carat
color
clarity

How have you changed physically?

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
D

Deactivated member 42515

Have you changed physically since you were a kid to how old you are now?

When I was young, I had super super straight jet black hair. While I do still have the jet black hair, my hair is no longer straight. It is super wavy. Sometimes people make fun of me and tell me I'm not Korean cuz my hair is so wavy!

So, how have you changed?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun thread!

I used to have stick-straight brown-black hair, and now it's wavy and turning redder by the year! (The sad fact though, is that my hairs seem to go through stages as I age: Brown-black, auburn, fire engine red, then gray. When I see a big, straw-like bright red strand sticking out I just give it the stink eye, knowing when it falls out it's going to be replaced by an even more straw-like silvery gray hair!)

I'm 5'9.5" now, but I was never very tall growing up. I was a bit taller than average, but I grew nearly four inches in college. When I see people now that I haven't seen since high school they're always a bit taken aback by my height.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes,from extra thin girdle to extra thick girdle.. :knockout:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1343758989|3243738 said:
At least you aren't extra thin to extra thick--that would be an interesting look.
Besides, now you're less likely to chip. :cheeky:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I went from an HCA score of 1.0 to a 6.4. :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

vtigger86 said:
oh my...my mind went in the wrong direction.... Sheesh!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have been the same size and build since 12! I was fast-growing child, and reached 5'6" by middle school, and now I'm 5'7. I had a couple of pudgy years during college, now back to average athletic build that I was as a teen. The only real change was my skin. I used to be able to tan now I tend to burn, peel and get freckly.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yea...I was chubby as a child now I am just plain fat....I use to have brown hair..I assume its gray now, I have been coloring it for years, other changes is my feet got bigger after kids and I seem to have shrunk some.... :nono:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I will be 56 later this year and I am around 5' 8" (possibly a little taller- last time my height was measured was in high school). I have only gained between 5 to less than 10 pounds since I was 25 (I was around 125 at that time I guess) - well I am around 135 lbs now, but the body dimensions have shifted. I gained a cup size since my 30s (now a 34DD since getting expertly fitted a couple of years ago) and slightly wider in my hips,though I wear a smaller size now (6-8) than I did when I was younger (9-11)- go figure!. My foot size has also increased by half a size in the past 5-10 years. I was a size 8, now I am an 8-1/2. I have some gray hairs (mostly in the front and my chestnut brown hair has lost some of that redness/richenss to it, but I use a demi permanent dye that I love to bring that richness back, plus it hides my grays or should I say make them look like highlights). I have spider veins on my legs which makes me hate to wear shorts lately (they appeared out of nowhere a couple of years ago). No wrinkles, but I can see a little bit of facial sagging and skin is drier than it used to be so I use lots of moisturizer and sunscreen.

The nice thing is that I have a tight tushy thanks to squats that I do everyday! DH says he likes watching me walk away when wearing my tight jeans. :naughty:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I'm much the same.

I hit my final height when I was about 16. Have only gained maybe 2-3 pounds since I was 18. But in general I'm not as YOUNG. Not as firm, not as sculpted, not as fresh, not as...well, new! :lol:

My eye color has changed from primarily green to definitely all blue. My hair has darkened up with age, as my parents' did as well. It bleaches out in the summer/autumn naturally, but this year I started getting a half head of foils in the winter months.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been the same height since 7th grade. I was born w/orange hair, then it fell out and was replaced by thin, fine, stick straight hair the color of corn silk. It started getting a little darker in junior high, now it's somewhat a darker blonde, quite a bit thicker, not as fine, and has a definite wave to it. My eyes were my dad's bright blue eyes-people used to stop and stare and fawn over how beautiful they were..now they're darker and plain ole unremarkable blue. I'm bigger now than I was when I was younger, but some of that is that I'm more muscley underneath all the extra squish.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Not much has changed except for my hair - it used to be thin, fine, and straight, and now its thick and wavy.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty much the same, just taller and fatter! :cheeky: I didn't get tall (I'm 5'8") until high school, and was actually always one of the shorter ones in class pictures. I got tall so fast that I actually have horizontal stretch marks on my knees from my growth spurt.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I was always really short, with really big feet. Seriously, I wore a women's 7 in 3rd grade. I didn't hit 5' until 7th grade. My mom is only 5'4" so I figured I'd end up around that height. Well, all of my friends stopped growing my 10th grade or so, and I kept growing through senior year...ending up 5'7".

Oh, the other thing that changed? My eye color! I had blue eyes until I was 8 or so, and now they are more of a green-ish hazel (brown right around my pupil, then green, then a blue ring around the edge.Very strange.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL - because I resemble that remark!

I'd say not much other than that - thanks to the miracle of modern chemistry - except that I know I'd be kidding myself. How I see myself in my mind's eye hasn't quite caught up to reality! :wink2:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why yes, I have changed physically, thanks for asking. My hair gets more shiny and lustrous each day, my muscles are more defined and toned even though I exercise less and less and my breasts are so perky and buoyant they are practically floating above my head. Oh, how I love getting old!

WHAT KIND OF RIDICULOUS QUESTION IS THIS, ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME???? :angryfire:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1343844592|3244386 said:
Why yes, I have changed physically, thanks for asking. My hair gets more shiny and lustrous each day, my muscles are more defined and toned even though I exercise less and less and my breasts are so perky and buoyant they are practically floating above my head. Oh, how I love getting old!

WHAT KIND OF RIDICULOUS QUESTION IS THIS, ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME???? :angryfire:

Bwahahahhahaha!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is slowly deteriorating with age. No ones getting any younger here honey! :))

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Well let's just say I was an awkward looking child :roll: . I seriously looked like a little chubby barrel on stilts. My torso was a bit chubby and completely strait up and down (no butt whatsoever), to the degree that my mom would buy pants with elastics in the waist to keep them up. Add to that freakishly long skinny legs and you get a weird looking kid. I have actually had people looking at photos of me and thinking that it was some kind of trick.

Well that's what you get when you mix some Nordic blood, all the females in my mother family have all been at least 5' 9, with some Hispanic blood, my female relatives on that side are usually around 4' 10 :shock: . I got my mothers legs and my paternal grandmother's upper body.

Then puberty hit. Hard. I shoot up to 5' 6 and a D cup and some major hips came out of nowhere, all at the lovely age of 11. Nowadays I am still 5'6 but my bust just continued growing (last I measured I needed a 32G :angryfire: ) and I have a tiny waist, big hips and very long slim legs. My legs look more proportional now, unless I stand next to someone my height and you compare. Although my thin ankles were apparently deemed a great conversation piece by my FIL :roll: . Anyhow now I look good but fitting clothes are a nightmare due to my measurements.

D

Deactivated member 42515

natascha said:
Well let's just say I was an awkward looking child :roll: . I seriously looked like a little chubby barrel on stilts. My torso was a bit chubby and completely strait up and down (no butt whatsoever), to the degree that my mom would buy pants with elastics in the waist to keep them up. Add to that freakishly long skinny legs and you get a weird looking kid. I have actually had people looking at photos of me and thinking that it was some kind of trick.

Well that's what you get when you mix some Nordic blood, all the females in my mother family have all been at least 5' 9, with some Hispanic blood, my female relatives on that side are usually around 4' 10 :shock: . I got my mothers legs and my paternal grandmother's upper body.

Then puberty hit. Hard. I shoot up to 5' 6 and a D cup and some major hips came out of nowhere, all at the lovely age of 11. Nowadays I am still 5'6 but my bust just continued growing (last I measured I needed a 32G :angryfire: ) and I have a tiny waist, big hips and very long slim legs. My legs look more proportional now, unless I stand next to someone my height and you compare. Although my thin ankles were apparently deemed a great conversation piece by my FIL :roll: . Anyhow now I look good but fitting clothes are a nightmare due to my measurements.
I dunno! You sound like quite the hottie! :)

hoover

Shiny_Rock
I'm like some others in that I got chunkier as I got older too :knockout:

My feet are the same size, I've gained freckles in addition to the fat... And I think I've shrunk an inch too - as if I wasn't vertically challenged already :roll:

My hair is no longer straight, but thanks to the invention of permanent hair straightening, at least I can fake that :cheeky:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, i definitely gained some weight and my body isn't toned and tight as it used to be. I've got more cellulite, especially after my second pregnancy, 15 months ago. There are some dark spots on my face, due to the strong greek sun! And i see more expression lines on my forehead and eyes than in the past. But overall, for some weird reason, i think i look better than i did 12 years ago, when i was obviously much younger and i hadn't started having kids. Looking back to my older pictures, i don't think that i was prettier than now. I think that it might have to do with the fact that as i grow older, i get to know better how to dress smart and take care of myself! :sun:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I've changed much. I've gained weight all over, but I was runner all through high school so it was expected that I'd gain when I stopped. I quit growing at about 15 and my hair is the same. I just went from a thinner, and very quick child and teen with no hips, big bum, and muscular thighs to an adult with the same build with about 20 lbs spread evenly all over.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love it! :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I bumped into someone I haven't seen in nearly 20 years last weekend. He said I look exactly the same. We didn't like each other then, and we don't like each other now, so I'll assume that a) it wasn't a compliment and b) it's probably true. :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Maria D said:

I'm so glad that your boobs aren't floating over your head! We've got a more serious issue than aging if this was the case! Hahaha

purselover

Ideal_Rock
My hair changes color all the time without me dying it! When I was really young I had blonde hair and blue eyes, as I got older my eyes turned green and my hair became almost black it was so dark. When I was in college my hair became practically blonde again and currently it is a really light brown.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting thread!

I haven't changed much. Stopped growing at about 14 and I'm the same height and weight (+/- 5Kg) since then and I'm 28 this year!

Hair is the same colour but I dye it so can't really be sure. Skin is worse - less freckles but definitely getting more wrinkles darn it. :blackeye:

I don't feel much different - perhaps just not as fit/sporty as I was in school. Attempting to change that at the moment... :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1344047815|3245709 said:

Love it! :lol:

Haha, great answer Maria!

The main change is my hair went from stick straight where it wouldn't take a curl to really really curly in my mid twenties. Weird!! But I have finally learned to embrace my curly (I admit sometimes frizzy!) hair and I think it suits my personality.
Oh, and my feet grew (lovely, who doesn't want larger feet :roll: ) from size 8.5 to 9.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results