shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you clean your house these days?

How often do you clean your house these days?

• Never

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Once a year

• Three times a year

• Four times a year

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Twice a Month

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Weekly

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Daily

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • When people are coming over

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Plus I think people are more likely to lie on this poll than on Kenny's poll.

Cleanliness is next to godliness and no one wants to be ungodly, right?

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
These days? Once a week... on Thursday or Friday to be more specific. Fall = people coming over every weekend to watch football (and/or drink on a weekend night).

Any other time of the year it is less frequent - but always dependent on when people are coming over :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Define what you mean by clean. I vacuum every week at least once a week in NY and once/weekend at the beach. With 4 cats it's really a necessity because OMG they shed like crazy! However, a more thorough cleaning- bathrooms, dusting, mopping etc depends. Sort of when it needs it and when people are coming over.
I answered once/week because of the vacuuming so feel free to disregard my poll answer if that doesn't count. Feels like work to me so that's why I counted it LOL.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
So so so rarely. DH lives out of a suitcase and my tolerance for dirt is high. We don't have kids and MAYBE get company once a year, so I let it go until I feel the need to clean and then do. Bathroom and kitchen I'll clean more often but other stuff? Let's just say if you plan to visit, it would be in your best interest to give about a week's notice.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weekly, usually on Saturday's. If we are having company on Friday night, then I'll do a powder room/quick dust/vacuum/glass cleaning of the main floor on Friday after work, but usually, its saturdays including bathrooms, kitchen, floors... then I sit on my 'laurels' for the rest of the weekend! ;))

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I clean every day - dust, mop the floors, vacuum, clean the bathrooms. Doing it every day means it all stays under control, so it is easy to keep it up.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do a little every day.
We have no "help".

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm starting to have some mobility issues. I can't do as much as often as I used to. It's embarrassing to me. I think that if I moved to a new house, I might finally let my DH hire a part time housecleaner. He's always wanted one. That says something right there. :devil:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what maids are for! Ours comes once a week and we usually tidy up the day before so that she can do the real cleaning.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do some sort of cleaning every day. I find that I can't wait and do it all on one or two days of the weekend and I don't want to tie up my whole weekend with cleaning. I am a very particular housekeeper and truly enjoy a clean house!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Every Friday, which is exactly what my mom did. Chip off the old block. But I vacuum every other day( three cats and a dog) and touch up bathrooms during the week.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Excluding the yearly carpet steaming, we have no help. I answered weekly - I do a deep clean each weekend, with small things done through the week as well. With 2 large dogs, 2 resident cats, and 2 foster cats (currently), it's necessary. Vacuum, mop, dust, bleach the litter boxes, etc. I feel so refreshed when it's all done...even though it's dirty again in no time!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I do a mini cleaning every day- vaccum the entire first floor (DH and DS are huge crumb makers!), windex DS's hand and face prints off the glass doors, wipe down the guest powder room (no guest wants to go potty in a dirty bathroom), wipe down the kitchen counters and table after each meal and generally straighten up- put away toys, fold blankets etc. This takes about 30 minutes spread throughout the evening.

Every Saturday I do what my mom calls a "scrub down" which is exactly what it sounds like- thorough cleaning of the kitchen and bathrooms, wiping down the inside of the fridge, dusting every surface, windex all the windows + doors, scrubbing all the floors, vacuuming all the carpet, changing all the sheets etc. It takes me about 4-5 hours.

Laundry and dishes are daily chores as well.

Its how I was raised. I find I clean a lot more than all my friends. But I cannot relax if my home is dirty. It's always messy (with a toddler running around) but it still feels and smells and looks clean. The only time I slack is when I'm sick and then, since DH apparently is unable to learn how to properly clean, the house is a wreck until I recover.

I don't consider what I do daily cleaning so I voted once a week.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I used to be a cleaning fanatic. When first DS was little I would spend all day Saturday cleaning, we entertained a lot more then and I wanted the house perfect. I have always worked full-time so Sat was my day. Missed many a gorgeous day outside which I'm sad about now. That son is now 20 and I wish we had done more. Fast forward to today, younger DS is 13. Throughout my 2nd marriage I have slacked quite a bit on housework. I do dishes, clean the kitchen daily. DH is super helpful & will wash floors or clean bathrooms without my ever asking. Overall our house is "lived-in" with both DH & I working over 45 hours a week. Both sons will do chores when asked.
We also have three big dogs (non-shedding breeds) so they help muck up the house, so glad we have no carpet!
I plan on hiring a cleaning lady soon. We had one for years who came twice a month and it was sooooo worth it.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Its me and a cat in a one room apartment. Twice a week works for me.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I scrub down the bathroom and dust, windex everything else once weekly. I try to vacuum daily since I have two dogs.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I do the kitchen every day. Floors, dusting, bathrooms once a week, usually Friday. Our condo is small- it can all be done in under an hour.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Dust and vacuum upstairs one morning a week
Dust, vacuum downstairs, thoroghly clean kitchen one morning a week . I clean kitchen counters, table, sink everyday. Takes only a couple of minutes.
1 and 1/2 bathrooms once a week.

Thorough housecleaning about 3 times a year. That is when I clean out the closets, move furniture to clean behind and underneath, clean out drawers,etc.

It is much easier now that there are only 2 people at home.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try to give our condo a really thorough, top to bottom cleaning every 3 weeks or so. We try to keep up with the day to day things like picking up clutter, washing dishes, etc. most days so it's not so overwhelming. We're a bit behind now though and I hate it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I voted weekly, but that's just for major scrub- downs. I clean things daily, like the sink, vacuuming, cleaning a toilet, etc... as needed.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I am a major slob...me and hubby work 40 hours a week, my son is 15 and we have 1 cat. I pick up things almost everyday, dishes are done every day..the rest of the house..hmmm ok lets go with once a week, lol, normally I run the sweeper and dust downstairs and clean bathrooms usually once a week...the upstairs its alot less, no one goes up there but us and we rarely entertain. Major clean is done a whole lot less then I would like...I have thought of hiring a housekeeper, but I dont have the money to do that...maybe one day....I would like someone to come in every couple of weeks to do the really grungy stuff...

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Never. It's just not my thing. DH does stuff (I assume, since it doesn't look like a landfill quite yet).

We have had cleaning staff from multiple agencies etc in the past and it hasn't worked out well. We're between cleaners right now and it's starting to look a little bit rough, so I guess we have to find someone else, again.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
There was a scene in a Simpson's episode that reminds me of my life; the whole family is peeking in the kitchen door at their completely clean kitchen. Marge sighs at it's beauty. The door swings closed, then swings open again and the kitchen is a sty. Dishes covering the counters, food and dirt everywhere.

That's how I feel about our kitchen. We eat mostly at home, and every meal seems to require between 4,000 and 6,000 dishes. Then we eat, and because I hate to go back in the kitchen after having spent so much time there, I just leave it. Until the next meal, when I clean it all up, then make the meal, then eat and it's a mess again. ::) The Simpson's kitchen.

I'm pretty sure I don't have this clean kitchen/dirty kitchen sequence figured out correctly. . .

Then the rest of the house gets clean on a rotation, some job or other every weekend. Bedroom cleaned/vacuumed or bathrooms done, or den done. The whole house gets clean at the same time only if someone is coming over.

But then the level of clean depends on the someone; relatives get clean public space and guest bath. New people get the whole place clean because they might want the dreaded "tour". Teenagers visiting just get a tidied area, DD's room clean, guest bath done.

I'm kinda relieved DD broke up with the last boyfriend because he came over all the time, and it was starting to be a strain. :D

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daily! We have neighbors, friends, and family in and out all the time and it just feels easier to us to keep up with things every day. My husband is really awesome about cleaning and he is a huge, huge help.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My house gets cleaned every other Friday--just the downstairs and NOT Mr. St. Clare's bedroom--it's a mess, but it's his mess and he would be beside himself if the cleaning ladies touched his stuff.

I have two women who come in and give it a proper cleaning from top to bottom due to my arthritis {at least that's my story and I'm sicking to it.... :Up_to_something: }. I take care of the bedrooms ustairs and when the mess in my husband's room gets in the Collier Brother's territory he reluctantly throws a few years worth of newspapers away. Erica constantly tells me she can make that room beautiful in a couple of hours, and I keep telling her it would be the last thing she would ever do in this house. I think my husband would have some kind of break if all his crap was disturbed.

Anyway, I love the smell of the house {wax and Corox} after they are done.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I do a weekly cleaning that includes dusting surfaces, washing carpets, washing pillow covers and couch cover, changing sheets/duvet, dusting blinds, cleaning various filters. Disinfecting sinks...ewwww

But I clean as I use. For example, in the morning... after I shower I spritz the shower and squirt toilet cleaner in the toilet. Then I get ready, makeup on, blow dry hair. Put all of that away... then wipe the counter down, use a papertowel to get any visible hair on the floor, use the toiler want to scrub the toilet, wipe any gross shower residue. Clean mirror if needed. Same thing happens in the kitchen after I cook dinner.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissPrudential|1347837622|3269281 said:
I do a weekly cleaning that includes dusting surfaces, washing carpets, washing pillow covers and couch cover, changing sheets/duvet, dusting blinds, cleaning various filters. Disinfecting sinks...ewwww

But I clean as I use. For example, in the morning... after I shower I spritz the shower and squirt toilet cleaner in the toilet. Then I get ready, makeup on, blow dry hair. Put all of that away... then wipe the counter down, use a papertowel to get any visible hair on the floor, use the toiler want to scrub the toilet, wipe any gross shower residue. Clean mirror if needed. Same thing happens in the kitchen after I cook dinner.

We tend to clean as we use too, though DH and I go about it in different ways. Our bathrooms are perfect examples - my floors, toilet, tub, counters are all freshly wiped every evening but the shelves are cluttered disasters. DH plays tetris with his belongings, everything has its place and absolutely nothing is out of place, but I think he thinks the Chlorox is decoration..

We do a Clean-clean every week or two. Whenever it needs it. We both hate doing it.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Everyday because the kids' toys are all over the floor. But as far as mopping the floor, vacuuming, laundry etc it's twice a week. The boys track everything in

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about this thread at work today since after reading the responses, it's very clear to me that I lack the "cleaning" gene. I guess I've just never been super concerned with neatness. Do I prefer clean to dirty? Absolutely. Do I prefer cleaning to sitting on the couch watching TV? Not even close.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results