color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1485883695|4122338 said:
missy|1485292332|4119188 said:
One of my issues with these samples is that they aren't spray samples. I find it much easier to wear spray samples as I can get more of the fragrance that way if that makes sense. With the little tube samples I never seem to really get enough of the perfume for a wearing. I don't know why I just don't apply more lol which is obviously what I have to do. I already have trouble with longevity due to my dry skin no matter how well I moisturize and a spray sample is just easier for me.

I like spray samples better as well! Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like it opens up the scent, vs. dabbing. I looked at the little spray tops I get on my Sephora samples and they seem like they'd fit into the vials (might look a bit awkward) so I was debating trying to google and see if I can find some cheaply and then just swap out the tops.

Its not your imagination at all. today's perfumes are meant to be sprayed.

Today I'm wearing Amouage Memoir woman. I love this scent. I have the EDP but tend to love the Extrait version so much more. Its a total bomb but a rounder, deeper experience) Will hate when my bottle is gone :(

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use this company for decant supplies

http://www.affwebshop.com/

They also have an ebay store. The ebay store is empty and looks like they're away.

You can also try amazon. they might be pricier there.

If you're dumping from 1ml sprayer, thats about .07ml of perfume. you may have to go with a 1.5ml sprayer as the spray mechanism will make liquid mechanism rise.

Do plastic for short term stuff, glass for longer term. Would also suggest either disposable pipettes or a small funnel if you're on the clumsy side (yeah ask me how I know...lol)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfume today is Kim Kardashian Pure Honey. So, take it for what its worth, but its really a good perfume. A bit more floral and beeswax than honey, but the honey is def. there. Not niche quality for sure...lol but still not bad quality and not chemical aftertaste on this one. I didn't spend money on it, so no problemo wearing it! :appl:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1486042465|4123219 said:
I use this company for decant supplies

http://www.affwebshop.com/

Thanks for the tip! I am not known for my dexterity and grace :oops: :lol: so I will keep the funnel suggestion in mind, too.

It is gratifying to know I'm not just imagining the difference between dabbing and spraying.

Today I am trying Derek Lam 10 Crosby 2am Kiss. Caramel and amber, and that's about it! Uncomplicated.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1486042657|4123223 said:
Perfume today is Kim Kardashian Pure Honey. So, take it for what its worth, but its really a good perfume. A bit more floral and beeswax than honey, but the honey is def. there. Not niche quality for sure...lol but still not bad quality and not chemical aftertaste on this one. I didn't spend money on it, so no problemo wearing it! :appl:

Oooh, celebrity perfume! I have some in a drawer I haven't worn in a while, on the heavier side so winter would be a good time to revisit :) Beeswax/honey sounds interesting. I'm nostalgic for the smell of beeswax from old college days studying bookbinding.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1486052966|4123293 said:
Arcadian|1486042657|4123223 said:

Oooh, celebrity perfume! I have some in a drawer I haven't worn in a while, on the heavier side so winter would be a good time to revisit :) Beeswax/honey sounds interesting. I'm nostalgic for the smell of beeswax from old college days studying bookbinding.

Celeb perfumes are a category where I am VERY picky. ...they're money grabs (kinda have to call it like it is) and not made all that well in many cases. There's a few that are but overall...not really.

Lady Gaga's first one ...blah. but the 2nd was quite nice.

And I really liked Rhianna's first 3, (well I also liked rogue because it smells very much like Bottega Veneta's flagship perfume)

I can't stand any by Beyonce. hurl worthy. Brittany Spears isn't my cuppa either. And Ariana Grande's are for me, like diabetic comma...lol

My favorite is the one Daphne Guiness made with Comme des Garcon (now discontinued unfortunately!)

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I must have passed some on, because I only found 2 'celebrities' in my stash... Kate Walsh Boyfriend, and the older bottle it strongly reminds me of: Todd Oldham by Todd Oldham. No pop stars, and I think perhaps the latter is more of a designer vanity project than a celeb, but Kate Walsh being known as "the doctor from Grey's Anatomy" classifies as celebrity for me!

Today I'm wearing Derek Lam 10 Crosby Blackout. Listed osmanthus and chai tea notes. It's sweet/fruity and a bit spicy, I quite like it as a basic sweet scent. Disappears on my skin after just an hour or two, but the bit that landed on my sleeve edge is still going strong.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! So I tried 4 of the 8 samples and the rest are up for grabs to anyone who posts here and is interested. I didn't even try them because when I opened each of the 4 remaining vials the scent gave me a headache. I am pretty scent sensitive so that is a signal that they aren't for me. But they are full sample vials and untouched by me so I would hate for them to go to waste. Anyone interested? I am more than happy to mail to you. Just let me know. Cat not included. :lol:

luckyscentsamplepack.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Today is Creed--Royal Water. And a shot of Tubereuse 40 for good measure. :bigsmile:

When SJP first scent came out--I adored it, and so did my sister. Wore it all the time. Some celeb scents are goodun's!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I pulled out Jil Sander Woman III. These days this one would be categorized as a man's scent! Love it though but so hard to find.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Rose des Vents from Louis Vuitton. I have really fallen in love with it

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
also I have been working on reorganizing my fragrance cabinet!
img_3993_0.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1486407006|4124917 said:
img_3993_0.jpg

Oh my gosh!! :love: :love: :love: My wardrobe is like child's play in comparison!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Oh my goodness! :love: I can only dream!

A new group of samples arrived for me yesterday! Like missy, I found about half of the 2016 favorites pack just wasn't for me. So I went back picked a new group. Focused on plum note, as I notice it is in multiple things I like. Today I've got on AJ Arabia Black II Parfum Extrait. I saw it described as sticky sweet and sweet gourmand and agree; I want to eat my arm :lickout:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amouage has a new perfume out! :appl:

Blossom Love (pink bottle, very pretty)

from fragrantica
Top notes are bergamot and heliotrope; middle notes are amaretto, ylang-ylang, rose and cherry blossom; base notes are amber, tonka bean, vanilla and suede.

I really liked Lilac Love though it was more foody which is surprising as I'm not a big fan of foody scents. Well made though, I can't lie about that. And I wouldn't mind if someone gave me a bottle as a gift...lol

Blossom Love I'm not sure about mainly because of the amaretto (generally can't stand the smell of it) But I'd be interested to give it a shot. Don't know who's selling it as its not even listed on Amouage website for the US yet.

Today I'm wearing Bracken Woman. Gosh its strong and quite green. I like it but not for 300+ bucks. There are better woody green frags out there for a whole lot less.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have really been on a buying spree with perfumes and eventually I will update this thread with what I have been buying. I just wanted to mention now that a sample of what i assume is a new scent, "Exceptional", came from Fragrance.com with one of my recent purchases. I gave it away, but got to smell it and I really, really liked. So much so that I have purchased a bottle of it. I thought I would mention it here. I am not a perfume connaisseur, but it is very fresh. How much fruit and how much floral is in it, I cannot say, but it smells like a combination to me!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1486489648|4125402 said:
I really liked Lilac Love though it was more foody which is surprising as I'm not a big fan of foody scents.

Send all unwanted food scents c/o elizabethess, hahaha! I have been discovering this about myself. I'm not sure why, as my personal style is rather minimal and monochromatic (capsule wardrobe, neutral everything, basic/simple jewelry, no fuss or excess), yet I gravitate towards scents that are fruity (syrupy or stone, not fresh/citrus), maybe boozy, maybe a little dirty/animalic, definitely not for everyone.

I stuck an Amouage scent into my latest batch of samples, just to try. I hear the name mentioned so frequently in this thread :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1486493411|4125452 said:
Arcadian|1486489648|4125402 said:
I really liked Lilac Love though it was more foody which is surprising as I'm not a big fan of foody scents.

Send all unwanted food scents c/o elizabethess, hahaha! I have been discovering this about myself. I'm not sure why, as my personal style is rather minimal and monochromatic (capsule wardrobe, neutral everything, basic/simple jewelry, no fuss or excess), yet I gravitate towards scents that are fruity (syrupy or stone, not fresh/citrus), maybe boozy, maybe a little dirty/animalic, definitely not for everyone.

I stuck an Amouage scent into my latest batch of samples, just to try. I hear the name mentioned so frequently in this thread :)
Going down that rabbit hole huh? well, bring your wallet :lol: I fell in and ended up with (so far) 8 bottles.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1486490488|4125414 said:
I have really been on a buying spree with perfumes and eventually I will update this thread with what I have been buying. I just wanted to mention now that a sample of what i assume is a new scent, "Exceptional", came from Fragrance.com with one of my recent purchases. I gave it away, but got to smell it and I really, really liked. So much so that I have purchased a bottle of it. I thought I would mention it here. I am not a perfume connaisseur, but it is very fresh. How much fruit and how much floral is in it, I cannot say, but it smells like a combination to me!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:
I've had LOTS of samples of that one Deb. let me just say I prefer it to the emery boards and shower caps :lol: its nice but IMO smells like lots of other scents out there.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1486499753|4125562 said:
Going down that rabbit hole huh? well, bring your wallet :lol: I fell in and ended up with (so far) 8 bottles.

Hahaha, maybe I will dislike it! I think my taste might be somewhat less refined :D

When I was doing my quick search for plum top/middle notes I found one perfume that said samples were unavailable to purchase, but a free sample could be included on request. So, I requested, of course. After placing the order I went back to give everything I picked a more thorough look and noticed that particular one retails for $865 for 50mL! :o :errrr: I am crossing fingers I don't take a sniff and discover it's the best thing I've ever smelled. Because that's a bit outside my comfort zone and my wallet is :knockout: just thinking about it :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck lets hope you hate it ;-)

Tonight I'm wearing Slumberhouse Kiste which is a beautiful tobacco / peach combo. Peach and I rarely get along, but in this...oh its heaven :love: I have a decent sized decant so no need for a full bottle.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1486481208|4125350 said:

Oh my goodness! :love: I can only dream!

A new group of samples arrived for me yesterday! Like missy, I found about half of the 2016 favorites pack just wasn't for me. So I went back picked a new group. Focused on plum note, as I notice it is in multiple things I like. Today I've got on AJ Arabia Black II Parfum Extrait. I saw it described as sticky sweet and sweet gourmand and agree; I want to eat my arm :lickout:

ckrickett, I love your organizations skills and what a beautiful way to keep your perfumes. :appl:

Elizabeth, the AJ Arabia Black II parfum sounds delicious. I like your description. :bigsmile:

Wow on the perfume that costs $865 for 50mL. That is more than I ever paid for perfume and I thought my favorites were expensive. Please keep us updated on what you think about that one. I am very curious.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is L'Artisan Rappelle-Toi I always say I don't really like L'artisan because they tend to disappear very quickly, and for the most part thats true. But they do have some standouts and this is one of them. However for those that really hate gardenia..steer clear. This is hyoooge. Will take a lifetime to get through 4oz of this stuff...lol but since they changed the color of the packaging. old bottles are at fragrancenet / ebay for a steal right now.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1486501830|4125597 said:
AGBF|1486490488|4125414 said:

I've had LOTS of samples of that one Deb. let me just say I prefer it to the emery boards and shower caps :lol: its nice but IMO smells like lots of other scents out there.

It's a good thing I don't drink wine. If I had as much of a palate for wine as I do a nose for perfume, I'd probably be drinking the worst stuff. ;))

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
missy: Certainly some of the sticker price has to be packaging and marketing/cachet, right? Like when they make THE MOST EXPENSIVE BURGER IN THE WORLD and it's mostly expensive because it's topped with caviar and gold leaf. I'm waiting for my mini atomizers to come in (to help with application) and then I will dutifully report my experience. But, to borrow the wine metaphor AGBF used, I feel like a novice with a rare bottle! Not sure I'll be able to appreciate the nuances...

More info on the Black II: About 4 hours later the fruit/floral/musk suddenly switched to vanilla. The vanilla didn't have great sillage but was really tenacious on my skin. I could still smell it when I woke this morning! I guess that's a factor of being an extrait vs. EDP? My old perfume oils were stubborn buggers, too.

Today I tried Creed Acqua Fiorentina. Fruit and floral, the fruit at the start had something green or citrus-y mixed with the sweet, which isn't my preference. To me everything blended nicely, nothing stuck out, it was pretty but didn't quite fit me. I felt like I borrowed someone else's nice perfume, if that makes sense :) I could imagine someone enjoying this on a spring day. After an hour it was mostly gone.

Arcadian: Peach and tobacco sounds really interesting! Tobacco is another note I think I like.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Chanel Coco EDP (new ;-) )

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elizabeth, I can be peach phobic with good reason. On me its either the best damn peach I've ever smelled, or,a funky armpit. Its just that polarizing without any middle ground.

So with that, I approach peach with caution. and I never buy full bottles of peach centric perfumes because you never know when it may be a bad day...lol

Speaking of tobacco, today I'm wearing Amouage Sunshine. Its a bit overcast here(though hot) but I'm in the mood for FRUITY. This is that tempered with tobacco flower. Its to date one of the fruitiest scents in Amouage's current lineup.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1486664956|4126629 said:
Elizabeth, I can be peach phobic with good reason. On me its either the best damn peach I've ever smelled, or,a funky armpit. Its just that polarizing without any middle ground.

Wow, that's quite a difference! I can understand your caution! Funny how it can swing like that.
Eau de B.O. ... :-o

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My old funky Todd Oldham today. It feels very loud and heavy at first. I don't personally mind the brassy beginning but I don't necessarily want to inflict it on others. I *love* the middle/end so I just save it for days I stay home, or really cold days (in the 20s here!) and remind myself to spray lightly and early, so it has time to evolve before I leave the house. :) On me this starts out loud super-ripe fruit (peach note, watch out Arcadian!) and musk and settles into a spicy sweetness I love that I think is the benzoin. Not vanilla, not really gourmand, just sweet and spicy. This is one that was discontinued a while ago, I did find a more recent scent that reminds me of it, but that got discontinued, too. :(

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have been wanting to add another Jammy rose fragrance to my collection. Sampled Xerjoff XJ 17/17 Damarose today. Its gorgeous so I may consider picking up a bottle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results