shape
carat
color
clarity

how much are you paying for gas in your area?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
been going up 10 cents per day in the past 3 days.. :knockout:

$3.89 for regular
$3.99 for mid grade
$4.09 for premium

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I saw one of the prices tonight as $3.78.

I'm up in Alaska.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In NYC it was $3.69 (as of last night) and at the Jersey shore it was $3.21 as of yesterday afternoon at Costco gas. We have some of the least expensive gas at the Jersey shore. But it is rapidly rising :(
It takes a half tank to go from the shore to NYC where we live so every time we make a round trip we need to fill up the tank fully. It is getting expensive!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I don't care too much, I drive a Prius! :bigsmile:

The readout on my dash says that I get 53.2 miles per gallon. :bigsmile: It's accurate, because the computer figures it continuously and I have been getting this great mileage ever since we had them do a fuel injector cleaning. Before that, I was down to 42.6 MPG.

I drive 60 miles per day, so this adds up for me.

My DH drives a car that only gets 15 MPG. :((

He has been complaining a LOT lately, and we're taking my car on a lot more outings.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it was 3.49 on Friday in Ohio, I havent been out since Friday, I will find out later because I need to get some gas.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the Uk and pay £1.28 per litre, which is £5.82 a gallon, which is $9.46 a gallon.

So, yep, thats triple the cost of the USA. Try running a car at those prices.

And there is extra tax going on it as of April (not including increases in wholesale gas prices) so it will be an extra $0.30 a gallon, so at least $9.76.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireLover|1299424124|2865985 said:
I am in the Uk and pay £1.28 per litre, which is £5.82 a gallon, which is $9.46 a gallon.

And there is extra tax going on it as of April (not including increases in wholesale gas prices) so it will be an extra $0.30 a gallon, so at least $9.76.

:-o That's why small gas efficient hybrid cars are a necessity for sure!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, that's partly why we have smaller cars over here. I have a 1.6 Toyota that does 35mpg and it costs me a fortune to run. I miss my old Renault Clio that did a lovely 56mpg.

Oh and don't get me started on insurance. I am currently paying £165 a month ($268) to insure my car thanks to somebody putting a fraudulent claim in on my insurance. Despite the fact that I have pictures to prove there is no damage, my insurer doesn't care.

My car currently costs me about £420/ $600 a month to run for gas, servicing, insurance etc and I only do about 1200 miles a month.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireLover|1299424629|2865991 said:
Yep, that's partly why we have smaller cars over here. I have a 1.6 Toyota that does 35mpg and it costs me a fortune to run. I miss my old Renault Clio that did a lovely 56mpg.

Oh and don't get me started on insurance. I am currently paying £165 a month ($268) to insure my car thanks to somebody putting a fraudulent claim in on my insurance. Despite the fact that I have pictures to prove there is no damage, my insurer doesn't care.

My car currently costs me about £420/ $600 a month to run for gas, servicing, insurance etc and I only do about 1200 miles a month.

:shock: That is an exorbitant amount you are paying for insurance per month! I thought NYC rates were high but compared to yours we are getting a bargain!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We're paying between 3.27 - 3.50 for regular.

Those truly are ghastly prices, but at least in the UK you have decent mass transit in your cities, and most things are packed in. Out here in the sprawling hinterlands of Oklahoma - where, depending on how the calculation is done - Oklahoma City is still at the top for sheer square miles covered, not driving is not an option for most, and the distances required just to get to work can be pretty silly. I drive almost 17 miles one way, so say a 33 mile minimum round trip every day to work. I know people who drive 50 miles in every day. Crazy. It hurts, and I'm driving a car that gets not great but decent mileage - average 28-29, except in the summer. I can't imagine how anyone affords to drive a giant truck that gets 13 mpg, but many do, although many are finally dumping those trucks, which I always saw as sheer stupidity for commuter vehicles. But thats what you get when agriculture is spread way out and there are no real geographical things hemming you in, and being a gas-producing state for so long, there was no incentive to ever invest in mass transit. Now it's biting us on the behind for sure....

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
You can rely on public transport if you work in a city centre, as all buses and trains go there. If you are looking elsewhere then you are stuck. I have a 12 mile commute each way. If I did it on public transport it would take over an hour and a half- totally not do-able. I also have to go and visit other hospitals during my day, none of which can be done on public transport.

My in laws live in an area where there is no public transport at all. There is a train that goes by about 3-4 times a day and that is it. No buses or trams or subway or anything. They would be jiggered without a car.

Luckily DH works just over a mile away from home so just cycles in. I would be green if we had to run another car. We really wouldn't be having any holidays if we ran two cars.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
$3.33 per gallon. I have to show this to DH as he always complains about our gas and insurance. Our insurance is $85.00 a month for two 20 something drivers in slightly newer cars (2008) - and I'm an accident magnet ;(

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm paying $3.25ish per gallon. I have a Fred Meyer "rewards" card and get 10 cents off per gallon so it's a bit cheaper.

DH is paying $3.60 b/c he goes to an expensive station that's along his way to work.

Both are regular unleaded.

I kept all my receipts and paid $126 last month in gas (have a subaru forester). :knockout:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1299429636|2866045 said:
$3.33 per gallon. I have to show this to DH as he always complains about our gas and insurance. Our insurance is $85.00 a month for two 20 something drivers in slightly newer cars (2008) - and I'm an accident magnet ;(

Wow, that's a great insurance price on insurance. Yikes...I need to shop around.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
USAA. If you have a parent or a spouse in the military then you qualify. I love them. They've been amazing especially since I seem to get hit nearly every year :nono:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1299396574|2865888 said:
been going up 10 cents per day in the past 3 days.. :knockout:

$3.89 for regular
$3.99 for mid grade
$4.09 for premium

I think we live in the same area. My prices are about that much. Maybe $3.95 for regular. Makes me grateful I no longer drive 40 miles each way to work!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I Win!! $5.24 gallon or $1.31 litre for unleaded regular. This in in Vancouver, BC

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
$3.10 per gallon in Colorado, I guess I'm lucky, but this still stinks! :nono:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
$4.30/gallon in sw North Carolina. In this city our gas prices are the highest in the entire south, according to the newspaper. No idea why but I sure don't like it!

--- Laurie

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Sapphire Lover on everything re. the UK.

Where my parents live you can't get by without a car - there's 3 buses a day to the nearest town and that takes 40 minutes (15 in a car) and they live in South East England which is pretty well covered compared with many parts.

In London you also have a $12 a day charge (congestion charge) to stop people driving. Hence we have a Prius as hybrids are exempt and doesn't use a massive amount of fuel...

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
The lowest priced gas station in town is $3.59, and we live just a few miles from both th PA border, and a Native American reservation, where we can save about $.25 or so per gallon. I'm so glad that FI drives a prius, and I really need to get rid of my gas guzzler. I'm driving a jeep grand cherokee that gets around 10 miles a gallon, it seems like, because she's old and tired and could probably use some work. I've been thinking about getting something smaller once my tax return gets here, because even though I only drive about 1500-2000 miles per year, these gas prices are not going to work for me for much longer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yeah but you guys don't drive 13,000 miles per year.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
4.28$/gallon (1.13$/litre) in Calgary, Alberta. We're fortunate to have the cheapest gas in Canada (as far as I know)

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
We pay at least $6.60 per gallon for premium petrol and I live in India!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1299420660|2865948 said:
I don't care too much, I drive a Prius! :bigsmile:
The readout on my dash says that I get 53.2 miles per gallon.

53.2 MPG!
You rock! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations!!!
You must be a very good hypermiler.
I'm also a hyermiler in a hybrid, and my MPG also averages low 50s.
Regular gas here in Southern California is around $3.90 now, so I'm really glad I don't use much.

BTW, I have an interesting little story to relate, that illuminates how much driving style affects MPG...

Yesterday I had to rush to a clients home 30 miles away for an emergency and I drove 75 MPH on our freeways.
I NEVER drive that fast, even though almost everyone else does whenever they can.

On my way home I took my time (as usual) and creeped along at 50 MPH in the right-most lane of one of our enormous 6 to 8 lane Los Angeles freeways.
I zeroed my trip meter so I could compare the MPG I got each way.

On the way there I got 39.5 MPG.
On the way home I got 72.9 MPG.
Amazing!

And NO, my destination was not on top of a hill.
My origin and destination were both about sea level, with no hills in between.

Everyone could probably get around 50% better MPG (IN THEIR CURRENT VEHICLE) if they'd just cool it.
That's like paying $2.00 for gas instead of $4.00.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Here in Germany it is $5.56 and that's for Diesel! But, my employer pays, so it doesn't affect my wallet, thank goodness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results