shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m desperate!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
okay, this has nothing to do with diamonds.....

As I said in my profile, my husband and I don''t have children yet so we treat our cats as if they were our kids. One of my cats has been doing something a little strange. She has one toy that she ADORES. She literally carries around this toy all day and even sleeps with it. She''s a real nuturing cat and takes care of our other cat too. My cats have lots of toys, but this cat only plays with this particular toy (it''s a small frog doll with arms and legs that dangle out). The other cat knows not to touch this frog.

Anyway, my cat often puts her frog in her food dish. This is really adorable. It''s almost as if she thought she hunted down a real treat and she''s saving it for later.
1.gif
Sometimes, however, she puts her toy in her water bowl! Her food bowl and water bowl are not right next to each other, so it''s not like she''s getting the bowls confused. She has to be purposefully putting her toy in her water bowl. So, I usually wash it out, hang it to dry, and give it back to her. Yes, it''s a little nasty, but we can''t bear to throw out this toy because she'' really attached to it.

Does anyone''s cat put their favorite toy in their water bowl? Any suggestiong to curb this behavior, or should I just put up with it? (God knows we put up with just about anything with those two cats. They are really spoiled and it''s nobody''s fault but our own).

kitte

Rough_Rock
wow! i thought only my cat did that but now i know it's very common. it gets annoying becuase she does it so much and ruins so many toys. it has something to do with seeing her food and water area as a safe place. she's just keeping her favorite things safe.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha - We're talking cats here! You definetly HAVE to put up with your furry one's behaviour. lol I won't even public admit what we do to our cat happy
rolleyes.gif
VERY SPOILED is all I can say. . .oh, and that it sounds like they've trained US well.
9.gif

Michelle

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Good Lord! I do not have and never had a cat, but as soon as I read this I instantly remembered "Gymbo the Clown"! My daughter, at 3 or 4, felt that the natural habitat of a rag doll from Gymboree (whom she called, "Gymbo the Cloon") was the toilet. Every time she got hold of Gymbo he went into the toilet. We would then wash him and hang him up to dry. While he was drying we would explain that every time Gymbo went in the toilet she would be deprived of him for this time while he dried. She would look up at him longingly and wait for him to dry. Then, as SOON as she got him again, back into the toilet he went.

I had totally forgotten that! At least kids grow up :). Cute story.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results