shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen Paranormal Activity...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 4:14:09 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Haven - It takes a lot to freak me out, scare me or anything. The Hills Have Eyes had me losing sleep..... that movie freaked me out.
At least I''m not alone!
Ugh, that movie was so grotesque, and scary, and horrifying, and UGH! I hate it.
But I still really want to see the original.
3.gif

Date: 10/15/2009 10:39:08 PM
Author: Haven
Date: 10/15/2009 4:14:09 PM

Author: dragonfly411

Haven - It takes a lot to freak me out, scare me or anything. The Hills Have Eyes had me losing sleep..... that movie freaked me out.

At least I''m not alone!

Ugh, that movie was so grotesque, and scary, and horrifying, and UGH! I hate it.

But I still really want to see the original.
3.gif

Oh man. That movie scared me so much!!!

I hate but LOVE scary movies. I normally watch the movie through my fingers and close my eyes or plug my ears... :D

Oh gawd. Just read the spoiler for it.

Nope. Nada. Will not see it. Scary scary scary. Crap. I''m scared from just reading it!!!!!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I closed my eyes for most of the ring.
i love a good cheesy guts and gore horror, always have, but anything "supernatural" creeps me out!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I cannot WAIT

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read the whole spoiler for Paranormal Activity. NO WAY am I seeing that.

Horror/slasher movies are one thing, but this sort of supernatural stuff I stay away from.
32.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AHAHAHAA to that link

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I saw Paranormal Activity last night and it was good, but I have to say... it wasn''t as scary/creepy as I thought it would be.
Yes it does have its moments, and it will make you jump, but I guess with all the hype that this movie is getting I was expecting more.
I would recommend it and I would watch it again.
I will be interested to see what others think
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 12:54:34 PM
Author: poshpepper
I saw Paranormal Activity last night and it was good, but I have to say... it wasn''t as scary/creepy as I thought it would be.
Yes it does have its moments, and it will make you jump, but I guess with all the hype that this movie is getting I was expecting more.
I would recommend it and I would watch it again.
I will be interested to see what others think
1.gif
WOW, someone that wasn''t scared. . .
23.gif

Did anyone ever see "The Changeling" with George C. Scott? When I saw that film, I was amazed by the fact that "The Ring" appeared to steal a lot of elements from that film. It was creepy as well (another ghost film).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, never seen it, but I looked it up on IMDB and looks good!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 10:10:13 AM
Author: ckrickett
I closed my eyes for most of the ring.
i love a good cheesy guts and gore horror, always have, but anything ''supernatural'' creeps me out!
I''m with you ckrickett, anything ''supernatural'' gives me the heebie-jeebies!!

And why was The Ring so bloomin scary?? Is it kids do you think? I was like inspector Clouseau after I saw that film waiting on Kato to jump out at me, talk about nervous.

I''ll probably watch this movie and of course wished I hadn''t. For me, it''s the music, so I tend to watch scary mary films with the sound down or on mute or with my fingers in my ears.

Also, doesn''t help when you have an overactive imagination.

*sigh*

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
seriously, I''m that jumpy reading the movie spoiler that I''m not reading it properly and have just asked myself:

"why does she want to call a dermatologist?"

............demonoligist
26.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t heard of this one, but safe to say I will be making Fi come along with me - I love me a scary movie.

Did the scary flick fans here see "Drag me to Hell"?
That was awesome!!! and pretty scary at times.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 2:12:30 AM
Author: arjunajane

Did the scary flick fans here see ''Drag me to Hell''?

I want to see that! It will be interesting to see if this movie will be scarier than PA.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to see this movie tonight and I was deeply disappointed. Too much hype, and as usual, they show way too much in movie trailers. There was one scene that was creepy to us, but I really couldn''t get emotionally involved. Maybe I''m too jaded. The whole time I was thinking of how they did effects and why were they using the camera at certain points that didn''t make sense at all.

What was really scary was when the couple in front of us got in a fight with the 4 people beside them as soon as the show was over! No ushers in sight and it was getting ugly.
40.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 2:26:19 AM
Author: poshpepper
Date: 10/18/2009 2:12:30 AM

Author: arjunajane

Did the scary flick fans here see ''Drag me to Hell''?

I want to see that! It will be interesting to see if this movie will be scarier than PA.

Honestly,
I''m a huge scary movie fan and literally have to drag Fi to go see them - but even he was impressed with Drag me to Hell, he really enjoyed it.
There was the right mix of proper scary, funny, gross/gory and a decent storyline - and actually really good acting from the girl and the old woman (not always the best acting in scary movies).
2.gif
I think that''s what put it up there.

I see all of them, and this was the best by far since The Ring - maybe better actually. So do see it
5.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 4:57:35 PM
Author: Po10472
seriously, I'm that jumpy reading the movie spoiler that I'm not reading it properly and have just asked myself:

'why does she want to call a dermatologist?'

............demonoligist
26.gif
I didn't even know that was a profession. LOL!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend from work saw it. He said it was "very scary."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own a copy of, "The Blair Witch project", but haven''t yet seen it! I got it to watch with my great-nephew, who also likes supernatural (not gory) horror movies but we haven''t had a chance to watch it. We have always been with people who don''t like horror movies when we have been together!

I also have copies of, "The Exorcist" and "Poltergeist" which I have seen and which scared me at the time I saw them. I am looking forward to seeing those again with my great nephew.

I never heard of, "The Ring". I don''t have any idea if it is my type of movie. "Paranormal Activity" sounds like a possibility, though.

I don''t know why people even mention slasher movies in the same breath with movies about the supernatural. The person who wants to be scared by the supernatural isn''t the same one who wants to watch someone being hacked into pieces. At least I cannot fathom why he would be!

AGBF
34.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom and I were talking about this movie the other day and she said there was a movie years ago, but she couldn''t remember the name exactly..she thinks it had Audrey Hepburn in it, and she played a blind woman who witnessed a crime. Mom said there were signs up at the theaters saying no admittance during the last 10 minutes b/c it was so incredibly suspenseful. She said it wasn''t scary like, things that go bump in the night, but made you want to scream b/c of the suspense, waiting for something to happen. I like those movies too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
10/22/2009 5:09:03 PM
Author: packrat

My mom and I were talking about this movie the other day and she said there was a movie years ago, but she couldn''t remember the name exactly..
That was, "Wait Until Dark" ;-).

AGBF
34.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 8:28:09 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
10/22/2009 5:09:03 PM

My mom and I were talking about this movie the other day and she said there was a movie years ago, but she couldn''t remember the name exactly..

That was, ''Wait Until Dark'' ;-).

AGBF

34.gif

Oh hey thanks Deb! Did you see it? Was it good?

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! BF and I saw this last night, we were terrified! Bloody, gory stuff doesn''t freak me out a ton but this kind of stuff scares me so much! I get soo into it.
When things started to get intense I had to not look directly at the screen.

Did anyone get freaked out by The Descent? That movie kept me freaked out for awhile!

BF and I are considering seeing Paranormal Activity again, we really enjoyed being freaked out so much!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pink, we borrowed The Descent from my mom and kept it for months w/out watching it. She told me not to watch it by myself, and that I would be even *more* scared of things in the dark..I made the mistake of mentioning that to JD and he said HECK NO. Mom brought the movie up again last week and said she''d watch it w/me..but I can''t bring myself to do it! Bock bock bock I''m a CHICKEN!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
10/26/2009 10:32:38 PM
Author: pinkstars

Oh my goodness! BF and I saw this last night, we were terrified! Bloody, gory stuff doesn't freak me out a ton but this kind of stuff scares me so much! I get soo into it.
When things started to get intense I had to not look directly at the screen.

(snip)

BF and I are considering seeing Paranormal Activity again, we really enjoyed being freaked out so much!

I found out that my 17 year-old daughter saw, "Paranormal Activity" with a friend and the friend's mother. My daughter was bored silly and the friend's mother fell asleep. I found it incredibly interesting to return to this thread and see that people here are still writing that they are frightened by the same movie that bored my daughter!!!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
10/22/2009 9:14:10 PM

Oh hey thanks Deb! Did you see it? Was it good?

I never saw, "Wait Until Dark", packrat. It wasn''t my thing. I enjoy movies about the supernatural, not about crime and the horrors that man can perpetrate against man.

AGBF
34.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies. Mostly hate, LOL! I just read the spoilers and now... I''m intrigued. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results