shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching footage of the shootout in Watertown, MA - what the H*** is going on these days?

ETA - it's beginning to look like what seemed too good to be true might in fact be true - that this shootout might be related to Monday's bombing... a terrible way for the bombings to be resolved, with yet another death, but... here's hoping they're right!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1366341534|3430251 said:
chemgirl|1366329971|3430124 said:
Woot! I think I found the source of the leak and managed to get some caulking in there and have it cure before the big storm. Turns out the builder didn't think we needed flashing under the balcony door. You could see light when I took off the drywall. The wood looks normal though so that's a plus!

Also majorly excited because my parents are coming to visit!

The only frustrating part is that DH asked if he could invite his dad along. Backstory is that his step-mom tried to steal from my parents and his dad is mentally unbalanced (anti-anxiety meds, alcohol, illegal drugs). Normally my husband gets that his dad isn't my favorite person, but he still sometimes turns in to a five-year-old when the topic comes up. If we're doing dinner with my parents, his dad should be welcome along. Its only fair right? Ugh...praying for patience on this one. Either that or sit back and listen to all of the lies FIL will tell my dad to try and impress him. Favorite so far is that FIL"s family apparently used to own the land my parent's vacation condo was built on....in a totally different country...what are the odds? lol.

Hope you got the leak all fixed! Sounds like the builder made a bad decision there :nono:

Enjoy the time with your parents. Maybe some sort of a compromise? Dinner with your parents, coffee & dessert his dad joins?

Thanks for the suggestion. Was a moot point because there's major flooding up by my parents and the highways are closed. Luckily their house is ok and nobody has been hurt, but its still scary! Water is still rising. http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/flooding-in-ontario-s-cottage-country-forces-residents-from-homes-1.1247408

Praying that nobody's hurt and the water recedes soon!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I can't buy the stone I want from Gemfix because it is over $1000 and I'm not in the US. So stupid. So ticked.
:angryfire: ;( :angryfire: ;(

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I love Mumford & Sons
I'm freezing

I just wrote a really really GOOD paper on A Vindication on the Rights of Women and how Mary Wollstonecraft's life affected her writing it, and I wrote it in under an hour... with limited resources. I'm proud of myself.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
I wish there was a road connecting all the continents :|
I hate being half a world away from home.
참...답답해요 :oops:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1366757846|3433211 said:

Big hugs! I hope that whatever is making you wish to be closer to home works out okay. Being homesick is never fun.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just got two compliments on our yard in the last couple of weeks!
It is far from done -- still got lots of weeds, more moss than grass, and in big need of some pretty heavy landscaping -- but we are making progress. It feels so great to have people noticing all of the work we've been doing. :appl:

Luckily there is a fence around the back yard so they can't see what is waiting for us back there... :errrr:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Kelinas said:
참 답답하다! :) hee hee! I wish we had teleportation devices!!!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
YT|1366776901|3433467 said:
Kelinas said:
참 답답하다! :) hee hee! I wish we had teleportation devices!!!

Hah! I did a double take when I saw Korean written.
MOAR MOAR!
I miss having people to talk to in Korean, my mom just isn't the same as friends.

Fwiw- my fathers surgery was successful so now it's the difficult road to recovery. I still wish I was home, but not as sad about it.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I've just gotten my first three midterm grades back for my first semester back at uni - a 90%, a 94%, and a 96%! Highest marks on both my histopathology and molecular genetics tests out of the whole class (~190 students each). Not happy that my microbiology score wasn't the highest in the class since it IS my career, but I only missed out by half a point so I guess I'll let it slide...this time. :))

Side note: grading in Australia is lenient. You only have to get an 80% to get their highest mark, a 'high distinction,' and you pass with a 50%.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Well Done!!!

Celebrating here with you!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Awesome Just Ginger!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twice today I had to restrain myself from asking someone about their jewelry. I was at a conference, and I really did need to stick to the topic at hand... but... it took every bit of will power I had not to ask one person about her lovely earrings (looked to be real antiques, probably European, large drops, oval rubies surrounded by what looked like rose cuts, not the best stones but overall, ooh la la!) and another about her e-ring (three-stone, large beautiful diamond flanked by of the most luscious rubies).

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is supposed to be sunny, clear skies and a high of 20 - 22C today (about 68- 70F)!!! I can't wait!!! we are going to wash cars and detail them - get rid of all that winter grime that's been lingering FAR TOO LONG here.... Woo hoo!!!!

Doing car stuff after the mani pedi that DD and I are having this morning - a thank you treat for being so responsible at home with the dogs while we were in NYC and Chicago! :halo:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1367155674|3436045 said:
It is supposed to be sunny, clear skies and a high of 20 - 22C today (about 68- 70F)!!! I can't wait!!! we are going to wash cars and detail them - get rid of all that winter grime that's been lingering FAR TOO LONG here.... Woo hoo!!!!

Doing car stuff after the mani pedi that DD and I are having this morning - a thank you treat for being so responsible at home with the dogs while we were in NYC and Chicago! :halo:

Nice TAG LINE.... you know.. "kwim".. you need that one too!!!! I can come up with a few more for your devilish self.. if you need some help.. :devil:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1367164490|3436093 said:
Enerchi|1367155674|3436045 said:

Nice TAG LINE.... you know.. "kwim".. you need that one too!!!! I can come up with a few more for your devilish self.. if you need some help.. :devil:

Well. There IS another kinda obvious one I coined a while ago.... "1-800-WE-ENABLE". :lol: :lol: :lol: Ya. I should add that too. I mean... It's one of my finer skills... Just sayin! :wink2:

Lmao! Oh! I kill me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ta Da! I did it! Lol :D

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It got cold again in the UK. I wanna go back to Australia!!! ;(

SB621

Ideal_Rock
yay only 4 weeks till LAS! I'm so excitied!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So upset with the dr right now. Took "A" to see a different dr in the office we go to because the lady I usually see has been on hard to schedule hours (10am-2pm on different days each week) and then was out sick when we did have an appointment. Anyway, seen this guy before and he was great.... he just is NOT good dealing with a 13 year old and nutrition.
She needs to be eating another 100-200 calories per day. The usual dr wants that to be in fruits, veggies, protein, etc (mostly veggie though she said). So I've been working with "A" to learn balance and nutrition and all that. This guy just said that she can eat ice cream or whatever she feels like so long as she's getting the extra calories! (told HER this as I sat there :-o )

Now, I'm not against ice cream. We do eat it at home on occasion (like a couple of times a month). We also eat pastries and other yummy stuff too.
My problem is that she has parties in school almost weekly where they feed them doughnuts, cupcakes, and other such things. Lunch has ice cream bars, cookies, and more (and she does eat them) to go along with the pizza or French toast or whatever. Fine. But then the teachers give her candy and the tutor gives her candy.
I won't even go into the horrors of what her mother feeds her when they visit once a week :nono:

Oddly enough, with all of that sugar and junk, I want her to be adding more nutritious stuff -- NOT ice cream and cookies!

Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire:

Oh well.
Back to bagging up healthy, balanced snacks to add up those extra calories she needs in a nutritious sort of way.
Then back to the regular dr in another three months for another check-up.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Sooooooooooooo I am trying to be cautious and not get overly excited but if everything pulls together (and it should, there is no reason for it not to), I'm moving to Scotland in September and starting grad school. I am so, so, so excited.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princesss, I'm SO happy for you! Yay! I know you've wanted to move for so long, and if it works out, you'll be very close to your boyfriend. Awesome! :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an interview tomorrow and I'm really nervous about it. I have another one on Friday and on Thursday night, I'll be nervous about that one, too. Things haven't felt settled in a really long time and I'm ready for that to change.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1367359102|3437712 said:
I have an interview tomorrow and I'm really nervous about it. I have another one on Friday and on Thursday night, I'll be nervous about that one, too. Things haven't felt settled in a really long time and I'm ready for that to change.

Oh Zoe, best wishes and lots of dust for a great interview!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Zoe!

Yay Princesss!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The gardenias are blooming!! The gardenias are blooming!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yay! They smell SOOOOO good! I bring the blossoms inside and fall asleep smelling the sweet fragrance! :love:

I spend the whole year taking care of them so that I have one month of gardenias. Just in time for Mother's Day!

Gardenia time is almost as good as mango time! :D Sniff, sniff, ahhhh . . . :praise:

BTW, Zoe, you'll do great!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A completely random thing: I want women to stop apologizing for irrelevant shit.

Dear students at my prestigious women's studies college: stop apologizing every time you talk. "I could be wrong" and "it's just my opinion..." are not appropriate bookends for academic discourse. TELL ME the last time you saw a dude do that.

Dear posters on every message board I frequent (not just here): PLEASE STOP preemptively hating yourselves. Stop apologizing for the ridiculous minutia that nobody would ever care about if you didn't draw attention to it in some weird self-effacing display of how efficiently you have internalized patriarchy. Nobody cares about your finger wrinkles, your knuckle hair, your canckles, your long labia, your short frenulum ... NONE of it.

The only purpose that it serves is to make other women self-conscious about theirs, whatever the possessive may refer to. And, frankly, if you want to make other women feel bad, pardon the expression, but be a MAN about it and say that, btw, while YOU obsess about your fat nail beds (or whatever) and therefore care for them properly, you would now like to challenge other ladies to do likewise. DO NOT be passive-aggressive about it.

Also, Mom? If you try to give me unasked for advice on the grandson you never visit ONE MORE TIME, because God forbid I have a thing i'm not at fault for, I swear, I will scream fit to bring the house down.

Much as I hate patriarchy, I hate what it does to the ladies more. Argh, argh, argh, screw you, etc.

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming and drink some decaf.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Circe, this is for you.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4051

iLander, yay gardenias! I love them too, so fragrant.

Good luck Zoe! :appl:

Woo-hoo Princess! :appl:

TooPatient, that sucks. He could have said 'eat some fruit' just as easily. Dumb.

Sarahbear, I don't know what a LAS is, but it must be good!

Rosetta, cold sucks. It is snowing here, so lets commiserate together. I suggest a little light bling shopping. :Up_to_something:

Enerchi, send some of that sunshine my way. I'm starting to think I should put the christmas tree back up. :knockout:

VRBeauty, I would have had to ask her about them at the coffee break. They sound fab!

Congrats to our resident smartypants JustGinger! :read: :appl:

_5971.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1367376599|3437926 said:
Circe, this is for you.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4051

iLander, yay gardenias! I love them too, so fragrant.

Good luck Zoe! :appl:

Woo-hoo Princess! :appl:

TooPatient, that sucks. He could have said 'eat some fruit' just as easily. Dumb.

Sarahbear, I don't know what a LAS is, but it must be good!

Rosetta, cold sucks. It is snowing here, so lets commiserate together. I suggest a little light bling shopping. :Up_to_something:

Enerchi, send some of that sunshine my way. I'm starting to think I should put the christmas tree back up. :knockout:

VRBeauty, I would have had to ask her about them at the coffee break. They sound fab!

Congrats to our resident smartypants JustGinger! :read: :appl:

Hahaha, Incubator. And Minions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results