shape
carat
color
clarity

Granite cleaner

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I've been cleaning my granite with a regular all purpose cleaner and learned that I should be cleaning it with something that reseals. Any suggestions? I've purchased a few cleaners so far and they don't wipe away clean.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have been using ZEP Marble, Granite and Quartz cleaner (in a blue pump bottle) from Home Depot. It cleans and polishes in one step and it seems to be working fine. Natural granite is supposed to be resealed yearly --- according to the granite contractors I've dealt with --- but my counter is 12 years old and have NEVER resealed it, just used this product and I'm happy with the results!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My understanding is that sealer is something you put on once a year or so, maybe less or more depending on how well your granite counter was originally sealed and how porous your granite is. Different types of granite have different levels of porosity. My granite installer recommended that I clean it with a solution that is half water, half rubbing alcohol. I make it myself in a spray bottle and use it for the granite counters as well as the stainless steel appliances, including the cooktop. It's cheap and effective.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use the granite cleaner by Method that is sold at Target. You need to be careful with cleaners because some say on the bottle that they should not have food placed on them until they are totally try, they can be toxic.

We polish every week or so with whatever polish we have on hand, after all the cooking is done for the day and all the dishes are in the dishwasher.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1325209871|3091113 said:
I use the granite cleaner by Method that is sold at Target. You need to be careful with cleaners because some say on the bottle that they should not have food placed on them until they are totally try, they can be toxic.

We polish every week or so with whatever polish we have on hand, after all the cooking is done for the day and all the dishes are in the dishwasher.

Ditto to the Method granite cleaner. I used that for my daily cleaning and used a cleaner that came in an aerosol spray can weekly to polish it and make it shine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results