shape
carat
color
clarity

Humor in painful situations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
So I feel kind of bad that I''m the only one that thought phoenixgirl''s recounting of her ordeal was meant to be humorous. The vivid and detailed descriptions were worth a smile, but maybe that''s I''m a guy and you know how guys are with stupid physical humor. If phoenixgirl didn''t mean for her recounting of her admittedly traumatic and painful experience to be humorous, then I apologize wholeheartedly.

I do try to find humor in tough situations, so I thought I''d share my "Moving in Diary" that I wrote a couple years back. I built a semi-custom home and the builder was being a pain, so I ended up taking a lot of standard finishes and then ripping everything out the day we closed. All the flooring, bathrooms, etc. The experience was pretty painful, but I did find some humor in the situation.

Hopefully we''ve all managed to occasionally find a bit of humor to help us through a difficult time.

Chief''s moving in diary

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chiefneil, sometimes I think life can be so wonky, the only thing to do is to find humor in it.

I''ll read your journal later, but my guess you need to post the body of it in this thread. Links to personal sites aren''t allowed here...so can you edit and post so I can get back to it later?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neil, your blog is histerical! I''m so sorry you had to go through all of that, but up until now I thought that Fi was the most unlucky man in the world. I think you''re tied. He''s a Project Manager for a construction firm and we''re remodeling our house so I forwarded the link to him.

Glad you made it through your renovations alive.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
you are the man. what a great attitude that you found humor in that mess. i would have been a basketcase. i have reached the age that i live with a lot before i am brave enough to call in the troops for renovations. i hope everything is now in tip top shape and that your family is enjoying the fruits of your patience.
1.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Your moving in diary reminds me of what I went through when we had pavers and pool installed in our new place. I totally get the whole tracking sand into the house (they put this black sand down around my house and had no pavers to install over it
32.gif
, so even though we were really careful about it, we still got lots of sand into the house).

By the way, I quoted you in the Best of PS 2007 thread, hope you don't mind
2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/best-of-ps-2007.73631/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results