shape
carat
color
clarity

I thought I knew that voice...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My daughter did this voice over commercial for Sears. Unlike when she did Katya and four or five of the minor characters in the first version of "The Walking Dead" video game, I actually got to listen to this ad. (Wink does NOT do Zombie apocalypse games, he has enough nightmares already without adding to them!)

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7CDP/sears-1-appliance-store

I know this has to be less fun than "The Walking Dead," but it was fun to hear her do something that the "old man" could enjoy.

Wink

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Super cool! Must be weird but cool to be mindlessly watching TV and suddenly hear her voice.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely voice!

How did she get into voice over work?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, she sounds great and so professional! Very well done, how cool Wink!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She has a lovely voice :)) It must be a pleasant surprise to suddenly hear your daughter's voice when watching a commercial.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for the kind comments.

Gypsy, my daughter had a fascination with voices and mimicry that I like to think she learned from me. One day as she was driving to work she heard an advertisement for a voiceover school. With encouragement from her then fiancé, she signed up and started taking classes in the evenings. Long story short, she had a true gift for it and was soon doing minor jobs. Over time, she started doing larger and larger jobs and eventually got her union card which meant she not only got better jobs, but she was better paid. (It is a catch 22 situation to get a union card. It seems you can't do a union job without a union card and you can't get a union card until you've done a union job.)

Over the years she has developed an excellent reputation as being not only a great voice but a great and easy to work with personality. One of her potential competitors told me that the reason she is so popular with her contemporaries is that if she is auditioning for a job and thinks someone else might be better at it than she is, she will recommend that the director talk with that person. Many of the people who might be jealous of her success are the same ones she has helped to get jobs.

Voiceover looks like such a simple job, but in reality, it is much more difficult than it looks. It takes hours and hours of practice and commitment to be able to read a script and not sound like you are reading.

Wink

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
V
Wink|1411058892|3753199 said:
Voiceover looks like such a simple job, but in reality, it is much more difficult than it looks. It takes hours and hours of practice and commitment to be able to read a script and not sound like you are reading.

Wink

I totally agree - your daughter is very talented Wink and I hope she gets more work - she deserves to, she's really good!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results