color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1485015695|4117480 said:
chemgirl|1484939605|4116981 said:
Livid right now. There are pastries in the kitchen at work and a male coworker asked me how many I've had today. I said just the one and pointed to the pastry I was eating. His response???? "Good girl!"

Wtf

Seriously?!? That man should be in the ICU right now recovering from the damage you inflicted on him -- you are a good woman for restraining yourself and not beating him half to death. Completely unacceptable!

I'd tell him he could do with a little less pastry indulging as that pot belly he has is quite unattractive. But then again no amount of being in shape would improve his personality so never mind. :knockout:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Livid right now. There are pastries in the kitchen at work and a male coworker asked me how many I've had today. I said just the one and pointed to the pastry I was eating. His response???? "Good girl!"

Wtf

While I usually don't resort to name calling there are times where it "may" be warranted. In short, your colleague is a pig. :errrr:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1484689712|4116063 said:
Thank you all very much. He has not called me yet and the waiting is just terrible.

Red, I hope you have good news to share.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it has sort of worked out. His and 12 other jobs were eliminated but they were given 12 months at current pay to find another position or go elsewhere. It could have been much worse. Thank you for asking. I remain positive.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I always appreciate your positive attitude on here, red! I truly enjoy reading your posts. I wish you and your husband the best and I hope that his job search goes well =)

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I wish for higher standards and better judgement.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Chasing away people who unwittingly have evil in their hearts only hardens the position of evil. You must engage them in reason, without personal attack, and let the falsity of the foundation of their belief naturally be revealed to them so that they may own their new conviction more strongly than the falsehood they inherited.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1485060214|4117932 said:
Chasing away people who unwittingly have evil in their hearts only hardens the position of evil. You must engage them in reason, without personal attack, and let the falsity of the foundation of their belief naturally be revealed to them so that they may own their new conviction more strongly than the falsehood they inherited.

That sounds like a quotation, VL. It has, to me, the sound of the eighteenth century, The Age of Reason, although I know absolutely nothing about philosophy. Who wrote it? Or was it your own thinking?

Deb

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am in a bad place right now and reading something into what you are writing. Is the evil in my heart unwittingly?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1485060793|4117937 said:

I am in a bad place right now and reading something into what you are writing. Is the evil in my heart unwittingly?

I would think not, red. That never occurred to me. You have endured enough tonight.

Deb

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I guess I am just so 300 years ago, as it is not a quotation, but rather something I wrote for the occasion.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1485061122|4117942 said:
I guess I am just so 300 years ago, as it is not a quotation, but rather something I wrote for the occasion.

I'll take that as a yes then.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It is not specifically to you Red. I intended it as a rule that everyone should apply, always, to everyone.
I understand that this evening you are especially sensitive to personal attacks. I will not attack you personally, even when I disagree with you intellectually.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1485061460|4117946 said:
It is not specifically to you Red. I intended it as a rule that everyone should apply, always, to everyone.
I understand that this evening you are especially sensitive to personal attacks. I will not attack you personally, even when I disagree with you intellectually.

Thank you for clarifying. However if it is a rule that everyone should apply then the evil is in the eye of the beholder. If that is so then it is not evil, it is an opinion rather than a moral application of what society deems evil.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
What society deems evil is no less an opinion. Opinion earns no validity to fact by the numbers who subscribe to it. Evil, as a construct, is subjective. As weighty as that may loom, we can each of us endeavor always to be a little better to each other.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Actually, it does sound very eighteenth century and I do not agree with it at all. I think you are very intelligent and that you write beautifully. I also think that you can be very wise about human behavior at times. Often you seem to be more aware than others are that people on the forum are slipping into intemperate behavior when it is not necessary for them to do so. In this case, I think you are failing to apply any of the insights of twentieth century psychology to the issue. I do not wish to attempt to analyze it on the screen myself, but if were to do so, it would be in terms of the posters' emotions rather than their reasoning.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Just because it is 18th C sounding to you does not mean it is disagreeable.
I am only trying to put some distance from the personal, which includes the emotional, between the discussion(s) and those partaking in the discussion(s). I don't think the details of my 20th C. psychoanalysis come into play.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1485062323|4117953 said:

Actually, it does sound very eighteenth century and I do not agree with it at all. I think you are very intelligent and that you write beautifully. I also think that you can be very wise about human behavior at times. Often you seem to be more aware than others are that people on the forum are slipping into intemperate behavior when it is not necessary for them to do so. In this case, I think you are failing to apply any of the insights of twentieth century psychology to the issue. I do not wish to attempt to analyze it on the screen myself, but if were to do so, it would be in terms of the posters' emotions rather than their reasoning.

You can separate the two...?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm distressed after reading some of the discourse in another thread but decided against commenting about those specific comments for several reasons. But I am sorry for everyone involved in that conversation because in the heat of the moment terrible things were said.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
missy|1485015988|4117481 said:
Dee*Jay|1485015695|4117480 said:

Wtf

Seriously?!? That man should be in the ICU right now recovering from the damage you inflicted on him -- you are a good woman for restraining yourself and not beating him half to death. Completely unacceptable!

I'd tell him he could do with a little less pastry indulging as that pot belly he has is quite unattractive. But then again no amount of being in shape would improve his personality so never mind. :knockout:

Ugh I did tell him I could eat 50 and it would be none of his business.

He's a body builder in his spare time with competitions and photo shoots etc. So no pot belly there. Very vain and seems to think people want his advice on everything fitness.

Our workplace put together a team for a charity race last fall and everyone was taking bets on who would post the best time. I run around 30 miles per week and often train for distance events. So while I'm not fast and firmly middle of the pack when I'm a competitive setting, I totally destroyed his time. Ever since he has been bothering me about fitness and training and nutrition. He always gets little digs in like my long runs are "more of a jog" etc. He is getting on my nerves lol.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1484924106|4116874 said:
Kelinas|1484703978|4116116 said:
Just found out an hour ago that the VA has deemed my father is NOT eligible for care at the VA.

This comes one year after we've registered him for care.

They state that he makes too much money - he makes retirement and Social Security.
Why didn't they catch this earlier? We didn't lie about is annual income. I didn't realize that they needed to know what his annual income was before taxes. They never asked me to specify.
He's over the threshold by almost 20k per year.

They made the mistake and put him in category 5 when he should be in either 6 or 7.
I don't mind having to pay co-pays. It just really infuriates me that they are demanding a years worth of copays even though they messed up.
My dad spent 27 years in Active Duty and did 2 tours in Vietnam.
I just don't understand why the VA feels a veteran doesn't deserve healthcare.
:rolleyes:

So my Dad was in the Air Force for 34 years. This is the way he explained it to me. He said everyone is eligible but you are put in to
different categories depending on time spent in the service, injuries, war veteran, rank, etc...He said that a lot of people are so far
down on the list to get service that it is not worth their time to use Veterans service. Like you may not be able to get an appointment
for a LONG time. Sounds like there may be some misunderstanding with your Dad. Sounds like your Dad put in his time and should
be eligible. My Dad has used Veterans service but mostly he just uses his own doctors/insurance. I think you need to get more
detail from your Dad or maybe more clarification.

Funny story...or not so funny story :rolleyes: . So my Dad has bad hearing...spent to much time around jets on the runway.
He called the Veterans Hospital where he had been to once before. It just so happens that the Veterans Hospital is just north
of where my parents live. So my Dad tells him he needs an appointment to have his hearing check...the guy/operator tells him
that "you are not coming up here"...remember the hospital is just north of my parents. My Dad thought he was being refused service
and asked to speak to a manager. Come to find out the guy/operator was trying to say was that "you are not coming up" ON THE
COMPUTER...the guy could not locate my Dad in the computer but he only stated that "you are not coming up here". So...big
misunderstanding on what was going on. My Dad was really frustrated with the whole mess...sounds like your Dad may have
gotten some mixed/bad info (lets hope). I would double check and ask to see things in writing.
Not in this case. My 82 year old father lives with me in my home. I take him to all of his appointments. I am the one who signed him up for the VA.
According to the VA guidelines, my father is eligible for category 6 due to 2 tours to Vietnam during the war.
We have set up an appointment with Compensation and Disability to gauge whether he can get better care due to Agent Orange (he is relatively healthy but many of his illnesses can be linked to the chemical)

They made the initial mistake and the veterans advocate got real snarky and mean when I asked him how it was fair for my father to be punished for the VA's clerical error.
"Life isn't fair buttercup, you need to learn to deal with it"

Call me butter cup again, and I will do everything in my power to get you sacked
I understand that shit happens. Talking down to me does nothing but aggravate me.
After leaving his office angry and with no answers, I finally was able to sit down and talk to the patient advocate who has pointed me in the correct direction. He insists that this happens all the time, and to call the office and explain (calmly) what the situation is. He is confident that this will get cleared up soon.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the spirit of random comments I would like to say that I just got the best haircut of my life!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1485555523|4120850 said:
In the spirit of random comments I would like to say that I just got the best haircut of my life!

How wonderful!! A great haircut makes a big difference and the best haircut of your life is a game changer!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainwood|1485555909|4120855 said:

How wonderful!! A great haircut makes a big difference and the best haircut of your life is a game changer!!!!

It does indeed! A big, huge THUMBS UP! :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1485556612|4120868 said:

No small thing. :appl:

FWIW, I just returned to my "barber" and got superb lites and a trim. For 1/3 of what I usually pay and in half the time. :appl: I almost wish I had a beard so I could have one of those hot shaves! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1485566445|4120908 said:
VRBeauty|1485556612|4120868 said:

No small thing. :appl:

FWIW, I just returned to my "barber" and got superb lites and a trim. For 1/3 of what I usually pay and in half the time. :appl: I almost wish I had a beard so I could have one of those hot shaves! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

:naughty:

:devil:

;))

(You know I luvs ya but there was no way the mind of this flaming tart could pass this by and not comment!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rainwood, VR and Sharon!

I had become so depressed after my last several haircuts (even trying different people) that I was on the verge of growing my bob back. A good pixie is hard to come by!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanno, I have to say one of the great things I love about the people in this community is that I can have a conversation about politics, ask questions about shag rugs (get your mind of the gutters girls!), post pictures of my 911, lament on the "empty corners" of The Brick (who's been here long enough to remember THAT trauma/drama?!), randomly express joy over a great haircut, and everything in between, and you all are there for me.

GROUP HUG!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1485567891|4120915 said:

I had become so depressed after my last several haircuts (even trying different people) that I was on the verge of growing my bob back. A good pixie is hard to come by!!!
You rock a pixie?!? Hell to the yes! I love short hair on women, I think it projects confidence and bad-assery.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1485568595|4120919 said:
Dee*Jay|1485567891|4120915 said:

You rock a pixie?!? Hell to the yes! I love short hair on women, I think it projects confidence and bad-assery.

Here's a pic of me with Jon and Vicki of GOG at the last Vegas GTG when I won the gorgeous vintage diamond ring.

jon_and_vicki.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results