing, in between the banistairs, on my way down the stairs so that's the first place I look when I lose something!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Princess - I should be very embarrassed to admit this, but after not having my keys for an entire week, I finally found them in my purse! In my defense, it was a very large tote-sized purse, but I still felt pretty foolish when I finally found them hiding at the bottom! :-o

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Its bad, but I usually find them in the furniture. I will come home with my hands full and toss them on the sofa or chair and then they slide down behind or between the cushions. I have found them there a couple of times. DH always yells because he says the keys can rip the fabric when someone sits down.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
They're usually in FI's jeans, which are crumpled up on the floor somewhere :sick: He loves to steal my keys when his are not close by.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are usually still in the car somewhere. I usually throw them down (not thinking) to pick up some other
junk and get my kids unbuckled and then close the door behind me.

Check the floor boards in your car.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm always losing my keys too. Once they fell into a pair of dh's shoes because his shoes were right under the hook where I usually hang them. I've also found my keys between sofa cushions, in the coupon drawer.....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hide under water, in the clothes washer, in a pocket of a pair of pants my forgetful owner is washing.

Don't ask me how I know this. :oops:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH's glovebox. We went to the mall and I decided to leave my things in the car but forgot to fetch my keys when we got home.

ETA - Kenny, that's where my cell phone usually hides!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
my mom's pocket... and she kept on telling me she didn't take it. :lol:

IwannaCushion

Rough_Rock
How about the front door? Everyone in my family has accidentally left the keys in the door once!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
In the pocket of one of my children or my husband. This also holds true for debit cards.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
1. In between the cushions of the couch
2. In one of the pockets of my purse that I never use
3. On top of the microwave

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Do you have pets? My keys (and cellphone, wallet and other random but necessary objects) like to hide under the blankets in my dog's basket. :rolleyes:

Jen

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
my keys ended up in a box of cheese nips... don't ask me how or why but that's where they were.
Took me over an hour to find them, then I got hungry...and HUZZAH :shock:

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
lvnut said:
Princess - I should be very embarrassed to admit this, but after not having my keys for an entire week, I finally found them in my purse! In my defense, it was a very large tote-sized purse, but I still felt pretty foolish when I finally found them hiding at the bottom! :-o

One time a set of two keys to an office i used slipped between the lining and leather in my purse. I emptied it, shook it, dumped it up and down -- I was CERTAIN they were not in my purse. Turned my house, car, office inside out. Then felt them a few weeks later and was shocked!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
These are good ideas. So far they're not anywhere, but hopefully they'll turn up. I think they're with my beach towel that I took to my friend's house. That towel is the key to the key mystery. I just know it...

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
In the garbage. Still not sure how or why I did it, but at least searching the garbage was worthwhile in this case (otherwise I would have been really annoyed).

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
princesss said:
These are good ideas. So far they're not anywhere, but hopefully they'll turn up. I think they're with my beach towel that I took to my friend's house. That towel is the key to the key mystery. I just know it...
How's the towel theory coming along?

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to the fridge. I actually did it at work. And I walked all the way out to my car (which is a decent hike where I work) to realize I didn't have them. My boss already thinks I'm crazy thankfully, so he was not surprised to see me walk back in and grab my keys out of the fridge...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Under decorative pillows on the couch/chairs, in the pantry, in my bed, bathroom cabinet, on top of the tv...

I do this a lot and I know exactly how frustrated you are! I hope you find them soon!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Mine are usually in my purse when I can't find them because I stick them in a basket that hangs by the front door 99.9% of the time.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
In the hamper bag, usually to be found when dumping the bag into the washer. I have a couple of extra pairs because of my fibrofog! :blackeye:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So far the towel is nowhere to be found. I'm now using my backup keys, and getting a little stressed. I went to Target and asked if they found them (FYI, it's really embarassing to have to look somebody in the eye and say, "Is there anything that makes them stand out? Ummm...there's a pink key that says 'Princess' on it..." My mother has a sick sense of humour) but no luck.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
So you're missing a towel and keys now. Hmmm... did you drive to the friend's house? I'm guessing you didn't or you would have known the keys were there somewhere when you tried to drive home.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I went someplace with my friend and grabbed keys so I could lock up, but I dont' remember which keys. I drove to my friend's house ont he third and drove home, and that was the last time I specifically remember using those keys. I think I must have used them on the 4th, but I don't remember if I did or not.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Is there a chance you may have accidentally thrown them out with the garbage? I did it once. I was holding my keys in the same hand I was holding the garbage bag and while I was putting the garbage outside, my key went in the bag too. Then I went home and remembered I was holding my keys originally and rushed back outside to check the garbage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results