shape
carat
color
clarity

Had something really scary happen this morning

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
This is probably going to seem silly to you guys, but it has me pretty shaken. I am staying at my friends' house to dog sit their two dogs while they are in New York. The dogs stayed in the bedroom with the door closed with me last night. This morning I got up to let them out and the bigger one got halfway across the living room and started growling. I get to where he is and see this ....thing... on the floor by the back door. There was no thing last night. At first I couldn't tell what it was and I seriously thought it was a dead duck and started panicking in a big way because how did a dead duck get in the locked up house. Then I walked closer and realized it was a scare crow doll. Now here's the thing. The Scare crow doll was on the top of a shelf on the other side of the living room last night...... No one else is here....... How..... :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! How many more nights do you have to stay there?? :errrr:

Can someone come and stay with you?? I would have been freaked out too!

I remember when i was house sitting my mums place and the cat was acting funny so i decided to go to bed. I pulled the big curtain in the living room shut and as i walked away i heard it open back up with as much force as i closed it!! :errrr: I went straight to bed and slept with the covers over my head, lol. At least it is daylight for you now!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is scary!

Was a window open or any kind of draft happening? Could the doll have fallen to where it is now?
Is there anyone around that you know and could ask to help search the house with you if none of the explanations make sense about how the doll got to where it is?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Seriously... I have goose bumps all over. I absolutely believe in ghosts/spirits and I have had things like this happen to me before. Very unsettling! :errrr: :errrr:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Years ago I had a friend (still have her but she's moved since then) who had this doll she kept on her entertainment center and that thing was constantly moving, usually while she was at work, occasionally at night. Once it happened while her back was turned but she didn't actually see it move. She started keeping it in her room but the one day she left the door open she found it in the same place in her lr it would always go to (and couldn't fall to). Once she moved the doll was fine... and after the first few times she was more annoyed than worried - but ultimately super perplexed. You don't want to believe in anything that could possibly do that and yet....

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
There are no open windows. I made sure EVERYTHING was closed and locked last night, and blinds were closed. Nothing else is out of place, or changed. There is no way it would have been able to fall and land there without something forcing it across the room. I searched the house with the dogs, everything else is the same.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Mice knocking it off the shelf? Or very large cockroaches?

ETA: Seriously, mice could push it off the shelf and could conceivably drag it around the floor, too. What's it made of? Something mice might like to munch on?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Portree|1289655084|2764275 said:
Mice knocking it off the shelf? Or very large cockroaches?

ETA: Seriously, mice could push it off the shelf and could conceivably drag it around the floor, too. What's it made of? Something mice might like to munch on?

Is this a possibility? It sounds reasonable.

If you cannot figure out a reasonable possibility I would be afraid to stay there another night. But I am a scaredy cat like that.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think it would have to be a rat... the body is wooden. It is roughly the size of a crow, or small duck. The other thing that baffles me is the dogs never barked last night. They bark if the light moves wrong in the window lol. It's just weird and scary.

I don't think it'll stop me from staying here. I've had weird things like that happen. But I am going to let them know when they get home. I'm really paranoid. I'm paranoid about people getting in. I'm paranoid about supernatural phenomena.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Can you say "I'm outta here", do not pass go, do not collect $100. yikes!!! Rodents or creepy spirits, I think it is time to leave.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How scary! I would have been out of there with the dogs and running back to my house! :errrr:

dragonfly411|1289658859|2764322 said:
I think it would have to be a rat... the body is wooden. It is roughly the size of a crow, or small duck. The other thing that baffles me is the dogs never barked last night. They bark if the light moves wrong in the window lol. It's just weird and scary.

I don't think it'll stop me from staying here. I've had weird things like that happen. But I am going to let them know when they get home. I'm really paranoid. I'm paranoid about people getting in. I'm paranoid about supernatural phenomena.

Um holy crap. Scary. I couldn't handle that.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
There's probably some really logical explanation but if the doll starts talking I'd leave.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps she was going to see Toy Story 3.

Seriously, I'd be freaked too but there has got to be a logical explanation. Err, HOPE to be a logical explanation. Rat, maybe, Could it have been tipped off the shelf and hit the side of a pillow, couch, etc and bounced to it's found position? Could it have rolled?

Keep the dogs in your room at night. And, if it was me, I'd put the doll in a closet.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu|1289660429|2764354 said:
There's probably some really logical explanation but if the doll starts talking I'd leave.

HA! Yeah I'm sure it's nothing, but that is super creepy when you're staying in an unfamiliar place!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decogirl|1289659077|2764327 said:
Can you say "I'm outta here", do not pass go, do not collect $100. yikes!!! Rodents or creepy spirits, I think it is time to leave.

No kidding! :errrr:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
That's creepy! And even more so because of the dog's negative reaction. I don't really believe in paranormal activity, but i'd be pitching the doll in he trash... or locking it up in a drawer until the homeowners are back. Keep those doggies close!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Got some white sage to smudge the place with? Pans of salt?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1289659227|2764330 said:
How scary! I would have been out of there with the dogs and running back to my house! :errrr:

Imagine if she went back to her home with the dogs, opened the door and found the doll waiting for her there, lol :lol:

But seriously...i'd be extremely scared too...
Once my dad went to our summer house alone and he found things on the floor...there was no sign of burglary or anything of the sort and nothing was missing. He put everything back to its place and went upstairs to the bedroom to sleep. Next morning he wakes up and as he approaches the staircase he sees an e n o r m o u s owl sitting on the top of the stairs and staring at him :lol: He figured that it fell down from the fireplace chimney and couldn't get out since everything was locked! She was responsible for the things which had moved and no ghosts were involved!!! Most probably there's a similar logical explanation to the doll story!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I was out and about yesterday so couldn't answer back. We still have no clear answer for the doll. Home owners got home yesterday afternoon which was earlier than expected so I didn't have to stay last night. I would have regardless because they are my dear friends and I love their doggies. It did creep me out though.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
df~ While I'm glad you didn't have to stay another night, I must admit, I'm disappointed. I was really looking forward to an update! I was envisioning a creeping doll thread for the next few days. :wacko:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gah, I'd have wet myself. Did you tell them what happened? What did they say?

My brother and I DIG ghostie stuff, but I'm smart enough to not read/watch it b/c then I can't sleep. My brother scares himself sleepless and has to leave lights on. Knowing this, our friends used to sneak into his apartment constantly (he never locked the door, plus I had a key anyway) and do things while he was sleeping (sleeps like a rock) or in the shower..the most often joke of choice was to turn the tv on its side. Get home from work, tv on its side. He'd right it, take a shower and come back out to see the tv on its side. Also, shining a red penlight thru the keyhole was a fun time. And sneaking in to toss things at him and run away all stealthy. (I tossed an empty pop can onto him one night when he was up super late one night reading a Haunted in America book, and was amazed that when scared someone can actually go from lying prone/flat on the floor to standing up right w/out bending their legs or arms, just pop right up off the floor.)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Packrat - They had no explanation for what happened, and seemed very confused. At first she wasn't sure of what doll I was talking about, but then remembered.

SS - Don't worry, creepy things happen to me a lot. I'll let you know if one does again. :shock:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I would be spooked!!!!! You are brave to stay!

Packrat, I am ROFLMAO at your pranks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:appl: BRAVA!!!! BRAVA!!!!!! :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That really gives me the shivers DF. They didn't have any thoughts on how it could've happened? You didn't want to spend the night on the couch and see if the scarecrow decided to make a run for it again tonight? EEK!

Bliss-haha got him tonight when he didn't log out of FB on my computer. Oh how I love my brother!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Packrat!!!!!!! Oh I saw that and I was DYING OF LAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNICORN? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your pranks are legendary...just brilliant...so delightful!!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sorry for the threadjack! Just had to... express my awe and admiration for such cleverness!!!!!!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Packrat - They came home early, so I didn't have to stay Saturday night. They couldn't think of anything logical considering it was across the room and up high. I mean, the one dog is big, but not that big and again, both dogs were shut in the bedroom with me. It gave me the serious heebie jeebies.

Truly I was more panicked when I originally thought it was a dead bird. I was sure someone was in the house and about to murder me. It was like out of a horror movie. I walked slowly through the house, checking every nook and cranny. I looked for anything else out of place. All of the doors and windows were still closed and locked. I'm super paranoid so had even locked the door that comes in from the garage. Nothing else was out of place. The dogs never barked in the night but they were growling and hair raised when they saw it on the floor the next morning.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you house sit for them again? Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and it reminds me of the time I had at a house when nobody was home and no possible way for anyone to have made noise. Things like that scare the crap out of me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results