Date: 12/15/2009 2:24:25 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 12/15/2009 2:14:18 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

Date: 12/15/2009 2:11:35 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 1:37:03 PM
Author: elledizzy5
No boots that can keep your feet warm and dry are cute. Fact.
I beg to differ. And they''re on QVC''s site for $60ish right now -- though only in size 5 or 6 I think.
Those don''t look too warm.
They make fleece liners that snug ''em up a bit. Sadly my calves are too beefy for a pair right now -- so I got my sister some instead.
3.gif
Oooo, now I can live with that! Although, I have a hard time finding knee high boots because of my own beefy calves
3.gif
so they might not even fit me
15.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I would really like a Chocolate fudge sundae right now. Odd, because it''s 36 degrees outside..

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
"No parking" signs don''t apply to people who wish to visit the fish and chip shop in my village, apparently.

I had not looked closely and did not realise that the sign actually says "no parking, waiting or loading at any time, unless you are just popping in to buy deep fried fish, then it will be ok and not inconvenient at all to the people who have to wait for you to get your meal before they can drive to their actual home".

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
The fish and chips are very, very nice though.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 3:35:55 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 2:24:25 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 2:14:18 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 2:11:35 PM

Date: 12/15/2009 1:37:03 PM
Author: elledizzy5
No boots that can keep your feet warm and dry are cute. Fact.
I beg to differ. And they''re on QVC''s site for $60ish right now -- though only in size 5 or 6 I think.
Those don''t look too warm.
They make fleece liners that snug ''em up a bit. Sadly my calves are too beefy for a pair right now -- so I got my sister some instead.
3.gif
Oooo, now I can live with that! Although, I have a hard time finding knee high boots because of my own beefy calves
3.gif
so they might not even fit me
15.gif
I don''t really see how rain boots are any ''cuter'' than Uggs - are they just trendy right now or something? They are both kind of ugly, imo. The whole point is that they serve a purpose - keep feet warm/dry - and can be kind-of-cute at the same time. Judging by the department stores pushing Uggs at $150-$200 a pop, they aren''t going anywhere soon. If only they were cheaper.
40.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bia,

Personally I like the "riding boot" styling of the Hunter Boots better than the lumpy clunky smooshy Uggs. That said, I own three different styles of Uggs & rarely take them off in the winter (except for slippers) -- I *long* for the Hunters! Is there calf-only lipo available? (With ring fingers thrown in for good measure
31.gif
)

I did notice that Uggs has some sleeker leather styles this season -- a bit more stylish/less lumpy -- but I can't really justify the $$$ until I wear these suckers into the ground. The only time I've let go of a pair of Uggs was when the shoe repair shop they were in WENT OUT OF BIZ. Oh comfy chocolate brown suede boots - I miss you so.

ETA:

Why Sister Dee, what small FEET you have! I'll gladly trade you some teensy silver clompers for a giant platinum Brick!
3.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why oh WHY did I install that hardware that wiped my laptop clean? Sniff....I miss my laptop.
39.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 4:05:00 PM
Bia,

Personally I like the ''riding boot'' styling of the Hunter Boots better than the lumpy clunky smooshy Uggs. That said, I own three different styles of Uggs & rarely take them off in the winter (except for slippers) -- I *long* for the Hunters! Is there calf-only lipo available? (With ring fingers thrown in for good measure
31.gif
)

I did notice that Uggs has some sleeker leather styles this season -- a bit more stylish/less lumpy -- but I can''t really justify the $$$ until I wear these suckers into the ground. The only time I''ve let go of a pair of Uggs was when the shoe repair shop they were in WENT OUT OF BIZ. Oh comfy chocolate brown suede boots - I miss you so.

ETA:

Why Sister Dee, what small FEET you have! I''ll gladly trade you some teensy silver clompers for a giant platinum Brick!
3.gif
I noticed this too! But you''re right, the price stays the same
20.gif
11.gif
I wear mine into the ground lol, so I guess they are worth it. In fact, I need a new pair but I am waiting for a sale...too bad they are never ON sale. I might not take the plunge but if it stays this cold out, I''ll have little choice.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 11:28:16 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I want the roofers out of here gosh darn it....
11.gif
Yes it''s almost a month.... I have complained till the cows come home.

BTW, do the cows ever come home, LMAO???
31.gif
34.gif
Kaleigh, I was thinking of your today when I saw that a house just down the block from me is being re-roofed. I''ll keep track of how many days it takes them to finish the job (They started Monday). Temperatures have been low here and yet those guys are up doing their thing.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why Sister Dee, what small FEET you have! I'll gladly trade you some teensy silver clompers for a giant platinum Brick!
3.gif
Sister Deco, when that north wind is blowing through the middle of Chi-town all winter long those booties will do me a lot more good than the brick will! BRRRRRRRR!!!!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Bia,

Personally I like the ''riding boot'' styling of the Hunter Boots better than the lumpy clunky smooshy Uggs. That said, I own three different styles of Uggs & rarely take them off in the winter (except for slippers) -- I *long* for the Hunters! Is there calf-only lipo available? (With ring fingers thrown in for good measure
31.gif
)

I did notice that Uggs has some sleeker leather styles this season -- a bit more stylish/less lumpy -- but I can''t really justify the $$$ until I wear these suckers into the ground. The only time I''ve let go of a pair of Uggs was when the shoe repair shop they were in WENT OUT OF BIZ. Oh comfy chocolate brown suede boots - I miss you so.

ETA:

Why Sister Dee, what small FEET you have! I''ll gladly trade you some teensy silver clompers for a giant platinum Brick!
3.gif
This...the foot part of the Uggs just looks like an out-of-shape clump! I guess I don''t really like clunk!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sick of studying. I'd say that Food & Drug Law can just bite my booty but I kinda want to work for the FDA someday...so unfortunately I have to do well on this exam. Rats.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 7:30:53 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
A new study says that drinking concord grape juice every day improves a person''s memory.
What about wine made from concord grapes? I''ll go test the theory out with a bottle of wine. I''ll post the results in the morning if I remember.

I just tallied up my kids'' gifts and one is getting more than the other. Ugh. (Maybe I should just rewrap up all the gifts we got for them last year that they never ended up playing with. They don''t drink grape juice so they won''t remember.)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:25:45 AM
Why do cats do the things they do?
Because cats are pure evil in fluffy little outfits. We shaved half of our cat's fur off, so now she's only 50% naughty.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 11:40:42 AM
Author: jcrow
Date: 12/15/2009 8:54:01 AM

Author: tlh

I took a bite out of my tongue while eating my huge honeycrisp apple. Now my tongue swells into my molars reminding me that they are sharp!

that stinks! but, man, those honeycrisp apples are the BEST.

... I like the word ''crisp''. It reminds me of Fall, and is oddly satisfying to say
1.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My husband used his little Mazda car with over 300,000 miles on it to pull a 4 wheel drive Trail Blazer out of a snowbanked ditch at 2am on his way home from work. I think that''s hot.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 4:16:22 PM
Author: MC

Date: 12/14/2009 11:28:16 PM
I want the roofers out of here gosh darn it....
11.gif
Yes it''s almost a month.... I have complained till the cows come home.

BTW, do the cows ever come home, LMAO???
31.gif
34.gif
Kaleigh, I was thinking of your today when I saw that a house just down the block from me is being re-roofed. I''ll keep track of how many days it takes them to finish the job (They started Monday). Temperatures have been low here and yet those guys are up doing their thing.
Yes please do. Asphalt can be done a lot quicker.. But will say in the roofers defense, three layers had to be removed. One that was pine, and then 2 layers of asphalt. PINE?? Who does pine??

My doggies smell so clean and look so cute after getting back from the groomers.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I hate when people suggest they can offer more than 100 per cent. The clue is right there folks, ''per cent''.....

It bugs me 150% ------>
38.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 4:39:45 PM

Yes please do. Asphalt can be done a lot quicker.. But will say in the roofers defense, three layers had to be removed. One that was pine, and then 2 layers of asphalt. PINE?? Who does pine??

My doggies smell so clean and look so cute after getting back from the groomers.
I don't know anything about roofs and will have to just try and eye what they're doing. All the houses here were build around 20 years ago and are shake. A neighbor was trying to explain to me why it cost $15K to do her roof. They have to add extra materials on or something like that. I would look it up but don't want to freak myself out since our roof needs to be updated and we're renting and I fear our landlord won't want to fork out the cash for it.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I wish chocolate was healthier.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 4:24:19 PM

Because cats are pure evil in fluffy little outfits. We shaved half of our cat''s fur off, so now she''s only 50% naughty.

Ha, when the vet had to shave a patch of fur off my cat''s neck for some tests, I swear he got MORE evil. He downright hated us until the fur started to grow back in.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
It bothers me when people press an already pressed elevator button. And then it bothers me that it bothers me because I usually stand behind the person going
38.gif
20.gif
29.gif
33.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I miss riding in elevators. My college roommate and I used to have fun in them by opening our purses and talking to an imaginary little being that resided in there.
9.gif
We liked watching the other riders'' faces when we did that.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 5:00:52 PM
Author: Haven
I miss riding in elevators. My college roommate and I used to have fun in them by opening our purses and talking to an imaginary little being that resided in there.
9.gif
We liked watching the other riders'' faces when we did that.
LOL!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 4:55:31 PM
Author: Octavia

Date: 12/15/2009 4:24:19 PM

Because cats are pure evil in fluffy little outfits. We shaved half of our cat's fur off, so now she's only 50% naughty.

Ha, when the vet had to shave a patch of fur off my cat's neck for some tests, I swear he got MORE evil. He downright hated us until the fur started to grow back in.
Mine is just a bratty cat - NOT the sweet kitty in my avatar. It's my other cat. The one who's eyes glow red when the lights are turned off.

She's really old - over 16 years and has long hair. Some of it morphed into dreadlocks, so after DH shaved her, she has established a bit of a poodle look.
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Dear weather gods,
If I go grocery shopping tonight will you snow me in so that I can''t get out of my house for three days?
Thank you kindly

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 3:51:48 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
The fish and chips are very, very nice though.
I miss fish-n-chips. Esp. the really greasy stuff wrapped up in fake 1800 newspaper by the Auckland wharf...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I did NOT know that making apple butter for holiday gifts would be such a complicated process, the recipe looks so simple!
38.gif

I've got three crockpots with different stages of goo in them going, and the cats are wayy too interested in them. Ugh.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 4:19:23 PM
the foot part of the Uggs just looks like an out-of-shape clump! I guess I don't really like clunk!
You should check out these or these or these. Still Uggs -- but lower on "clunk"/higher in $$
3.gif

ETA: Of course I only know this because they and the Anthropologie folks have been sending me an email a day for the entire Xmas season. And, somehow, day after day I'm always clicking on the "what's new" button and oogling up stuff. Not *buying* stuff, mind you. But oogling up the waZZZooo!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 5:14:48 PM
Author: yssie
And I did NOT know that making apple butter for holiday gifts would be such a complicated process, the recipe looks so simple!
38.gif

I''ve got three crockpots with different stages of goo in them going, and the cats are wayy too interested in them. Ugh.
Mmmmm. Recipe, please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results