shape
carat
color
clarity

Henna - How my hair loves thee!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Well I did it! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I went from blonde to Auburn red. - And ALL naturally!!! I am so happy wih the results and how henna has left my hair so healthy and vribrant. I don't miss the blonde AT ALL. :) I cant wait for my hair to be longer!!! :)

I looooooooooove it! :love:

hennaIlove.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amy -- that is just SAAAAASSSY, girl! It looks great on you! :appl:

& I also think it looks much younger on you any of the colors or styles I've seen in your earlier pictures.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame now that is a fabulous colour on you. Really. And it goes perfectly with your new hairstyle :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!

I absolutely love it. It is amazing what a difference that color makes--it makes your skin more vibrant and even your expression in the new picture is just so much more energetic! You look even more beautiful than before.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a bag of henna waiting for me, but it seems to require so much effort! I'll have to wait for the day that I can allot six hours of time.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I definitely think you made a wonderful choice with that color!
It looks great on you! :appl:

I don't know if you've heard of Lush, but they make henna hair dyes too (they're called caca rouge, noir, brun and marron)

Hera

Ideal_Rock
bean said:
I don't know if you've heard of Lush, but they make henna hair dyes too (they're called caca rouge, noir, brun and marron)

Do you know if they contain any additives? I know that some henna products do and that can mean it can dry out your hair and not have the conditioning treatment. Supposedly only the the original red is pure henna and doesn't have any other additives.

heraanderson said:
bean said:

Do you know if they contain any additives? I know that some henna products do and that can mean it can dry out your hair and not have the conditioning treatment. Supposedly only the the original red is pure henna and doesn't have any other additives.

Yes, I think they do, but they are usually promoted as being either natural or safe synthetics, but if you look at their forum there is a thread about people that have done henna and have had great results.

For instance, the marroon is: red henna, fair trade cocoa butter, indigo henna, ground coffee, lemon juice, irish moss powder, clove bud oil, citral, eugenol

I have not done my hair, but I would like to try eventually.... after the wedding (just in case!) :)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used henna often when I was in college. Got to be an old pro. I didn't use any "product" formulation, just the ground up plant. I therefore can't speak to anything but that. It was messy, that's for sure, but effective. And since it's a natural product, it wasn't so uniform each time, which made it a bit less than uniform from application to application.

Nowadays I just have my have my hair colored by an Aveda stylist. Best color I've ever had really.

Oh...and my roomates and I once tormented our kitties by dying their white paws orange with the henna. (anyone who has done henna knows it only takes about half a minute to stain ....anything, and it's non-toxic.) They frequently got even with us with their antics though. One of them liked to drag trash out, especially corn cobs. It was a regular practical joke factory in my college house, for human and animal alike.

ETA - And I agree Amethyste: that color looks great on you! You did a great job with it!

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
For anyone wanting to try something with a similar (although arguably not quite as significant) conditioning benefit as henna, but without the strong red colour, you can try cassia. I use it regularly and it is wonderful. :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great!! Just be careful the next time you colour your hair - residual henna seriously botches up colour. Been there, done that. Also, henna is very drying, so when you apply henna, mix it with olive oil. That also enhances colour uptake.

My mum has been white haired since she was 17, an all she has ever used is henna ground fresh from the leaves (which is so much fun!)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color looks great on you. I really like it!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!! Thank you all so much for the wonderful feedback! I really do love the vibrancy of the tone. Unfortunately, I am very very grey already and they are resistant! So I think I'll have to do another application on my hair in the next few days to even everything out.

To get awesome results, you have to use BODY QUALITY henna. Nooooo compound hennas as they will TRASH your hair!!! I have been reading for 1 month straight on how to do henna correctly. There is a bunch of mixes you can do to custom color your hair, but to a certain degree. You cannot "lighten" your hair with henna, but you can add nice splash of color to your existing one, with red henna, cassia, indigo you can manipulate the intensity by adding AMLA and other natural ingredients to your mix.

I used straight red henna on my hair from mehandi.com - the Celebration line, which has the highest content of natural dye power. If you mix your henna correctly as the right consistency - harming yourself with latex gloves, clothes you don't care if they get stained and a bathtub, you can do your hair pretty mess free.

Henna is a little drying yes, but if you add several drops of rosemary or lavender essential oil to your mix, it will help. I do a warm oil treatment after I color, so it's all good :)

i made my hair so healthy and vibrant, I'll never go back to chemical dyes ever again!!! Last time I colored my hair, it left me with shortness of breath and I had heavy dizzy spells. This triggered my interest into doing it the natural way...

Thank you so much ladies... I am tickled pink!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
time to update the avatar to reflect the new hair color!

it looks great!

mz

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am, you look GORGEOUS!!! Don't ever go back to the blonde . . . this is PERFECT on you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Love love love your auburn hair! It realy brings out your skin tone. Please post pic of your ring running through that wonder new hair color!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...I'm loving that color. You were made to be a red-head. Oh, I forgot to say your really quite lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results