shape
carat
color
clarity

Guilty Pleasures

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Time to fess up!

What are some of your guilty pleasures? :naughty: What are some of the things you are a bit ashamed to admit you do, but that you just can't seem to live without doing? I'm talking shows you watch, food you eat, activities you partake in?

I'll get things rolling a bit...

I LOVE watching Real Housewives of New Jersey and Jersey Shore.
I watch Jewelry television - sometimes for quite a long time :lol:
Is Celine Dion a guilty pleasure? I guess it depends what circle you belong to...

I am sure there are more things I have hidden deep in the recesses of my mind - things that are too shameful to admit :saint:.

Now it is your turn!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
hmm--I love to eat Edy's Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie ice cream from the container.

I watch GemShoppingNetwork while I'm on the computer. And I watch the Golden Girls every nite

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Amber St. Clare said:
hmm--I love to eat Edy's Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie ice cream from the container.

I watch GemShoppingNetwork while I'm on the computer. And I watch the Golden Girls every nite
Love that show. It was on when I was in labor with my now 24 yo son. A classic.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
I watch NCIS (NOT NCIS Los Angeles! :nono: ) for 3 hours almost every weeknight and sometimes the marathons on weekends :errrr: It is definitely a guilty pleasure, but I love it :sun: !

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I browse conspiracy theories and unsolved mysteries online. I also like to freak myself looking at "spirit photography" and I really enjoy being completely juvenile and eating Saltines with peanut butter while I watch South Park.

What a rich, full life I do lead!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually she was eating a bowl of Fruit Loops, but the pic is how I feel when I eat Home Made Ice Cream.

drool.jpg

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Ice cream. All kinds, all times of day.
Sometimes BF and I go around the corner to Dairy Queen at 10 pm in our pj's.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's gross, kenny. eeeuww.

I love the Gemshoppingnetwork! That is one of my guilty pleasures! My other is watching the Closer in the middle of the day.
It's on at 11 am and I dvr it and watch it minus the commercials. I don't care if I have seen a episode over and over, I still love it.

les12

Shiny_Rock
When I saw the title, I was going to say Real Housewives of New Jersey also :oops:

But my guiltiest pleasure has to be these homemade cookies: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/alexis-brown-sugar-chocolate-chip-cookies

They call for a whole pound of butter!! and unfortunately it makes enough for about a million cookies so it takes forever to run out of them (thus, you have to eat several of them every day for days on end!!) Did I mention the dough itself is to-die-for?! Ahhhh I want some now!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
OK... this is a strange one :shock: - one that I forgot until I came home from work tonight and flipped on the ol' tube to one of my go to guilty pleasures:

Jose Luis Sin Censura

This is the Spanish language equivalent of the Jerry Springer Show. The only problem is... I don't speak Spanish. :confused:

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Keeping up with the Kardashians.
Real Housewives (any of them but especially the original).
York Peppermint Patties and/or Junior Mints.
Spending an entire day in my pajamas and glasses and not moving farther from the couch than to the kitchen or the bathroom.
Cheesy Bread from Pizza Hut or Dominos.
Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light (I'm probably going to grow a third ear from all the aspartame).
Drinking champagne with nothing to celebrate.
Pina coladas when I'm nowhere near a beach and it's the dead of winter.
Soft Batch cookies.
Putting way too much soft cheese (brie, Philly, boursin) on a piece of bread/cracker... or eating it w/o bread/crackers at all.

ETA: Kenny, I'm not sure that's drool.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Travel Goddess said:
ETA: Kenny, I'm not sure that's drool.

Here's the whole pic.

luv fruit loops.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so bad! :bigsmile:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
My most guilty pleasure:

Doing absolutely nothing at all for hours. I don't know I learned to avoid doing anything, but it's a gift. I like to wait until I find myself eating tapioca with a fork before I decide that maybe it's time to wash some dishes so I have a clean spoon.

That could have been me in Kenny's picture trying to eat fruit loops with a fork. :)

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I have one from this week...I made homemade butter icing just to eat by itself! I decided last minute to bake a cake but the icing was never put on the cake - except for one piece I put on a plate and mounded icing as high as the cake. It was a crazy craving like Must. Have. Icing. I have to admit I didn't feel so good afterwards but it was total bliss before feeling barfy.

Oh! And I love to eat condensed milk. Grosses out hubby.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, 90210 and...gaming - playing Guild Wars. Yep - I'm a gamer. :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Bubble Tea, for sure..I know it must be soo bad for me...but I'm thinking about going to get one now :lol:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
Bubble Tea, for sure..I know it must be soo bad for me...but I'm thinking about going to get one now :lol:
thanks
alot naughty thread- I ended up going and getting a large mango bubble tea with sago and mango jelly-yum! But now I sure feel bloated ;-)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane said:
arjunajane said:
thanks
alot naughty thread- I ended up going and getting a large mango bubble tea with sago and mango jelly-yum! But now I sure feel bloated ;-)
I had never heard of this! I had to Google it. Sounds very interesting. I'll have to put it on my list of things to try!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My Guilty Pleasures:
Ice Cream - especially Toasted Coconut
Horror books
horror movies
chocolate
pizza mmmmm
french fries with ranch dressing
purses
boots
plaid/flannel shirts... I love them... and have aquired 5 new ones in the past week. I already had 7?8? in my closet
camoflage - belts, purses, clothes, you name it... I love it
ugh hats - I have 10808503203025308232323 john deere and browning hats
the hills - I know I know
steak n shake :lickout:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
arjunajane said:
arjunajane said:
thanks
I had never heard of this! I had to Google it. Sounds very interesting. I'll have to put it on my list of things to try!

Hey TG...oohhh, I'm torn between telling you to "yes, try it!" or, "No, don't!", because they are addictive.. :bigsmile:
However, I think its also a love or hate thing - my Fi really doesn't like when I get them, but he doesn't have as much
of a sweet tooth as I .

I will say, they are greatly refreshing in summer and you can also customize everything (ie. less sugar, no jelly, just green tea with fruit flavour) and so on.. so perhaps I will encourage you to try it after all - let us know if you like it! :wavey:

Other guilty pleasures:
ice cream , of course
discovering an awesome tv drama series, hiring all the DVD's and spending the weekend on the couch with Fi to watch the lot (for example, The Wire or DeadWood).
Hot chocolate - recently a bunch of stores that sell Spanish hot chocolate, just like a coffee shop, have popped up around my area..dangerous.. :sick:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
UGH, Kenny! I will never look at a box of Fruit Loops the same way again!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Some of mine:

Sitting in Barnes and Noble reading those silly weekly magazines about celebrities while drinking iced tea and eating a very large cookie....
Making chocolate chip cookie dough, then just eating the dough and not making the cookies....
Making cream-cheese frosting and eating it on graham crackers...

CSI Miami : I love the guy who wears the white shirt and tie, :love: yum. Plus, why do I like that Horatio character (that VOICE !) ?????

I love NCIS too and Criminal Minds (WHY do I like REEEED ?!?!?!?)

Buying pretty nailpolishes and then not wearing them (WHY ?????)

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
oranges said:
I watch NCIS (NOT NCIS Los Angeles! :nono: ) for 3 hours almost every weeknight and sometimes the marathons on weekends :errrr: It is definitely a guilty pleasure, but I love it :sun: !

NCIS is SOOOOOOO GOOOD!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
My guilty pleasure TV is:

Real Housewives of NY,JERSEY and DC. Not a fan of the others.

Watching Marathons of LAW AND ORDER, HOUSE and CRIMINAL MINDS (not embarrassed of the shows but the marathons I would sit and watch...I can do this every weekend)

Americas Next Top Model

As for foods..I don't really have any. I'm not really stuck on one thing

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Fast food french fries. I don't eat fast food, and as a "veggie" I really abhor the methods by which fast foods joints get their beef & chicken... But the french fries are SOOOOO good. The more salt, the better. I can feel myself swelling up just thinking about them :lickout: ;)) I probably get them six times a year? Totally worth the fat & calories!!

Really awful TLC/Discovery/A&E/Animal Planet Shows. I mean... Intervention, Hoarders, Obsessed, Animal Hoarders, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant or anything having to do with having 20 kids.

Jim Brickman's music. Piano solos! DH thinks I'm super-lame, and usually I listen to only indie rock or classic rock... but there will always be a place in my heart for Jim Brickman. :love:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Pils- Animal Hoarders makes me cry.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Crime-related tv (Law & Order, Criminal Minds, NCIS, etc) And I, too, loooooove Reed!

Fashion magazines, including the bridal ones. DH can't fathom why I still buy bridal magazines almost two years after our wedding.

Glass of wine, something chocolate, and Elton John, preferably while sitting on the couch wrapped up in an afghan. I don't sound 26, ha!

Secretly doing something gross while on the phone, like pumicing calluses or something.

80s hair bands. My friends listen to stuff like Black Eyed Peas to get hyped up for a night out; I put on Twisted Sister. I'm starting to think Mom fed me paint chips as a child. :wacko:

Ritz crackers plus cheese to be eaten standing in the kitchen, usually around 3 am.

Any tv show pertaining to fashion--America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, etc.

Sex and the City. I have seen the entire series about 60 times and pretty much have it memorized.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results