shape
carat
color
clarity

How much jewelry do you wear everyday?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hihowareyou

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The topic about E-rings overseas really hooked me in and got me wondering..

So many people are posting pictures of their beautiful rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc but how much is worn everyday?
Do you keep your most precious items locked away in a safe/deposit box and only wear them on special occasions or do you have your favourite pieces insured so you can wear them everyday?
Does your job influence the jewelry you wear?

Personally, I returned to the life of a student this year. I wear my e-ring and a pair of tiny diamond studs (terrible cut but such a small size that it is difficult to tell) everyday. Sometimes I wear a pendant, usually silver featuring a non-precious polished stone, amber, etc. My other jewelry I tend to reserve for special occasions.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I tend to wear a lot. I always wear a necklace - either my 3 stone diamond pendant or my DBTY. And I have a lot of ear piercings - I always wear a plain stud and a hoop in my cartilage piercings, and then usually I''ll wear a pair of pearls and not wear anything in my second set of piercings. I also wear a watch, and my sapphire ring (that BF gave me) and usually a ring on my right hand. I''m a pretty casual dresser though, so I guess I like having jewelry to kick things up
1.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much at all.

Absolutely nothing at home. When I step out, though, even if it's just for a walk around the apt. complex, I must have my e-ring (and w-band, when I have one, no doubt
9.gif
) and a pair of earrings, in public I feel positively naked without!

FI jokes that my jewelry box is an awfully nice storage facility. I loathe chains and necklaces, but I like bracelets, I just can't stop fiddling with them when they're on...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I have a necklace that BF got me from Tiff''s for my 21st that I wear every day. Other than that, I wear a RHR - a yellow gold ring with two small diamonds, or some silver and gold stacking bands. I want some studs, but I generally forget to wear them. Oh well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A watch. One or two rings. Often a cuff bracelet.

Fortunately I have about a dozen watches (most vintage, some new) and lots of rings.

I also quite a few necklaces and pendants... thye get worn a to break up large expanses of sweater in the winter, and occasionally with a v-neck in the summer.

I also have quite a collection of earrings, but generally only simple studs or hoops ever make it to my ears. I started wearing glasses regularly a few years ago, and for a long time it felt like the glasses alone were enough "adornment" for my face. These days I''m comfortable adding some simple earrings, but that''s it... anything more would feel like overkill.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my diamond studs 24/7 - I sleep in them. I wear my watch 24/7 - sleep in that too. Wear SOME ring every day - but it rotates a bit. I have a necklace I wear 24/7.

I''m very lazy. If I put it on I tend to not take it off because if I take it off I tend to not put it back on.

That''s it.

Occasionally I''ll wear a rhr, I have a few to choose from. Occasionally I''ll wear a second necklace. In the past I wore a bracelet on my watch hand 24/7 but they are yellow gold and I don''t have a white metal one... yet. Once I do I will probably wear that 24/7 too. Lazy!

mariel

Shiny_Rock
Daily - small diamond hoop earrings that I wear all the time, engagement ring and wedding bands (stacked eternity). When I''m around the house, usually just wearing my earrings, I always take my rings off as soon as I get home. I can never cook wearing rings/bracelet/watch - not really sure why, could be an OCD of some sort
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear much -- usually just my engagement ring, wedding band, and a pair of earrings. My ears are double pierced but I think I''ve outgrown the look, so I generally just wear one pair of earrings. I love jewelry and I''d love to get a RHR someday, but I''m kind of afraid that I wouldn''t wear it often.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my LOVE necklace and bracelet, my diamond studs (my graduation gift from my mom) my e-ring, my watch and a sapphire RHR also from my mom. Everything stays on 24/7 but the watch and RHR. All my jewelry has extreme sentimental value to me so I have no desire to take them off. Sometimes I do want to play with my necklaces, but I left all my jewelry in the US so for now, it is what it is.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least 1 ring on each hand
Wristwatch
Bracelet
Earrings
A necklace if I can hide it under something when I''m outside

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Most days, I wear at least two rings and a pair of earrings.

Studs or hoops, or studs and jackets every day, diamond and sapphire or diamond drop earrings for special occasions
rosecut pear shaped silver pendant on a leather necklace or a silver 3 strand chain with casual clothes and modern pear cut pendant with dbty with dressier clothes
wedding band and e-ring or eternity band alone or maternity band (asscher cuts, 5 stone)
rhr - either sapphire and diamond 3 stone, rose gold oval solitaire, maternity band or OMC 3 stone
Sometimes I add a tennis bracelet to my watch hand and I wear my watch 24/7.

Hmmm. I wear too much stuff, don''t I?!
9.gif

On dress down days, I wear just my 2.5cttw shared prong eternity band and some studs or my new hoops.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I don't wear much everyday and I work from home so there's nobody around to seem me except the pets!

I wear my gold and stainless Cartier Tank, a pair of small pearl studs, and my engagement ring.

Occasionally I'll throw on a very thin micro-pave band or a thin gold band on my right hand, but that's about it.

To answer your other question, I don't lock my jewelry away or anything. Almost all of it is sitting in my jewelry box or in their original boxes.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 12:21:16 AM
Author: yssie
Not much at all.

Absolutely nothing at home. When I step out, though, even if it''s just for a walk around the apt. complex, I must have my e-ring (and w-band, when I have one, no doubt
9.gif
) and a pair of earrings, in public I feel positively naked without!

FI jokes that my jewelry box is an awfully nice storage facility. I loathe chains and necklaces, but I like bracelets, I just can''t stop fiddling with them when they''re on...
Ditto - I can''t leave the house without my ering and promise ring (which is now my RHR). I''m not a fan of chain or necklaces either. I also wear my diamond studs 24/7 but that''s because I really can''t be bothered to unscrew them except to clean them

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Other than Rolex 24/7, nothing.
Going out w/girls is another story, I tend to alternate and over do on Fridays
38.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
My job absolutely influences what I wear. If at work, I have a nice watch on, but otherwise don''t wear my engagement ring usually. I work with patients on medicare and with my hands, so for multiple reasons am uncomfortable doing so. Otherwise, I will wear out and about and on the subway, though usually stones turned in.

coming soon...recently ordered a small glitzy band, that I expect to be able to wear daily at work, and eventually a plain wedding band that I expect to leave on 24/7.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lately, I''ve been wearing only my wedding set along with fashion earrings. . .normally, I also wear my diamond studs and a pendant, but I''ve been craving new ideas/changes and going for colored stones and other materials. I''ve become obsessed with hematite.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Plain platinum band always; one of my diamond rings if I go for a walk or go to the store; diamond earrings, diamond necklace, diamond ring, diamond watch if I have to go someplace where I need to wear makeup. If I have to go somewhere fancy then I will add or remix what I have.

This thread makes me nervous... you''re basically telling everyone what you''ll be wearing (or what will be left at home). I know there are GTG and the strangers/ lurkers on here don''t make that very safe sometimes!

Maybe I''m too paranoid.

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Probably more than I need to

6 pieces.... I don't wear any jewelry to bed

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I guess that I would be considered in the alot group.

Diamond studs in the one set of holes and then another set(these I change up) in the hole closest to me face
Ering and band
Thumb ring. It is a rainbow eternity that is only about 2mm wide (get many compliments believe it or not)
Alexandrite on my right middle finger
Diamond tennis bracelet and white gold twisted rope bracelet on my right wrist
Watch on my left wrist
Necklace

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I have an office job so I am not restricted in the jewelery I wear.

Weekdays I wear a pair of diamond earrings (one of 5 pairs), my wedding ring (5 stone band) and a stack of RHR rings (3 rings, all diamond or diamond/gemstone) OR a bracelet (tiffany silver bracelet or a silver cuff or antique mikimoto pearl bracelet), I don''t like to wear both rings and a bracelet at the same time. A watch, usually my Longines Dolce Vita.

Weekends I don''t wear anything around the house, if going out I either wear diamond earrings (usually one of my pairs of studs or hoops), at least my wedding ring and my casual watch (leather strap).

I don''t wear a lot of costume jewelery, the only time I wear it is if going ''out'' at night, I might wear a pair of big, dangly costume earrings or a costume cocktail ring.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my diamond studs (gift from my parents), a pave diamond heart pendant (a gift from DH), my engagement ring, plain wedding band, and 7-stone diamond wedding band every day.

I need to add a bracelet
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just one ring.

I also wore a bicycle chain bracelet for that GTG but that was mostly to be silly.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 8:00:27 PM
Author: swedish bean
This thread makes me nervous... you''re basically telling everyone what you''ll be wearing (or what will be left at home). I know there are GTG and the strangers/ lurkers on here don''t make that very safe sometimes!

Maybe I''m too paranoid.
Yep, at at what night a GTG will be = oh, what I have is, "X and X." I think it''s more than a bit risky to discuss meeting up just as a thread like this. Yet again, I''m a bit paranoid.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I wear:

My watch
Gold or silver earrings hoop earrings or studs
my eternity band

sometimes a semiprecious necklace, or a decorative gold chain, or a pendant.

I mix up earrings and necklaces to match depending on my outfit/mood.

Somewhere I read that jewelry can be used by people as a form of emotional armour, and that people who wear lots and lots of jewelry as a layer of protection between them and the world.

After I read that, I''ve been more careful about the amount and type of jewelry I wear - nothing to heavy or big.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Around the house I just wear m=silver chepo studs and that''s it.

If I leave the house I always put on my diamond pendant, lil 1/2 eternity ring (both gifts from BF) and a watch. I sometimes add some costume jewlery or other rings if i''m in a good mood.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Engagement Ring, Wedding Ring, .25tcw studs in second holes and my scattered diamond hoops are pretty standard daily wear. I do switch up the earrings, and occasionally add a necklace.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wedding rings, one RHR, studs, ocassionally - bracelet, and necklace

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not too much lately, just my wedding set and a pair of earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results