shape
carat
color
clarity

If money were no object, what would the stats be on e-ring?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: If money were no object, what would the stats be on e-ri

Rosebloom|1375915836|3498556 said:
SB621 said:
Just picked up my lotto tickets. RB if I win that cushion is yours!!!!

much love,
your fellow toddler mommy who is exhausted

Oh you are the sweetest ever!

Today was definitely "one of those days." Pulled out if important work meeting to come home because my son was having an epic meltdown and wouldn't stop. Later my son and I were doing arts and crafts. I left for two minutes to get the little one up from his nap. I came back and the older one had spread paint all over the floor, wall, a gorgeous antique side board. Then I took us on a long walk to burn off some steam and visit a park a little further away than our normal spots. We got there, played for 15 minutes, and a freak flash thunderstorm hit. I was soaked to the bone by the time we got back. So... I've told hubby to buy a ticket on the way home cause momma needs a new diamond ring!!! :)

So if I win, I'll treat both of us to a long weekend at a spa. Without the children.

Oh Rose, I have been there too! Its all you can do not to just lock the kids in a room and run away! ::) Hang in there. Sneak out tonight for some "me time" if you can!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom|1375899756|3498364 said:
$47,330, Cushion, 4.00, J VS1

This. In a Single Stone solitaire. With a dainty SS French cut eternity.

So... $65k should do the trick? DF, could you cover that if your ticket hits big tonight? :)

That's from OWD, right? I drool over that one too!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mine would be a 1.5 - 2.0 carat emerald cut. G color VS2.

In a round, I would want a 1.5 carat I color with strong blue fluor, VS2.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

I want to play! Mine would be a 5-6 ct, F, VS1, August Vintage Cushion in a simple Cartier solitaire. Come on lotto numbers...! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love this 8.70 carat Antique Oval that was described as mesmerising and looking like pure ice. F VS1 16.31 x 13.06 x 5.63. Obviously someone else agreed with me as it was sold in around 2.5 weeks of being on 1stDibs.....and nope sadly it wasn't me, if only I had won lotto beforehand!!!! A 3 + carat pink Argyle would be up there as well.

first_dibs.jpg

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock

If money was no issue, I'd have a gradient of rings of varying sizes , stones and styles for every situation. :razz:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

4 ct. MRB. D IF. No Fluoro. Cartier or Tiffany solitaire. Custom insert made with that pair of Demantoids at Wildfish Gems--so I could wear it as a three stone...or alone.

Sigh.

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

SB621|1375925873|3498637 said:
SB621 said:

much love,

Today was definitely "one of those days." Pulled out if important work meeting to come home because my son was having an epic meltdown and wouldn't stop. Later my son and I were doing arts and crafts. I left for two minutes to get the little one up from his nap. I came back and the older one had spread paint all over the floor, wall, a gorgeous antique side board. Then I took us on a long walk to burn off some steam and visit a park a little further away than our normal spots. We got there, played for 15 minutes, and a freak flash thunderstorm hit. I was soaked to the bone by the time we got back. So... I've told hubby to buy a ticket on the way home cause momma needs a new diamond ring!!! :)

So if I win, I'll treat both of us to a long weekend at a spa. Without the children.
You are toooooo good to me! Hot stone massage for 1 please!

Your day sounds like mine. Potty training #2 was a epic EPIC failure. And now they are both having melt downs left and right (both of them) and i have no idea over what.

Potty training is the pits. As are inexplicable melt downs. But hot stone massages ... That is delux! I like the way you think! And afterwards the children just look so much cuter and their antics are funnier.
Laila619 said:
Rosebloom|1375899756|3498364 said:
$47,330, Cushion, 4.00, J VS1

This. In a Single Stone solitaire. With a dainty SS French cut eternity.

So... $65k should do the trick? DF, could you cover that if your ticket hits big tonight? :)

That's from OWD, right? I drool over that one too!

Yes indeedy. I "visit" it often.
Dreamer_D said:
SB621 said:

much love,

Oh Rose, I have been there too! Its all you can do not to just lock the kids in a room and run away! ::) Hang in there. Sneak out tonight for some "me time" if you can!

Dreamer, another bling lover with little ones. You are totally coming to the spa trip post lotto win.

I did escape tonight. Just to the grocery store but it was a nice break. And tomorrow's a fresh start.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mine would be a diamond between .80-.99 F/G VS2 ideal cut H&A. I would pick flawless, but then there wouldn't be the blue print of the inclusion to match to the certificate, and I'd rather have that security than flawless.

Asking me about the diamond is EASY. The setting would be a tough one because I'd want something that'd not go out of style and I'm noticing more upgrading around the women I know so there is a good chance I might go with a designer high-quality solitaire in platinum and then use my endless piles of money to purchase many bands to mix and match. I'd also have tons of diamond studs in all sizes and shapes, plus numerous pendants...on and on...luckily, with my ONE RING taken care of, the rest of my moola could go to all kinds of various baubles.

(I am amazed by the big diamonds, but there is no way a large diamond could work with my lifestyle...I just don't go to activities where that is common place, plus we hike and go to parks, and also, I'm really clumsy and am VERY lucky my current eng diamond still is in once piece b/c once I smashed it into a metal bar stool while swing my arm along...)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom|1375934891|3498774 said:
I did escape tonight. Just to the grocery store but it was a nice break. And tomorrow's a fresh start.

You know you have kids under five when... a trip to the grocery store is divine! Or, if you are like me, you look forward to an eight hour flight accross country solo for business because EIGHT HOURS of uninterrupted reading and napping?!?!? Bring it on!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can we only buy ONE e-ring? I'd rather buy many ;-). But if you're restricting me to ONE... I actually would love a D IF Super Ideal MRB or 1:1 AVC. I think I need a 10 ct to use up all my finger real estate, right? Set it in a chunky 22kt YG solitaire, just like Coati's!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hmmm, I'd be torn between an I/J 3ct. OEC with gorgeous faceting to replace the center stone in my current 3 stone ring and a 5 ct. emerald cut with clipped corners and beautiful steps, set in a setting like asscher girls.....

I have news for you ladies with little ones....mine are 6 & 8 and a trip to the grocery store without them is STILL heaven!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

yennyfire|1375961447|3498882 said:
Hmmm, I'd be torn between an I/J 3ct. OEC with gorgeous faceting to replace the center stone in my current 3 stone ring and a 5 ct. emerald cut with clipped corners and beautiful steps, set in a setting like asscher girls.....

I have news for you ladies with little ones....mine are 6 & 8 and a trip to the grocery store without them is STILL heaven!!

Yenny don't say that! I need a light at the end of the tunnel right now!!!

Well no big winner! On to next week!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1375941918|3498825 said:
EIGHT HOURS of uninterrupted reading and napping?!?!? Bring it on!

So true.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

SB621|1375962691|3498891 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble SB.... ;-)

D

Deactivated member 42515

Hmmm I'm thinking...

I think I would like a 10ct+ OEC, I color, and VS1 clarity. Teeny table, high crown to die for. And put it in a halo! SS halo!!!!
Tell them money is no object sir! Do as you wish!!!

Can I also get diamond encrusted collars for my baby girls? Hahaha they will be the talk of the dog park!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

can you say RING POP? you know, for those "extra insecure" days... :naughty: :naughty: :Up_to_something:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

Fun topic! Mine would be a two-carat D VS1 round brilliant super-ideal, cut by Crafted By Infinity or Hearts on Fire. That would rush me about $70 - 80k, I think.

ETA: just read a little further up in the thread. I think that parents deserve medals, I really do!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Probably a 4 ct j-l color antique emerald (bug culet) in 18 k rose gold Cartier style solitaire

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

yennyfire|1375970532|3498948 said:
SB621|1375962691|3498891 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble SB.... ;-)

Noooooooooo!! :o Don't do that to us Yenny! Let us live in fantasy ::)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

hahaha Mine are 11 & 12 (about to turn 13) and now, when we go to grocery store, they go look in the video game section for the ENTIRE time. They'll sit in there for 1/2 hour and look at the strategy books while I browse the aisles and try to escape from other kids racing about.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't believe how modest most of your dream rings are (as usual Sharon excepted, and pregcurious, too)! I put up all my "good" jewelry up for consignment hoping to buy a solitaire that was, in reality, more costly than most of your dream rings. It did not work out. Only one of my diamonds sold, so I am probably going to pull all the rest of my pieces. I am not unhappy that I sold the stone I did, because it allowed me to get a pair of diamond hoop earrings made. But I will never be able to afford the solitaire I would have been able to buy if I had successfully sold everything for the prices for which the items were consigned!

I had wanted to buy a 3-carat D colored VS-1 or VS-2 ideal cut diamond to wear as a solitaire in the same setting I had been wearing my previous diamond (an ideal cut F colored VS 1.67 carat diamond).

If I were dreaming with money as no object, I would dream bigger!!! Either in carat size of a diamond or I'd think of an unheated Burmese ruby!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I think the title of my thread is worded badly, because not everyone is getting my point....I'm not really talking about a DREAM ring. If money were not an object, my DREAM ring would probably be a honking 5+ carat emerald cut in flawless and colorless, but that's not practical realistic as an e-ring or to wear everywhere 24/7.

I'm talking about THE e-ring that you'd wear every day, 24/7 for life, and you could never get alternate rings earings, pendants etc.
what stats would make you completely satisfied, and never yearn for anything else?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Oh as for the mommies who are struggling with young kids, there is light at the end of the tunnel. My kids are 11 and 9, and like MC's they are very independent, and don't bother me a bit. In fact I like grocery shopping with them because they HELP me! I think I'm very lucky that I have extremely obedient kids who help me find things on my grocery list, help push the shopping cart, and help take put the groceries away when we get home....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CrisM|1375991684|3499189 said:
Kenny, something like this?

5_ct_red_diamond.jpg

http://www.firenzejewels.com/jewelry_blog/kazanjian-red-diamond-in-new-york/

My ideal ring would be a small(er) red diamond bezeled in 18k hammered / brushed / matte gold. Discreet, so only I would know.

Cool Rock!
Thanks for posting.
I was not aware of this one, but it doesn't look like GIA would grade it pure Fancy Red.
I searched around a bit and could not find any record of it going to GIA, so I wonder if it really is pure red.
It looks more Deep Brownish Orange in that pic, but you can't judge by pics.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

My dream would not be too outside reach (someday) hopefully!!!! A 2ct AVC in a Novo-esque setting, perhaps replaced with teeny tiny French cuts in the band instead! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have no issues wearing a 3 ct fancy vivid blue, pink or red step cut diamond 365/24/7. :cheeky:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would say a 2.5ct round E color and Flawless :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results