shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with hair stuck on clothes

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I recently gave my son a haircut and tons of hair is stuck on his clothes (he's a toddler so I couldn't use any kind of plastic cover). I tried blow-drying it off but it won't come off. I tried washing it off but it won't come off. Any ideas?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sympathize.
I cut the hair of my SO and our dogs and those little short hairs lock into fabric.

Now I have the victim not wear any clothing during the haircut and jump right into the shower when done.

If being naked is out of the question perhaps they make capes of a breathable synthetic fabric that tiny hairs do not get stuck in.

ETA: http://www.amazon.com/Diane-Barber-Striped-Black-White/dp/B000YEQZ1K

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried tape? Electrical tape is pretty good, as are those rolls for pet hair. But, if its really gotten in there, you might have to resort to a pair of tweezers... :blackeye:

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1398190425|3657929 said:
I sympathize.
I cut the hair of my SO and our dogs and those little short hairs lock into fabric.

Now I have the victim not wear any clothing during the haircut and jump right into the shower when done.

If being naked is out of the question perhaps they make capes of a breathable synthetic fabric that tiny hairs do not get stuck in.

ETA: http://www.amazon.com/Diane-Barber-Striped-Black-White/dp/B000YEQZ1K

I do the same thing with DH -- naked in the bathroom then straight in shower

My grandmother does my grandfather's in the kitchen with his shirt off and a towel around his neck. It seems to work okay and isn't used for anything else.

Hair already on/in clothes is tough. Tape gets a lot. A cat brush can sometimes get a bit too.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PVC tape (the wide clear tape that's sold for packaging).

Woven fabrics don't collect hair the way knit fabrics do.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a lint roller thing that you can wash and reuse, so we use that a lot, but it's cat hair that we have an issue with. :lol: When JD shaves Trapper's head, he strips him down and does it in the shower, or we'll do it outside if it's nice but have him wear like a cotton tshirt and jean shorts or something that the hair won't cling to for dear life.

We shaved a two of the cats a month ago and I didn't pay attention to what JD was wearing...fleece jammie pants and a similar sweatshirt. I spent the entire weekend washing and rewashing his clothes and still couldn't get all the stupid fur out.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the lint brush, but if you have those swiffer cloths they should work as well.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have good luck using a lint brush. If that doesn't work I use packing tape.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results