shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
So, I was totally intrigued with the Frederic Malle Carnal flower after I read about it on this site. So I went to Nordstrom and went to visit my friend, Joanne, sales person, who works the Creed counter. She is just the nicest lady and goes above and beyond. She gave me tons of generously filled samples.
She gave me about six samples from Frederic Malle and three from Creed.
I was telling her about our thread. I asked her if she would be willing to send samples to anyone in our posse in hopes of building her clientele. She said she would love to do that and was very excited that there are so many people on this forum that love perfumes of good quality.
She is a breast cancer survivor and just got her five-year clean bill of health. She has the most positive outlook. I just really like her.
Nordstrom has a lot of great perfumes. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will take a picture of her business card and post it on this thread.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its been a rough day (all day in a class, yuck!) So wearing Comme des Garcon Daphne. Very sad that its discontinued ;( i got a couple of bottles so I'm good for the next year maybe. Seriously there's just nnothing out there like it.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Nothing yesterday or today (or probably tomorrow) for me, I've got a whomping head cold. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww feel better Elizabeth!

Arcadian, what are you studying?

Gem queen, yes that would be lovely of you to share your perfume rep's business card. Good for her being a breast cancer survivor! :appl:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Missy! As soon as I get home it's PJs and bed for me! :snore:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The classes are job related. Being in dev side of tech means when you're not working you're at one time or another are in a class somewhere. Anyway I'm finally done, it was a 2 day class but a very intensive one. Last class was 4 days...imagine craming 28 hours of class in 4 days...yikes.

today I'm wearing Serge Lutens Chergui. I have the OLD formula from when it was on loan to the export line. (black box, greenish brown juice thats mostly green) such a beautiful perfume.

@elizabethness, take care. headcolds are so not fun. I have some capsasin nasal spray that works but WOW...... its super strong. (also helps with migrains!)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday was TF Neroli Portofino, and today is Chanel No. 5 L'Eau :praise:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
elizabethess|1484950144|4117097 said:
Thank you, Missy! As soon as I get home it's PJs and bed for me! :snore:
PJS and bed are always good remedies for headcolds!!! Feel better!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My posting to this thread has not kept up with my fragrance activity because I went on a wild buying spree. Two samples I ordered have already arrived and been tried: Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne and Blood Oranges by Shay & Blue. I also ordered samples or actual vials (that have not yet arrived) of: Waffle Cone (a maple syrup scent) by Demeter; Attire-moi a maple syrup scent by sucrerie de la montagne in conjunction with Galimard; Clementine California by Atelier Cologne; Candy by Prada; Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens; and Elixir Charnel Gourmand Guerlain EDP.

I am not sure, yet, how I feel about Orange Sanguine and Blood Oranges. I know I love the way Orange Sanguine goes on, but i am not sure that I like how it smells later. I have to try it again. Maybe I put on too much. When I put it on I smelled fresh oranges and I loved it, but I thought I smelled "perfume" about an hour after applying it. Has anyone else experienced this with a cologne or perfume?

Deb :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1485035947|4117734 said:
My posting to this thread has not kept up with my fragrance activity because I went on a wild buying spree. Two samples I ordered have already arrived and been tried: Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne and Blood Oranges by Shay & Blue. I also ordered samples or actual vials (that have not yet arrived) of: Waffle Cone (a maple syrup scent) by Demeter; Attire-moi a maple syrup scent by sucrerie de la montagne in conjunction with Galimard; Clementine California by Atelier Cologne; Candy by Prada; Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens; and Elixir Charnel Gourmand Guerlain EDP.

I am not sure, yet, how I feel about Orange Sanguine and Blood Oranges. I know I love the way Orange Sanguine goes on, but i am not sure that I like how it smells later. I have to try it again. Maybe I put on too much. When I put it on I smelled fresh oranges and I loved it, but I thought I smelled "perfume" about an hour after applying it. Has anyone else experienced this with a cologne or perfume?

Deb:

I thought Orange Sanguine was the best of the quad I bought (came as a four pack), but not sure I would buy it again. I agree that the first blush is very fresh but the dry down not so remarkable.

ETA: wearing Youth Dew today. Don't know why, just felt like it!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1485036203|4117738 said:

Deb:

I thought Orange Sanguine was the best of the quad I bought (came as a four pack), but not sure I would buy it again. I agree that the first blush is very fresh but the dry down not so remarkable.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon. What were the other three scents that came along with the Orange Sanguine?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1485036346|4117743 said:
canuk-gal|1485036203|4117738 said:

Deb:

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon. What were the other three scents that came along with the Orange Sanguine?

Deb:

Oolang Infini, Bois Blonde and Grand Neroli.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alas, I don't know those, Sharon. :shhh:

Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore Le Musc & La Peau by Parfumerie Generale yesterday. I like it. Light, musky, woodsy and fresh and yet warm. Sweet musk and warm wood. It was a pretty fragrance and subtle. Just the way I like it. And my favorite vanilla scent was there the whole way with the delicious sandalwood and cedar I love. A definite maybe re FB worthy. Need to wear a few more times.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1485042282|4117800 said:
Alas, I don't know those, Sharon. :shhh:

Deb

In truth Deb, I didn't care for the latter two and therefore did not wear them--they are relegated are used for home use/scents!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My haggard and tired self wore zoologist civet again today. oh man... I really do enjoy this scent. It was probably too hot for it but I don't even care...lol

The thing is that they don't use real civet. I will say I've smelled the real deal, you can get it in plenty of the vintages and, I got a tincture of it just to see what it was about. in isolation, its really...interesting. :shock: harvesting these days are much more humane thankfully, but many perfumes tend to use the sythetic stuff over the real.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm awake!! :lol:

Today is parfums delray Bois de Paradis. Yummers. Its very windy here today So perfect day for it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
escentric molecules - Molecule 01 today. I get straight cedarwood with this, and I love it

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1485280303|4119089 said:
escentric molecules - Molecule 01 today. I get straight cedarwood with this, and I love it

You're so lucky. All I got was wet socks :lol: Its yummy on the other half though.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sinuses still clogged up, I'm au naturel today :naughty:

Stopped by Sephora and while there got a couple of Derek Lam 10 Crosby samples to try out after this dang cold passes.

Missy, looking forward to trying Le Musc & La Peau as well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1485292008|4119184 said:

Stopped by Sephora and while there got a couple of Derek Lam 10 Crosby samples to try out after this dang cold passes.

Aww Elizabeth, I'm sorry you aren't completely better yet but hope you are feeling much better than last week. And I hope you enjoy the Le Musc and La Peau when you do have the opportunity to wear it. I haven't tried it again yet but am looking forward to it.

One of my issues with these samples is that they aren't spray samples. I find it much easier to wear spray samples as I can get more of the fragrance that way if that makes sense. With the little tube samples I never seem to really get enough of the perfume for a wearing. I don't know why I just don't apply more lol which is obviously what I have to do. I already have trouble with longevity due to my dry skin no matter how well I moisturize and a spray sample is just easier for me.

Feel all better very soon!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
elizabethess|1485292008|4119184 said:

I hope you get better soon!!!!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Something easy and light today. Roses de Chloe. Very feminine rose fragrance

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I wore Zoologist Rhinoceros. BLAH. Big ol blast of medicinal Oud and pleather notes. That one is being kicked out of the sample box!

I don't get any of the good stuff. No tobacco, no rum. I also kept hoping it would change up a lttle. Well, it became lighter oud with pleather notes... :lol:

I will be wearing something different for evening thankfully.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Derek Lam 10 Crosby Silent St. Pretty much just a straight white must with a faint floral note to it. Very clean.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Dame Perfumery Dark horse, which smells a lot like Lolita Lempicka L de Lolita. both are a vanilla spice with citrus, though one uses a bit more nutmeg, and the other uses orange instead of lemon, their bases are extremely similar. Some liken it also to Fendi Theorema which I can't fault either. They're all three have very close similarities.

I think if I didn't have a nearly full bottle of LdL I could totally go for this as its much lighter in how it wears. In the drydown I do get some soap, but its not much, just enough to keep the scent fresh.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfume today is Roberto Verino VV Platinum. There are times when I want tea, and then I want TEA. This gives TEA. I also love the freshness of this. Even with the pepper which gives it some focus, its not spicy at all. but fresh and clean.

Funny is that I hadn't realized how much I used. Apparently I've worn it more than I originally thought!

I'm going to seriously order another bottle. I don't want to run out of this one.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Balmain Jolie Madam. I did a layer with the edt and parfum. Both are vintage, the parfum being older (not sure of the exact dates but would say maybe 1960's-70's) The EDT is 1980's.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DS and Durga's Radio Bombay today! Nicely unisex. I don't greatly dislike it, it's just not me. Described as a woody oriental, I'm having a tough time finding anything other than woods. Sandalwood followed by cedar. Not sure if it's my nose or my skin, but often woods seem to overpower all other notes when I wear them. Low sillage. I should try again after the last of my congestion goes away (still lingering, ugh). I'd like to try it on my husband, too!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
missy|1485292332|4119188 said:
One of my issues with these samples is that they aren't spray samples. I find it much easier to wear spray samples as I can get more of the fragrance that way if that makes sense. With the little tube samples I never seem to really get enough of the perfume for a wearing. I don't know why I just don't apply more lol which is obviously what I have to do. I already have trouble with longevity due to my dry skin no matter how well I moisturize and a spray sample is just easier for me.

I like spray samples better as well! Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like it opens up the scent, vs. dabbing. I looked at the little spray tops I get on my Sephora samples and they seem like they'd fit into the vials (might look a bit awkward) so I was debating trying to google and see if I can find some cheaply and then just swap out the tops.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results