shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun idea for kids?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great! I love it! Now I have to do it. LOL.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
redwood66|1483212557|4111125 said:
That is great! I love it! Now I have to do it. LOL.
I am having it for lunch with fresh baked rolls.
I didn't use the salt because it was the first time I made it that way and wanted to try it.

My Grandma had a very old machine that worked on the same principle.
I would say late 1800s to early 1900s.
Was even better with fresh cream right out of the cow.
Let the cream float to the top, skim it off with a slotted spoon and make it right into butter.
She added salt salt and other things to it before making it.
I wish I had the recipe but more than likely there never was a written recipe.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yummy

rolls.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's cool! I actually have cream in the fridge, so we are going to try that in the morning! The kids will love it! Thanks for sharing Karl! Now I need the recipe for those yummy looking rolls!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yennyfire|1483241931|4111247 said:
That's cool! I actually have cream in the fridge, so we are going to try that in the morning! The kids will love it! Thanks for sharing Karl! Now I need the recipe for those yummy looking rolls!
ssshhh they are actually frozen bread dough rolls from save a lot.
They can't keep them in stock here, they keep upping the order and they still sell out in hours so they are not easy to find even in a normal month here.
Some frozen bread dough is nasty but these are awesome.
The regular frozen bread loaf dough they carry is a different brand and is ok but not as good.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Grissom's mills dinner rolls is what it says on the bag.
They have to thaw and rise for 4 hours or so before cooking depending on the temperature.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1483245653|4111254 said:
They have to thaw and rise for 4 hours or so before cooking depending on the temperature.
Hmm. We live in the Southeast and I've never seen Grissom's here. They sure do look good though! We made our very own butter this afternoon to go on the biscuits I made to accompany homemade clam chowder. Our arms were definitely tired, but it was totally worth it! We did add a bit of salt after it was "churned" and it made it even better!! Move over Land'O Lakes!! LOL!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun to hear yenny! :lol:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yennyfire|1483319164|4111464 said:
Karl_K|1483245653|4111254 said:
Hmm. We live in the Southeast and I've never seen Grissom's here. They sure do look good though! We made our very own butter this afternoon to go on the biscuits I made to accompany homemade clam chowder. Our arms were definitely tired, but it was totally worth it! We did add a bit of salt after it was "churned" and it made it even better!! Move over Land'O Lakes!! LOL!!
awesome! glad you enjoyed it!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results