shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My computer isn''t working so I''m using my kids'' really old one. All the images on screen are distorted so everyone with a round diamond now has an oval one! lol

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Smurfy! That''s great news.

My kids (first grade students) were HIGH as kites this afternoon because of our our Valentine''s Day party. The funny thing is that they each got ONE little cookie, so it''s not like they had eaten a ton of sugar. I was wiped after school got out.
9.gif

It''s SNOWING (for real, not just a flurry) here in southern NC. I''m so excited -- I''m almost giddy!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooo bummed....I was suppose to fly to Seattle today to see FI for V-day weekend since it''s a long weekend, but my flight got canceled and now I''m not going anymore....

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got a little carried away at the Calico Corners Outlet store... where I was able to use a 25% coupon on top of their in-store discount for some stuff and some crazy low prices... but it still adds up!

$6.00 a yard for some gorgeous, substantial, 100% linen in a beautiful bright red! Two years ago was absolutely lusting over (among other things) the pure linen kitchen towels in the apartment we stayed in during our vacation in Paris. I finally get to have some for my kitchen!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Our dinner plans at some friend''s house was cancelled due to the weather. Some other friends were headed to the brew pub in the town where we live so we met them there. At 415. We ended up hitting two other restaurants after that. A Spanish tapas restaurant to try it out a bit and then the local pub in the village a few blocks from our house. We did an unintentional pub crawl or sorts and it was great! And I''m home at 830. Not that a late night would have been a bad thing, but it''s cold and the melting snow is re-freezing.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 4:13:49 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
I''m sooo bummed....I was suppose to fly to Seattle today to see FI for V-day weekend since it''s a long weekend, but my flight got canceled and now I''m not going anymore....
Sorry your plans had to be cancelled, Luckyeshe! Hope you and your FI can reschedule soon.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 8:51:54 PM
Author: MC

Date: 2/13/2010 4:13:49 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Sorry your plans had to be cancelled, Luckyeshe! Hope you and your FI can reschedule soon.
Thanks, MC. He''s gonna come down here instead in March, but this would have been our first V-day together and we were so looking forward to it. This should get him to speed up finishing his doctorate since we don''t want to be going thru this after we''re married....

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are meeting up with another married couple friends of ours to go bowling today. They just found out they were pregnant so I can''t wait to hear all about it
36.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m lazy, cranky, and bored. I need to clean the house, I should have gone to practice, I should go to Zumba....but I''m stuck on my couch watching Clueless in my PJs.

April20

Ideal_Rock
The new season of The Amazing Race starts tonight. I am so excited. I love to travel vicariously thru it. Is anyone else watching?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I just saw the preview for the show, and realized that I used to work for the creepy manager at Hooters on Undercover Boss!!!
23.gif

My dad and DH think that this is hilarious...
11.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2010 9:17:19 PM
Author: meresal
I just saw the preview for the show, and realized that I used to work for the creepy manager at Hooters on Undercover Boss!!!
23.gif

11.gif

OMG Mere was he this bad when you worked for him? I just told FI that I don''t think I would last a day working for someone like Jimbo.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanto to say: Cold weather is the pitts. The older I get, the more I hate it. We''ve had snow and below freezing temps and I''ve stayed in the house for over a week {except my Valentines dinner earlier tonite}. Spring can''t come fast enough.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2010 9:31:00 PM
Author: stephbolt

Date: 2/14/2010 9:17:19 PM
23.gif

11.gif

OMG Mere was he this bad when you worked for him? I just told FI that I don''t think I would last a day working for someone like Jimbo.
There were managers who respect the job as a regular "restaurant manager" and then there were those like "Jimbo". He is a manager there, just to say he is a "Manager of Hooters". He hasn''t changed, but luckily he was only the assistant at my store (2003-2004), and only a handful of times was he the only manager on shift. Guess he moved up...

Total creep though.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I drank an entire bottle of champagne tonight. By myself.

I don''t feel the least bit guilty. Especially since I also cooked a kick a$$ dinner for my husband and I, including shrimp cocktail as an appetizer...yum!

I''m super upset with a vendor I''ve been trying to deal with. It''s been 5 days since I''ve heard from them, AGAIN.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
This is BS.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 7:27:07 AM
Author: swedish bean
I'm super upset with a vendor I've been trying to deal with. It's been 5 days since I've heard from them, AGAIN.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
This is BS.
Are you not hearing from them on weekends? If it's been 5 days, then that means you wrote them on Thursday(???). I would imagine that is pretty standard across the entire wedding industry. It can be very annoying not to have your questions answered, but wedding vendors typically work almost every weekend, and once your day comes, you are going to want all of their attention on your day and the few leading up.

Maybe try and send an email or call Monday/Tuesday mornings to ask your questions? You might have a better chance that they have time to respond.
5.gif

If that isn't the case, then I am very sorry you are having to deal with this.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 7:56:31 PM
Author: MC
My computer isn''t working so I''m using my kids'' really old one. All the images on screen are distorted so everyone with a round diamond now has an oval one! lol

There''s nothing wrong with that, ovals are awesome
3.gif

Date: 2/15/2010 10:18:52 AM
Date: 2/15/2010 7:27:07 AM

Author: swedish bean

I''m super upset with a vendor I''ve been trying to deal with. It''s been 5 days since I''ve heard from them, AGAIN.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
This is BS.
Are you not hearing from them on weekends? If it''s been 5 days, then that means you wrote them on Thursday(???). I would imagine that is pretty standard across the entire wedding industry. It can be very annoying not to have your questions answered, but wedding vendors typically work almost every weekend, and once your day comes, you are going to want all of their attention on your day and the few leading up.

Maybe try and send an email or call Monday/Tuesday mornings to ask your questions? You might have a better chance that they have time to respond.

5.gif

If that isn''t the case, then I am very sorry you are having to deal with this.

11.gif
A diamond dealer

I''m just having all sorts of problems with them... too many that I''ve started inquiring with someone else
5.gif
I decided it''s not worth it to get upset over. lol

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I soooo should not be eating these two slices of pizza.

I had a coworker point out today that the swimsuits are out at Target already. I glared at hime and said, "E, I''m a bear. I''m hairy, fat, and not used to the sun. Do you think bears really want to hear about swimsuits, or do they want to be happy, fat, and sleeping right now? I''m a BEAR!"

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''m ready for spring.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Me, too April... They''re calling for more snow tonight
14.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I really miss warm toes.... can I have them back now?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m so tired of unwarranted advice. If I want to know your opinion I''ll ask it; but if you force it on me you''re just asking for trouble...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
ZacBrownBand asked to follow me on Twitter..... it made me feel pretty cool.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to clean the house but I can''t get myself to do it. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m watching the Hayley Mills version of The Parent Trap and it makes me sad that most people my age think the Lindsay Lohan version is the original.
8.gif
This version is so much better!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 5:14:01 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I''m watching the Hayley Mills version of The Parent Trap and it makes me sad that most people my age think the Lindsay Lohan version is the original.
8.gif
This version is so much better!

I love the original version too!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
20 minutes late is just bad for a pizza company that is literally 3 blocks away. we ordered through them to avoid other pizza company that kept screwing up...guess we will switch to a local place and hope they dont screw up either

eta: 20 mins late has now turned to 70 minutes after I originally ordered and we have company coming in 20 minutes...what are we supposed to do? eat in front of them? we only got enough for DH and I to eat, ugh

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 2:50:33 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
I''m so tired of unwarranted advice. If I want to know your opinion I''ll ask it; but if you force it on me you''re just asking for trouble...

Well Smurfy, what I would do in your situation is..." hehehe I kid, I kid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results