shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of you are satisfied with your diamond size?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha. I'll give you ladies first dibs if I ever do! ;))

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE my ring. Love it. I will probably buy more diamonds, but this ering is sticking with me! I'm at a .76 pear in a platinum bezel with an 18k rose gold halo. It makes my heart sing.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
mrs. taylor|1326767148|3104794 said:
I LOVE my ring. Love it. I will probably buy more diamonds, but this ering is sticking with me! I'm at a .76 pear in a platinum bezel with an 18k rose gold halo. It makes my heart sing.

Mrs Taylor, I'm just giggling a little bit at the use of the word "probably" in that sentence. :bigsmile:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I love my engagement ring - it's a beautiful H&A G VS2 and yes, even at .51ct I am happy with its size.

On my right hand I wear a .57 old cut and yes, I definitely want a bigger one!

However, I don't think I'll upgrade (too much of a hoarder) so I'll probably just buy more!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
LittleRiver|1326743316|3104409 said:
I love my stone. Before I received my diamond, I wondered if I should have gone with a 1.2-1.3 in a lower color versus my 1.06 F, but now that I have it on my finger I think the size is perfect. But then neither of us wanted my ring to stand out for its size.

I love your ring. :love:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer W|1326791919|3104962 said:

Mrs Taylor, I'm just giggling a little bit at the use of the word "probably" in that sentence. :bigsmile:

LOL....well.....you know..... :wink2:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
mrs. taylor|1326802843|3105004 said:

I have a fairly good idea....it's the same as I "might" buy a ruby. ;))

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Zoe said:
LittleRiver said:
I love my stone. Before I received my diamond, I wondered if I should have gone with a 1.2-1.3 in a lower color versus my 1.06 F, but now that I have it on my finger I think the size is perfect. But then neither of us wanted my ring to stand out for its size.

I love your ring. :love:

Awww thank you Zoe :))

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I have a .55 square radiant solitaire and I'd say I'm satisfied with it for now. I'd LOVE to rock a 2+ carat AVC, but that's not happening anytime soon, and would look pretty ridiculous in my circle of friends and geography (I'm 30 and live in a midwestern mid-sized city). The ring I have made sense at the time we got it, since we were both students and didn't know when we'd get 'real' jobs, esp. since we were finishing up in 2009. Now, if were weren't paying off our student loans aggressively, I could easily have 1 carat AVC by saving for a couple months. By our 5 year anniversary, our debt should be gone and then I can broach the subject of an upgrade. :naughty:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer W|1326805363|3105026 said:
mrs. taylor|1326802843|3105004 said:

I have a fairly good idea....it's the same as I "might" buy a ruby. ;))

You get me! You really, really get me! :lol:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I am 100% happy with my diamond (2.50) and I cannot imagine wanting something any bigger and we have never upgraded. Butttttt that doesn't mean I don't want some more diamonds! I'd love a nice 1.0 for a RHR or a nice pendant....someday :saint:

He didn't buy the diamond according to how it would look in my circle of friends either, something that I'm happy he didn't do.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original e-ring is a .62 pear, J SI2 I think but it is not a certed stone. I also have worn my late mother in laws .64 RB as an e-ring. It is also not certed that I know of, but it is a beautiful stone that will eventually go to our daughter one day (she is only 7). For Christmas my DH gifted me a beautiful GIA .92 E VS2 oval which faces up big on my size 5 finger. I am in love with it! It is in a plain white gold setting and I wear it with a plain wedding band. I can honestly say that I am truly happy with my diamond, and the fact that my DH listened to me go on and on about diamonds and what I know, took that information and picked out a stone that was better than I could have ever hoped for makes me quite sure that I have my forever stone.

I'm totally open to different bands to wear with it, or possible a setting change down the road, but I really do love a solitaire :love:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just gonna say it. This thread is useless without pictures. :nono:

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I still have my original stone, a .60 ACA but reset it into a Vatche Grace halo. I am happy with the ring and get compliments on it all the time. I will not upgrade until we can afford a much larger stone at least 1.5 ct so that may be awhile...
I really want a five stone AVC and thanks to GOG for posting fabulous videos! I showed my husband the video and he agreed that the band was beautiful so that is next on my list. I may have to buy one stone at a time but thankfully patience comes easily when the reward is blingtastic :naughty:

Also, I will never trade my original ring in. I love it too much and my youngest son called dibs on it for his future wife :sick:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Isn't there another topic for this forum than size . . . what it means, why it's important or unimportant, what you want vs. what I want, blah, blah, blah?? (Rings. I'm talking about rings. ;)) )

There must be more interesting things to talk about than our engagement rings.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1326834791|3105314 said:
Isn't there another topic for this forum than size . . . what it means, why it's important or unimportant, what you want vs. what I want, blah, blah, blah?? (Rings. I'm talking about rings. ;)) )

yes,politics.. :lol:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1326845914|3105455 said:

let's add in religion and have a real party.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs. taylor|1326846479|3105462 said:
Dancing Fire|1326845914|3105455 said:

let's add in religion and have a real party.
i'm not religious so i just respect other's beliefs.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
LaraOnline|1326696649|3104041 said:
Hi Gwendolyn, I was wondering if I'd run into you! It's great to see your pretty face! You are NOT greedy!!

ETA: oops, this is scary. I SWEAR I didn't see Haven't post above to you, Gwendolyn, before I posted!! You just have that effect on people!
Hello there, lovely Lara! I'm quite glad to know you don't think I'm greedy, since sometimes I certainly feel that way when looking at my current engagement ring and imagining what I'd like to replace it with. :naughty:

Hope all is well with you! :wavey:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
sonnyjane|1326596805|3103204 said:
I have a 1.01ct center stone, and two .35ct side stones. That's what I started off with and I've had it since summer 2008. Because of my job, I don't wear my e-ring very often... maybe a few hours a week at best. Knowing that, I have honestly never given any active thought to upgrading. Now, if someone offered to give me a larger stone for free, I'd certainly take it! But I'm quite content, or as you phrased it, "satisfied" with my stone.

I wouldn't turn down a larger stone either, but am happy with mine now. I'd feel uncomfortable with a large stone and also I've had my diamond for SO long and I'm a bit oversentimental that I'd feel bad not wearing my original stone. The setting, on the other hand, I do want to switch out. It is worn out, basically, but changing it would mean not being able to wear my artcarved wedding band with it and I'm not sure how to handle that. Plus, my dh is part of the deal here. I don't think he'd want me to change my wedding set. He's been okay with my other purchases, but the wedding set is off limits as far as he's concerned.

ETA - But, who knows what the future holds. I do have a three stone ring that I'm kind of thinking of taking apart and making into something else. Could be a second wedding set or I could use the diamonds from that to add to my eng ring!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
I'm really happy with my size- 1.5ct RB D SI1 AGS000. The only thing I would change (maybe) is the setting. But DH isn't keen on the idea, and I would rather not hurt his feelings. As it is, 10 years of marriage and two kids later, I don't wear my solitaire on a daily basis anymore. I'm really loving the look of stacked bands. If I ever get a ring with more bling factor, I know I want a 5-stone ring with antique cushion cuts. But really, I'm perfectly happy just admiring rings on PS. I fall in love with a new one each week!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
You know, I was looking through the topics that I've posted in the past and came across a thread about 2 weeks after my 1.81 upgrade and I said I was experiencing DSS! So apparently after 2 years of wearing my ring, DSS has been cured!

So there is a cure for the disease.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I could go larger but in the real world and in my smallish city, my 2 ct "honker" (according to my friends) gets enough attention already. I don't think I could ever upgrade my center stone. Even though I didn't think I would be, I'm way too sentimentally attached to "my precious". A setting change may be in the cards later though.

In the far distant future, when we have all the money to spare and our life needs are taken care of, I'm going to buy myself a real honker (by my perverse standards anyway). 3 plus carats of fancy cut goodness, and believe me, I wouldn't care what anyone thought of my saggy baggy hands, whether they think it's real or fake, or how I laid my hands on these rocks, I would wear all five plus carats on two hands with beat-down running shoes and my ol' lady sweats to the grocery store. Both literally and figuratively, I would rock those rocks! Lol.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Size, yes . Setting, no.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Initialy I bought my stone (.77 avc on a size 4 finger) with the thought that it was definitely too small for a "forever stone" and that I would upgrade one day - maybe at the 5 year mark.

After wearing it for a while, it's quite a comfortable size and though not big by PS standards, it does have a moderate amount of presence in my area - a nice medum-sized stone. If I never got another diamond it would still look good, and it will never be mistaken for a tiny diamond.

I do daydream about amassing a small fortune and then jetting off to GOG where Jon would bring our trays of his finest, and I would choose a nice substantial 2ct wonder, but I need to get my life savings in order first.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am very happy with the size of my 1.57 pear. I love the finger coverage and am content for where I am right now in life. If given the opportunity down the road when the kids are grown I would love a 2ct or larger RB or OEC, because nothing sparkles more than a well cut RB.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
100% satisfied? I guess it depends on the day. I have a .74 in a channel setting with another ~1/4 carat of diamonds on the sides. In my circle my diamond is about the size of others and before finding pricescope I thought it was HUGE. My mom's diamond is 1/4 carat and I never thought about the possibility of something bigger.

I feel like some days it looks big, others it looks small. More often than not, I like the size and I think it's a good proportion with the size of my hands. I also love the setting.

I can't picture myself upgrading, as I am the sentimental type and I want to keep the ring he proposed with forever, but I could see myself adding stackers to the set. I also really like the cut that I have and since it's uncommon chances of upgrading to another diamond with this cut are pretty low.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
when I don't spend too much time on PS I am satisfied :razz:

but really...yes. satisfied. when we were shopping, I wanted a 1 carat diamond. I got a 1.108 carat diamond. it is not HUGE, but it is substantial on my size 5 fingers. I feel very lucky to own it! I would be fine with a 1.25-1.3 carat diamond, but I really like my 3-stone design and it wouldn't work with a much larger diamond. Plus, I would feel uncomfortable wearing something very large every day. FI is against upgrades (fine with me, we do not have a stone with an upgrade policy) but he is not against future bling purchases :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't have one... ;(

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting--almost everyone posting here is satisfied--but only about three of the posters who are satisfied have less than a carat. Posters are satisfied with rings ranging from roughly 1.5- 2.5 carats. I don't think that's greedy--nothing that you like and saved for andcan afford is greedy in our lovely capitalistic society. (not joking. Really do think capitalism is great). i love looking at the rings. However, thats a lot to aspire to in terms of what they cost and even in the diamond is a J or lower color and an Si2 and even if it is a pre-loved old cut, a 1.5 to 2 carat diamond will NEVER be in my budget in my lifetime.

So it's lucky that I love my .38 carat original engagement ring, I guess.

Not trying to be obnoxious, but did feel like speaking up and saying that it IS possible to be satisfied when its WAY under a carat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results