shape
carat
color
clarity

I think someone is stealing our mail!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
My very kind and totally sweet neighbour came to out unit this afternoon with a big package for me, and a missed delivery note from the post office for my FI.

He also said that he put two other missed delivery notes in our mail box last week, but FI said he found none.
33.gif
WTH, right?

SO, the only thing that could be happening here is that someone is purposely going through our mail and stealing them!! There is no street number and unit number on our mailboxes yet, and some units are still not finished being built.

What can I do here? Can FI and I go to the Post office with our IDs and ask if anyone else have claimed our packages for us?

HELP!!! TIA!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I would get a PO Box. As for packages I would get them delivered to your work.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get a locking mailbox (if you don''t have one already)?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
How much does it cost for a PO Box?

I might have to consider sending packages to my work.

VRBeauty, yeah, i need to get a locking mailbox. I don''t have one at the moment.

Who is supposed to number the streets?? The council or the developer?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Up to a few years ago we had a PO box and sometimes someone else''s mail would be in there, but all in all worked out well. Later we decided to put in mail box and have not had any issues (we live in a rural area). I used to get some packages delivered to the PO box and that was fine. As to other package deliveries I always check on-line tracking or note that a neighbor will sign for me and hold the package if signature is needed. If I won''t be at home my neighbor will always get the package for me and I return the favor as well.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I worked as a postal worker (in Canada, but still), and you should be able to claim your packages with your ID and proof of address. A postal worker should not be allowed to give away a package without those even though the person claiming it has the delivery notice. Giving away mail to someone other than the addressee, stealing or keeping mail that isn''t yours is illegal. I definitely agree with the locking mailbox suggestions, and perhaps having your packages delivered to the office.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Years back I got a copy of my credit report and it said that the address I lived at was known as an area where identity theft was common.

I got a PO box and we had it for about four years. The price varies depending upon if you live in a small area or a large city. Mine was about $70 a year *for the SMALLEST size*, which I would recommend. Anything that doesn't fit into the mailbox, is put into Parcel Bins and the PO sticks a key in your PO box and you take that and go over and open up the parcel box and retrieve your package. Occasionally, you have to go into the front part to pick something up. . .when the parcel holders fill up.

Oh,to get a PO box, you need a DL and mail showing your current home address (be sure to bring power bill or something like that to the PO). If your DH wants to be added to the PO Box, he has to go in and show his DL as well. They're really strict with that. No fake names.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2009 12:58:03 AM
Author: cindygenit

I might have to consider sending packages to my work.

VRBeauty, yeah, i need to get a locking mailbox. I don''t have one at the moment.

Who is supposed to number the streets?? The council or the developer?
My workplace does not allow me to accept personal packages at work. After a package was apparently stolen from my porch, I went to the local post office where my mail is distributed and filled out a form so that they no longer leave packages on my porch (I also have a note on my mail box, just in case).
2.gif
The delivery people have been really good about it, even though they have to take time to fill out the notices.

If you don''t already have a locking mailbox, by all means get one! I got one after someone apparently started using my mailbox as their personal PO box. I''m not usually home during the day, and apparently they''d use my address to get credit cards (under a variety of names), and then pick up the credit cards when they arrived -- but never the bills. All that stopped once I got a locking box, plus it gave me peace of mind.

As to the street numbers etc... I suspect that varies by area. But it would probably help if both you and the neighbor who sometimes gets your mail have your addresses displayed on your respective mailboxes.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a PO box, the smallest size, and I pay $22 every 6 months. It is $44 for a full year. Definitely worth it in my opinion :)

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I think I will look into getting a PO Box for sure :) And a locking mailbox too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results