shape
carat
color
clarity

guys and rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Anyone's husband/fiance/bf NOT want to wear a wedding ring?? How do you feel about that? Would you let him not wear a wedding band or make him?

My honey hates wearing rings. I got him a cheap silver ring before and he wore it for maybe a month? He complains that he doesn't want to wear a wedding ring when we get married because it's annoying. He said other guys at work agree!

My cousin and his wife both don't wear wedding bands. I don't think there's anything wrong with it...it's just that I want MY husband to wear a ring. I find guys wearing a ring attractive! By that I do NOT mean I find married men attractive. =P Just MY guy. ;-)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband does not wear a wedding band. We''ve been married 18 years now and It does''nt bother me one bit. However when the subject came up at first and he told me he did''nt want to wear jewelry of any kind I knew I was in a losing battle!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I don''t think its a big deal. If a guy doesn''t like jewelry, it just might not be his style. Do whatever feels comfortable for both of you.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My husband does not wear one. I''ve never liked jewelry on men, so I''m glad he doesn''t. I did get him a wedding band when we got married because he wanted one but it got too tight and he stopped wearing it. I was glad.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iv bought myself one but years ago when I tried to wear my class ring it bothered me and I never got used to it after a month so I didnt wear it.

My wifey2b is kewl with it if I cant wear it but im going to try because its the right thing to do.

imho unless the job makes it too dangerous to wear rings or there are other medical/health reasons not too both parties owe it to each other to at least try.

btw. trying to make him wear it would not be a real good way to start a marriage.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/11/2005 8
6.gif
6.gif
3 PM
Author:snlee

Anyone''s husband/fiance/bf NOT want to wear a wedding ring?? How do you feel about that? Would you let him not wear a wedding band or make him?

My honey hates wearing rings. I got him a cheap silver ring before and he wore it for maybe a month? He complains that he doesn''t want to wear a wedding ring when we get married because it''s annoying. He said other guys at work agree!

My cousin and his wife both don''t wear wedding bands. I don''t think there''s anything wrong with it...it''s just that I want MY husband to wear a ring. I find guys wearing a ring attractive! By that I do NOT mean I find married men attractive. =P Just MY guy. ;-)

I think it''s a personal preference and being a guy I don''t wear mine at work, but put it on when I get home. Depending on occupation a guy can be really hard on a ring.

I would however make him wear it if he was going out with his buddies to a "singles" party...
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Some things come in their own time. My Hubby didn''t wear a WB for the first 14 or 15 years we were married. He simply didn''t wanna wear any jewelry/rings at all. And he didn''t. At first it bothered me. I wanted him to wear a wedding ring. But I didn''t push and really gave up on the whole idea for a long long time. Then, one year, I had no clue what to get him as a Christmas gift. I was in a jewelry store and they had this heavy YG band with 3 little channel set diamonds. We have 3 kids, all April birthdays. Diamond is the birth stone for April so I got that WB for him as a Christmas gift. He put it on on Christmas day and has worn it ever since.
1.gif

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
When Bachelor Bob got married his wife(Greenlee from All My Children) gave him a ''wedding bracelet''. I think it''s like those Cartier bracelets that your loved one screws onto you and keeps the itty bitty screwdriver.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
The bracelet thing sounds cool--not for my bf!--but cool in a gadget-y way. (I happen to think that Bachelor Bob is a massive cheese-ball, so maybe that''s coloring my opinion
2.gif
)

I guess I''m a brat. I would have a problem with my bf not wearing a WB and luckily he seems to want to wear one.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
We''ve been married almost 16 years. I talked him into yellow gold matching bands and he wore his for years until he caught it playing basketball and hurt his finger really bad. His finger never went back to it''s original size and the ring got warped so he just hasn''t worn it. He wears a silver celtic band I got him sometimes, but not to work or play sports.
2.gif
It used to bother me but it doean''t anymore. We still have his ring and sometimes I wear it on my thumb. It''s sentimental. I lost my original band very early on when my then two-year-old flushed it down the toilet.

andreadawn

Rough_Rock
When my fiance and I first started dating nearly 4 years ago I had a 14k WG etched mens wedding band that was given to me as a partial payment to a job that was done for them and I had no need for it so I gave it to him. It''s the only ring he owns and he hasn''t taken it off since he put it on. I try to steal it, I can''t
7.gif
I can''t even get him to take it off to try on wedding bands. I feel bad because he never takes his off.. and I hardly wear my ring - Sorry I know this was exactly what you didnt ask for but figured I''d share anyways

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
My h2b does not like jewelry of any kind. He has several chains but never ever wears them because he said he feels dumb. He did say that he will wear a wedding band but only if it''s super thin. His explanation is that when you don''t ever wear jewelry and then all of a sudden you have a ring on your finger is bothers the heck out of ya...kind of like your socks getting bunched up under your toes in your shoes. So, I can understand his point of view but I''m happy that he''s going to wear one.
1.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I understand that it might bother someone at first, but just like anything else (except maybe bunched up socks) you will get used to it if you wear it long enough. If you have never worn jewelry and then get a thick, heavy ring...of course it will feel funny at first. But if you wear it continuously and don''t take it off, soon you will not notice it as much. Then you will get to the point that you notice if you are NOT wearing it.

My point being...not wearing a WR because it "feels strange" sounds like an excuse to me. If it can''t be worn to work, for safety reasons, that is one thing. But it can be worn at all other times.

My ex-husband didn''t wear his at work because he was a heavy equipment mechanic, but he put it on as soon as he clocked out each day and didn''t take it off until he clocked in to work the next day.
16.gif
He had never worn a ring before, not even a class ring.

My current husband had never worn ANY type of jewelry before we started dating. For Christmas the first year we were together I bought him a gold rope chain with a pendant of his favorite football team. At that time I didn''t know about his not wearing jewelry. He put it on and hasn''t taken it off since, except to be cleaned and when he showers.
33.gif
Months later he told me how he wasn''t a jewelry person and had never worn any before. Of course, being the person I am, I had to change that.
9.gif
When we got engaged I gave him a man''s diamond ring with a .33 carat diamond. He would wear it when we went out but not normally. I accepted that it wasn''t his style. I just wanted him to have a diamond too...it was only fair. He had no problem wearing a gold WR and only takes it off when he takes his chain off. I am buying him a new titanium ring for our 5th wedding anniversary and I expect it will be the same for this one too.

To sum up my rambling, maybe if he tries wearing a ring for a few weeks he will find he doesn''t mind it. You could always get a titanium ring, which will weigh less than gold or platinum. Also, don''t get him a comfort fit band, as it will be heavier than a regular band. Stress to him how important it is to you that he wears a WR and how it makes you feel that he doesn''t want to wear one. Maybe he doesn''t realize what it means to you.

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

My husband does not wear a wedding band. My father didn''t either and I was of the thinking as a child growing up that men didn''t wear bands as readily as they seem to now. I did insist that my husband wear a band when we had our first child, so he put on his grandfather''s old band and that lasted about a month. I never insist anymore. He is so NOT into jewelry so that''s it.

Suz

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2005 10:14:42 PM
Author: Patty
My husband does not wear one. I've never liked jewelry on men, so I'm glad he doesn't. I did get him a wedding band when we got married because he wanted one but it got too tight and he stopped wearing it. I was glad.
1.gif
patty
bite your tongue
27.gif
wash your mouth with soap
38.gif
9.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
My husband never wore any jewelry until we got married. He wears a fairly thin (4 mm) Scott Kay brushed platinum band. He loves wearing it...I know that because he lost it on the beach at night the day after Thanksgiving last year. I, being the wonderful wife that I am, found it. But while we were searching he kept saying I have to find it...I love that ring!!! klr

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 9:35:43 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/11/2005 10:14:42 PM
Author: Patty
My husband does not wear one. I''ve never liked jewelry on men, so I''m glad he doesn''t. I did get him a wedding band when we got married because he wanted one but it got too tight and he stopped wearing it. I was glad.
1.gif
patty
bite your tongue
27.gif
wash your mouth with soap
38.gif
9.gif
I know, I''m sorry, but it''s the cold hard truth.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t like to wear rings. Hurts my fingers when they get squished against it. I''m kinda boney so there''s nothing to cushion it. I''ll wear it at first, but we''ll see how it goes after that. I''d be willing to get a tatoo of a wedding band if it''s really important to her.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, that''s the best one yet!! it hurts to wear a wedding band! ......i''m sure it does
2.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Just my opinion, but it is really important to me that my future hubby wears a w.b. My father has never taken his off (married 40 years) and I remember how upset my Grandfather was when he had to stop wearing his...I just think that wearing one, even if it takes a little getting used to, means a lot. My BF and I just recently had the ring conversation and he said he would really want to wear one, so YEAH!

Snlee- I''m with you, I think that when a guy wears a wb it''s very attractive- I''m happy for my girl friends who have hubbys that love their rings

and since I''ve been divorced 10 years, I think not wearing one is false advertising!!!
3.gif

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
I told my wife before we got married that I was not going to wear a wedding ring. I had acouple of rings before and I did not like them. They are uncomfortable. She said she doesn''t have a problem with it. I think that women who insist their husbands wear a ring are very insecure in the relationship.

snlee

Ideal_Rock

I think all guys could wear a ring if they wanted to. The comfort excuse doesn''t work for me. It may take some time getting used to but after awhile you won''t even notice it! I''m planning on getting him a thin wb...

HAMMER, I have to disagree with you. Although I''m not married, I don''t think women who insist their husbands wear a ring are very insecure in the relationship. Wanting your husband to wear a wb has nothing to do with how insecure/secure you are with your relationship!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
My husband wears his daily, doesn''t ever take it off. I''m very cool with this and am glad he likes wearing it. My dad on the other hand, hates rings and jewelry and "lost" his when he was married to my mom. When he married my stepmom, they decided to go with a wedding watch. She got her ring, he now wears a watch she picked out for him. I think this is fair, however I would be bummed a little if I were her. Oh well, I guess its not fair to force someone to wear something they are not comfortable with.

Thats funny that it was mentioned how men wearing rings are attractive! My DH has remarked that since weve been married and he wears his ring, he gets hit on more than when he was single!! Why do some women find this so appealing? Is it the whole ''forbidden fruit'' thing?
33.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
My DH loves his w-ring. To him it''s a visible symbol of our marriage, just as my w-ring is for me.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
H2b does not want to wear a ring. At first I was kind of offended but I''m over it. He doesn''t like any kind of jewelry, even a watch. I told him that we could get him a ring just to wear for special occasions (ie going out to a nice dinner).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how come i don''t hear you girls use the "comfort excuse" that would save the guy''s a lot of money.seems like(for most women) the more rings they have on their fingers the more comfortable it feels.
2.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
I''l drop my pennys worth in here...

i''ve always found rings uncomfortable, weither they be properly fitting or not... they hurt, specialy round the web of skin between the fingers.

I want to wear my wedding band when the time comes. but if it becomes a problem, i plan on wearing it on a chain round my neck.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Good Lord, Summerisle! If you''ve got webbed fingers, I would hope "she" would cut you some slack in wearing a ring!
26.gif

But seriously folks - I wore my wedding band only a few weeks until I lost it and I haven''t worn one since - that was 42 years ago - Oh, and my wife (of 42 years) hasn''t worn a wedding band for almost as long, but she did wear her ER for about 6 years until the diamond went down a sewer grate in NYC - she was a bit miffed because she was the one who paid for it when we got engaged!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I knew my husband hated jewelry before we got married. He was the type of guy that would take his watch off (the only piece of "jewelry" he ever wore) off as soon as he walked in the door. So I wasn''t totally offended when my husband said he probably wouldn''t wear his wedding band all the time. We''ve been married almost 6 years and he wears his band to work (or the store, or wherever we go) and takes it off as soon as we get home. However, he gets really upset when I don''t wear mine around the house all day! Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results