Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
That is insane!! THe poor woman :razz:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Unbelievable. :nono:

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am speechless and horrified. That is very upsetting and disturbing. The threats are what worried me, coupled with the pictures of the house, the endless phone calls, the promise of rape and worse...thats so far over the top it's not even rational.

Oh, and I'm sorry, since when is contacting someones CC company and pretending to be them in order to retract a claim NOT CC fraud? He SHOULD be in prison for threats and CC fraud, case closed.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's appalling, but it's true. I've talked to at least one online vendor who doesn't give a damn what's being said about the company, so long as it's being said; it's like the most literal possible interpretation of it not mattering what people say about you, so long as your name is on their lips.

That said, I think the guy in the article is a sadistic and repugnant example of a human being. I think he *should* be liable under the law for his actions. My solution, in two parts: 1) legal reform to criminalize online and spoken threats, cyber-stalking, and the like, and, 2) convincing Google to change their algorithms. If their motto is to not be evil, they need to take it into account that at least a certain percentage of their subjects ... are. How you'd game something like that, I don't know: but it can't be that hard to factor the words "unscrupulous," "cheated," or "unsatisfied" vs. "please," "ecstatic," and "overjoyed" to give some kind of a percentage rating beside your results.

In the meantime, we should all do our research, of course ... but I doubt I'd foresee the possibility of something like this when placing a run-of-the-mill order. Who would?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG, it makes you think twice about doing business over the internet doesn't it?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1291146144|2783103 said:
It's appalling, but it's true. I've talked to at least one online vendor who doesn't give a damn what's being said about the company, so long as it's being said; it's like the most literal possible interpretation of it not mattering what people say about you, so long as your name is on their lips.

That said, I think the guy in the article is a sadistic and repugnant example of a human being. I think he *should* be liable under the law for his actions. My solution, in two parts: 1) legal reform to criminalize online and spoken threats, cyber-stalking, and the like, and, 2) convincing Google to change their algorithms. If their motto is to not be evil, they need to take it into account that at least a certain percentage of their subjects ... are. How you'd game something like that, I don't know: but it can't be that hard to factor the words "unscrupulous," "cheated," or "unsatisfied" vs. "please," "ecstatic," and "overjoyed" to give some kind of a percentage rating beside your results.

In the meantime, we should all do our research, of course ... but I doubt I'd foresee the possibility of something like this when placing a run-of-the-mill order. Who would?

Everything Circe said.

Agggggh. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

What I'm actually MOST angry about is how NO ONE stepped up to help that poor woman - not Citibank, not the police, etc. I mean, hello?!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Rae~|1291677790|2789226 said:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: YEAH! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love NYC, it's actually a very small town, but with a lot of people. (That makes perfect sense if you've spent time there.) So it makes sense that someone who read the local paper, and had the power to throw him in jail, did exactly that.

I hope they throw the book at this @$$hole. :appl:

Steal's One Wish thread must be working, since a couple of us wished for Karma to hurry up and do it's thing and it seems to have caught up with this loser.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results