carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 7:42:53 PM
Author: April20
National Treasure is on. It''s seriously one of my favorite movies. It''s one of those movies that I can''t turn off it I find it on. Poor DH. He gets stuck watching it with me every time.

Mine too! I love movies and books about treasure hunting!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I just want to say that the people in this forum are absolutely awesome! I'm glad to be part of this community!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2010 10:47:16 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
I got a promotion at work!!! Just had to share!!!
Congratulations to you!!
emthup.gif
That''s great!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes my stomach gets this empty feeling, and I can''t tell if I am hungry, or satisfied...
40.gif
it happens not long after I eat, so it makes it really difficult to tell if I didn''t eat enough.

*sigh*

maybe I will have a glass of metamucil...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 7:42:53 PM
Author: April20
National Treasure is on. It''s seriously one of my favorite movies. It''s one of those movies that I can''t turn off it I find it on. Poor DH. He gets stuck watching it with me every time.
Next time it''s on, go ahead and give me a buzz. you and my husband can watch it together. it''s his all-time favorite movie!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 2:16:52 PM
Author: trillionaire
Sometimes my stomach gets this empty feeling, and I can''t tell if I am hungry, or satisfied...
40.gif
it happens not long after I eat, so it makes it really difficult to tell if I didn''t eat enough.

*sigh*

same thing happens to me! an hour after i ate lunch, i''m hungry, but i know i ate a decent meal. ugh.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2010 10:21:53 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 3/11/2010 10:08:02 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl

Date: 3/11/2010 9:26:57 AM
I finally signed up to give blood. I''m a little nervous, but oh well. It''ll be worth it.

Also, I think I''m going to sign up for a triathlon.
Good for you, on both counts! I just signed up for a mini-tri..it is in July...
32.gif
I better get on it....
I''m thinking about signing up for a sprint tri, but it''s in October, and that seems so far away. I''d like to do one sooner - maybe June? I just don''t want to lose my motivation, KWIM?
Totally!! I would think of the October one as something that you can work towards. I have the swimming ( I was a synchronized swimmer growing up...no judgement
2.gif
) and the cycling down, it is just the running thing. LOL, I have been training for about a year now to get my running up. I have HORRIBLE shin splints and to be blunt, I only used to run when my life was in danger. This is a HUGE thing for me to prove to myself that I can do anything I put my mind to. So, I say, do it and use October as the goal towards the end of getting yourself ready.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i got my hair cut into a cute little sassy angled bob last night. it''s also a lot blonder than usual, so i''m feeling pretty darn sexy right now
31.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 2:31:15 PM
Author: charbie
i got my hair cut into a cute little sassy angled bob last night. it''s also a lot blonder than usual, so i''m feeling pretty darn sexy right now
31.gif
I love bob hair cuts. I need to get mine cut, and am thinking about the bob again (had one last summer). Any pics you''d care to share?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 2:30:59 PM

I finally signed up to give blood. I''m a little nervous, but oh well. It''ll be worth it.

32.gif
I better get on it....
I''m thinking about signing up for a sprint tri, but it''s in October, and that seems so far away. I''d like to do one sooner - maybe June? I just don''t want to lose my motivation, KWIM?
Totally!! I would think of the October one as something that you can work towards. I have the swimming ( I was a synchronized swimmer growing up...no judgement
2.gif
) and the cycling down, it is just the running thing. LOL, I have been training for about a year now to get my running up. I have HORRIBLE shin splints and to be blunt, I only used to run when my life was in danger. This is a HUGE thing for me to prove to myself that I can do anything I put my mind to. So, I say, do it and use October as the goal towards the end of getting yourself ready.
Have you tried a supplement for potassium, or even a daily banana? I used to get shin splits, but a banana worked for me.

I''m the opposite; I''ve got the running and biking down, but swimming...oof!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 2:47:23 PM
Author: BeachRunner

32.gif
I better get on it....
2.gif
Have you tried a supplement for potassium, or even a daily banana? I used to get shin splits, but a banana worked for me.

I''ll keep the banana in mind for my shin splits. Innnnnteresting.

I''ve got the running down (3 miles is nothing), but swimming and biking aren''t my strong suits. I think I''m signing up for both and my goal for June will be to finish and then I can try to improve for the October one.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 4:21:06 PM

32.gif
I better get on it....
2.gif

I''ve got the running down (3 miles is nothing), but swimming and biking aren''t my strong suits. I think I''m signing up for both and my goal for June will be to finish and then I can try to improve for the October one.
Also, be sure to train for the switch between biking and running. It takes awhile for your muscles to get adjusted from the motion of biking to running, and feels like your legs are super heavy for awhile. There are some tips out there, but can''t seem to find the article I read.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2010 4:30:40 PM

Date: 3/11/2010 4:21:06 PM

32.gif
I better get on it....
2.gif

Also, be sure to train for the switch between biking and running. It takes awhile for your muscles to get adjusted from the motion of biking to running, and feels like your legs are super heavy for awhile. There are some tips out there, but can''t seem to find the article I read.
I have been doing a lot of different things that my nutritionist and trainer have recommended. I haven''t heard of the banana but I will try. They aren''t really the front of my shins, it is more up the side and feels like my legs are being chopped in half. I have been doing a lot of foot raises? I put a weight on the top of my foot and raise the foot up and down, that has been helping a lot. Also, wine helps when they are really bad...
11.gif

I have just gotten to 3 miles and it honestly is all I can do to keep going. I could swim all day long and I get into my head when I ride. For some reason, it is hard for me to get into the running...sigh.
7.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 2:29:40 PM
Author: charbie
Date: 3/11/2010 2:16:52 PM

Sometimes my stomach gets this empty feeling, and I can't tell if I am hungry, or satisfied...
40.gif
it happens not long after I eat, so it makes it really difficult to tell if I didn't eat enough.

*sigh*

same thing happens to me! an hour after i ate lunch, i'm hungry, but i know i ate a decent meal. ugh.

This could be indigestion. Next time try a few tums and wait 20 minutes. If you're still hungry, eat something.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband just called from work and said there''s a GTG for a forum he posts at, and he wants to spend the day there w/a friend of ours, and would I mind? I just laughed and said Honey, I''m working on a 3 stone ring and emailing a cutter about the center stone at the moment-you go right ahead! Ha, let me buy gems and have rings made and you can do whatever you like. Fair trade I think!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s nothing like the taste and smell of a great cup of fresh coffee in the morning........
1.gif
Those first few sips are heaven.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I drove into work early today, so that I can leave at 11, and...

I am sooooo glad I did!! The sky is completely clear and there was the most gorgeous sunrise!! (Since the time changes this weekend, I would have to leave at 5AM over the next montin order to see that while driving into work.)

It''s going to be a great weekend!
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
after almost 2 months in Australia, i leave to return to the US in just 4 more days.

i'm so looking forward to going home and seeing tim and the dogs, but i'm going to be so sad to leave...

this has been a fabulous vacation.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
My OEC finally made it to BGD (Stupid registered mail....) and my Husband gave the a-ok for a new show horse! Yippee
9.gif
Its going to be fun shopping for another 4 legged partner in crime. Despite the rain, it''s turning into a nice little Friday!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate phonebooks. I think they should stop printing them--they are a nuisance and take up way too much space in my desk drawer, and landfills. With the internet and 411 what the heck do we still need phone books for?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Since we won''t be having a "real" wedding, I really would like a total Tacori reset. I don''t know how to tell FI this. I told him last night that I want to splurge on our wedding bands but if I''m being honest, I''d really like to reset my diamond too
emembarrassed.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
My home office is a disasterous mess. Horrifying really. I''ve never been a "clean desk" person, but this has gotten bad. Must.clean.out.today.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the random comment thread. Its like a tiny snapshot in time of many different PSers'' "now" & no expectation for you to respond in any way. Its like Window PSing. When you need a break from dozens of similar replies, (pretty! love it! --or-- no way! that cad!): THIS IS YOUR PLACE.

Who knew bananas helped prevent shin splints? I''d never be on a thread where that is discussed. Yet now I know. Genius!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Pretty sure I''m pulling the trigger and signing up for the tri after lunch.
32.gif
23.gif
26.gif
36.gif

Also, I got called "athletic" the other day for the first time in years. I still can''t think of myself that way, even though I can acknowledge that technically it''s probably true.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 10:50:44 AM
Author: decodelighted
I love the random comment thread. Its like a tiny snapshot in time of many different PSers'' ''now'' & no expectation for you to respond in any way. Its like Window PSing. When you need a break from dozens of similar replies, (pretty! love it! --or-- no way! that cad!): THIS IS YOUR PLACE.

Who knew bananas helped prevent shin splints? I''d never be on a thread where that is discussed. Yet now I know. Genius!

Bananas also help with leg cramps.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Angry guys with thick Scottish accents shouldn''t make me giggle, but they do.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I''m eating a huge bowl of salad, a glass of green tea, and a cup of coffee for lunch. If I need a dessert, I have a clementine and a few cocoa roasted almonds. I really want to get the the gym today, but I have a bunch of work to do with a Sunday deadline, so I''m trying to just eat really clean instead.

I wish I had this level of discipline everyday.

I guess I could work out at home at some point today. We will see. Spring makes me want to shed this ''winter'' weight.

I am also dying to do a Tri, but I need to get conditioned first... and I can''t afford those fancy bikes, lol! I told my friend I was going to do one on a Huffy from Walmart!
3.gif
I don''t want to win, I just want to finish
2.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sis''s wedding is on the 26th. I''m MOH and I''ll look like I walked out of the movie Stayin'' Alive, but pregnant. I''ve had a dream that I''m expected to do a Solid Gold dance routine. Maybe I''ll just look like a **** star who was REALLY good at her job....

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 12:05:25 PM
I''m eating a huge bowl of salad, a glass of green tea, and a cup of coffee for lunch. If I need a dessert, I have a clementine and a few cocoa roasted almonds. I really want to get the the gym today, but I have a bunch of work to do with a Sunday deadline, so I''m trying to just eat really clean instead.

I wish I had this level of discipline everyday.

I guess I could work out at home at some point today. We will see. Spring makes me want to shed this ''winter'' weight.

I am also dying to do a Tri, but I need to get conditioned first... and I can''t afford those fancy bikes, lol! I told my friend I was going to do one on a Huffy from Walmart!
3.gif
I don''t want to win, I just want to finish
2.gif
I got a road bike on CL for $40! Check for deals, they''re out there. I''m with you on just wanting to finish. I''m a little intimidated, but it''ll be fine. When are you thinking of doing one?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results