shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever done or considered permanent makeup?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had permanent eyeliner done (just upper lids) about 4 or 5 months ago - hurt like hell and had to get touch up after a month BUT I love it! It's very subtle - just kinda gives my eyes a nice almond shape, looks like I'm wearing false lashes. Probably would have liked it to be a touch thicker but I was worried about going overboard so she filled in my eyelash line and then added a thin smooth line a fraction above. Apparently it will fade in about 6 years so I can just let it fade or choose to retouch it. It wasn't cheap but I insisted on going to the best place available - she had 12 years experience. Now I can just tint my eyelashes or wear mascara and I look all made up each day! Love it - saves heaps of time and no smudges! Pic below isn't me but shows what my eyes now look like.

eyeliner_Full_12185449_std.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1308838040|2952856 said:
Tacori E-ring|1308835557|2952837 said:
How timely! My MIL just got permanent eyeliner done.

Does it look nice? I'm intrigued. I'd never heard of this before I opened the thread! Well, eyebrow tattoos, but not lips or eye makeup.

I saw her on the day she got it done so it was hard to judge (her eyes were a bit puffy). I'll let you know when I see her again. I guess they start off really thin and add if the client wants it. My MIL said it didn't really hurt which surprised me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well ladies, I went to a place that does permanent eye-brow makeup and the girl volunteer to "draw" on eye-brows how
she thought mine should look. I *think* I liked them with a few changes...

- I didnt like the color she used...it had a lot of red in it and I would want more of a brownish color
- the brows she drew on were pretty squared off at the front (towards the nose) and I would prefer more
rounded
- I thought they needed to be thicker in the area before the arch happens but when she started to draw them on
thicker she started added to the top and I think she should have added to the bottom.

Anyway...here is a pic of the drawed on eye-brows. Please criticize and let me know what you think.

IMG_7718.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1313191496|2989704 said:
Well ladies, I went to a place that does permanent eye-brow makeup and the girl volunteer to "draw" on eye-brows how
she thought mine should look. I *think* I liked them with a few changes...

- I didnt like the color she used...it had a lot of red in it and I would want more of a brownish color
- the brows she drew on were pretty squared off at the front (towards the nose) and I would prefer more
rounded
- I thought they needed to be thicker in the area before the arch happens but when she started to draw them on
thicker she started added to the top and I think she should have added to the bottom.

Anyway...here is a pic of the drawed on eye-brows. Please criticize and let me know what you think.

Shameful bump because I need some opinions or you're going to force me to start a new thread!!! :bigsmile:
(see last post on eyebrows)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I didn't have any reaction to the color, but agree that they looked a little to squared off and, therefore, unnatural. The key is probably to make it look like it's natural and, to me, that looked a bit too much like it was make-up.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1313252562|2990064 said:
I didn't have any reaction to the color, but agree that they looked a little to squared off and, therefore, unnatural. The key is probably to make it look like it's natural and, to me, that looked a bit too much like it was make-up.

Agree. They don't look natural. Some of that is the rounding, but there's something else, possibly due to the perfection on the lines.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Are all the hairs from your natural eyebrow gone? You might want to find an old photo of you when you still had real eyebrows growing and match up the position and shape. (maybe a photo from your teen years?) That would be a good way to make a comparison to what looks natural and then go from there.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1313259563|2990136 said:
Are all the hairs from your natural eyebrow gone? You might want to find an old photo of you when you still had real eyebrows growing and match up the position and shape. (maybe a photo from your teen years?) That would be a good way to make a comparison to what looks natural and then go from there.

Thats a good idea...I didnt think of that. I still have some eyebrows left but as I've gotten older they seem to be all
disappearing. :(sad After I pluck the stragglers there arent too many left.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
My doubt is that while it may look great now, with age things sag. Truly permanent makeup could easily not look so hot then. And eyebrows -- what about when your hair turns gray -- you've got gray (or white) eyebrows w/tattoos underneath; it would definitely show. Seems like too far in the future to worry about...but tomorrow has a way of arriving before you can believe it! 8-) Styles change in makeup too -- a time is likely to come when eyeliner is O.U.T. & there somebody could be, stuck with it. I'm not nuts about depriving myself of choices when circumstances change.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1313274290|2990275 said:
My doubt is that while it may look great now, with age things sag. Truly permanent makeup could easily not look so hot then. And eyebrows -- what about when your hair turns gray -- you've got gray (or white) eyebrows w/tattoos underneath; it would definitely show. Seems like too far in the future to worry about...but tomorrow has a way of arriving before you can believe it! 8-)

I'm thinking by the time mine go gray, I wont have any left :(( . As far as the sagging goes...if I had any natural ones to speak
of they would also sag. :sick:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look good but agree about the ends being too squared off. The shape seems to compliment your face though. Have you thought about finding a make up or permanent make up forum and asking there? They might have more informed opinions than PSers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results