shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I picked my setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is one of the Vatche Alexa collection rings. Thumbelina has one. I was wondering what everyone thinks about this for my 1.77RB K. I was thinking I wanted something antique looking, that would go with the warmer colour of my stone. I had originally wanted an OEC, but could never find one locally. My stone faces up quite white, so I don't think that will be too much of a problem, but if you think it may be a problem, please let me know. Don't know when I'll get this one, that's up to hubby. It could be soon, like April, or maybe not until our anniversary in Sept. I love Thumbelina's curved wedding band too, and would do the same or have one custom made with diamonds and sapphires (DH's birthstone). Here is a pic.

Thumbelina's thread, my inspiration: vatche antique style ring

lyravatche999.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring size is a 7 and I like that this will make my diamond appear larger and give me finger coverage. I''m just not digging the solitaire look after 5 months. My daughters love the design. I would order through excel I think.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have always LOVED that ring. I think it will look fabulous with your yummy size stone!!
30.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen that setting, but I think it''s very pretty. I think a K would look very at home in it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2008 2:25:49 PM
Author: Ellen
I have always LOVED that ring. I think it will look fabulous with your yummy size stone!!
30.gif
Thanks Ellen. Do you think it would have that vintage feel I''ve been craving? There are no Vatche dealers in Canada, so this is a case where I''ll just have to take my chances. I think it looks pretty unique too. Not the normal pave thin band, but I have to take my diamond''s strong and weak points into consideration. It definitely has a tint in some circumstances. I thought it would look okay if it was in a vintage type setting where you might expect to see a warmer stone. I know this setting is far from what is the norm around here, but thin and pave just isn''t me.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2008 2:39:03 PM
Author: LegacyGirl
It''s so pretty it looks like a flower!
That''s what I like about it. I liked it from the first time I saw it months ago.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2008 2:27:37 PM
Author: lumpkin
I''ve never seen that setting, but I think it''s very pretty. I think a K would look very at home in it.
Thanks Lumpkin. I know it''s not the norm you see around here for sure. I''m just trying to work with my diamond''s natural characteristics. I wanted a diamond and sapphire setting, but you''d be surprised how hard it is to find a stock setting for that size of diamond.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 4:11:12 PM
Author: lyra

Thanks Ellen. Do you think it would have that vintage feel I''ve been craving? There are no Vatche dealers in Canada, so this is a case where I''ll just have to take my chances. I think it looks pretty unique too. Not the normal pave thin band, but I have to take my diamond''s strong and weak points into consideration. It definitely has a tint in some circumstances. I thought it would look okay if it was in a vintage type setting where you might expect to see a warmer stone. I know this setting is far from what is the norm around here, but thin and pave just isn''t me.
Yes, I definitely think it has a vintage feel. And I think your stone will look really pretty in it, seriously.

And hey, I have a setting that''s far from the norm too.
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it definitely has a vintage feel to it. Your "K" would look gorgeous in this setting!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I so love that setting! The first time I saw it, I kept going back to it--it's so stunning!
Can't wait to see it on your hand!
ps-I have a K too--and I love the color! It's going to look gorgeous!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish people would just stop posting all these gorgeous settings. How am I supposed to settle on just one, when there are so many beautiful settings around here!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that setting will look beautiful with your stone.

sera

Ideal_Rock
lyra, that is SO pretty! When do we get the handshots?!
31.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
lyra, perfect choice. I LOVE LOVE crazy LOVE that Vatche setting. I remember when I was looking for myself, I kept coming back to that one. I also was looking for something with an antique style. I think it''s a gorgeous setting. Go for it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty setting! I just thought I''d mention that Good Old Gold and Winfield''s carry Vatche if you wanted to use a PriceScope vendor for your setting.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always admired that gorgeous setting, it is so pretty!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. I don''t know when I''ll get it. That''s up to DH. His surprise.
11.gif
Plus it may take some weeks to get it in the head size I need. I was really discouraged while looking all these months because very few settings some with a 1.75+ head. It''s a limiting factor if you don''t want to go custom, which I don''t. Plus I didn''t want a halo or pave. This one does have some pave, but it looks manageable to me. My husband doesn''t think I should wear a wedding band with it, but I would still like a curved one if I can find one that fits right. Wow, I feel like a LIW or something. I want my ring!!
29.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, your stone is gonna ROCK that setting! It totally screams vintage, which is so right up my ally! I LOVE IT!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results