shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome Deb! :dance: Some of their smaller samples may also be oils. They are EXTREMELY generous with samples, and the oil I got..whoa....loved it. it was the Orange flower. Yeah...I got that rollerball.... :love: The Osmanthus is also really really lovely, very realistic. (quite long lasting too!)

If you haven't tried Sonoma Scent Studio http://www.sonomascentstudio.com/index.shtml or Aftlier Perfumes, they're worth checking into. http://www.aftelier.com/ (the chocolate saffron body and hair oil... :lickout: ) Aftelier also has vanilla smoke. I didn't really like it but lots of people do.

Both are small US based perfume houses. Aftelier is natural perfume house, Sonoma does a mix.

April Aromatics...https://aprilaromatics.com/ is also another that's a natural house but I think they're based in Germany. Good stuff though (ray of light is probably my favorite..I don't tend to like strong citrus but this one is bombdigity!).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
somehow I've never noticed this thread before! Funny coincidence since I'm trying to find a scent that feels like "me", and having a really hard time. Hopefully some of you ladies can give me some guidance?

I've tried some of those (potentially silly) sites that "match" you with a scent based on your preferences. Ones that sound nice from the description is cool water (for women) by Davidoff and Ralph Lauren "blue". I was recently in Ulta and liked "walk on air" and "live colorfully" from Kate Spade

Here are some others that I like:

Gucci II
B&BW Japanese Cherry Blossom

Anyone have suggestions from that? I really love the smell of jasmine and orchid, but also like "water-y" smells (think like beachy, tropical smells), lotus, etc. I don't like things that smell overly "sweet", and am not a huge fan of vanilla as a smell, but it might be fine as a "note" if there are other things as well.

Thanks!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Le Labo Rose 31!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1481145397|4105448 said:
somehow I've never noticed this thread before! Funny coincidence since I'm trying to find a scent that feels like "me", and having a really hard time. Hopefully some of you ladies can give me some guidance?

I've tried some of those (potentially silly) sites that "match" you with a scent based on your preferences. Ones that sound nice from the description is cool water (for women) by Davidoff and Ralph Lauren "blue". I was recently in Ulta and liked "walk on air" and "live colorfully" from Kate Spade

Gucci II

Anyone have suggestions from that? I really love the smell of jasmine and orchid, but also like "water-y" smells (think like beachy, tropical smells), lotus, etc. I don't like things that smell overly "sweet", and am not a huge fan of vanilla as a smell, but it might be fine as a "note" if there are other things as well.

Thanks!

Have you tried Light Blue from Dolce and Gabbana, I think you might like that. Bright citrusy, and reminds me of the beach. Also Silent St. From Derek Lam 10 Crosby is a really lovely white musk thats sophisticated and really nice

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1481166798|4105534 said:

Gucci II

Thanks!

Have you tried Light Blue from Dolce and Gabbana, I think you might like that. Bright citrusy, and reminds me of the beach. Also Silent St. From Derek Lam 10 Crosby is a really lovely white musk thats sophisticated and really nice

oh yeah, the other one recommended via some "scent quiz" was D&G light blue! Good call! I've never heard of Silent St, I'll have to check them both out. I made an impulse buy of a sample pack from Lucky Scent with a "fragrance fitting". Hoping they send me something incredible, but in the meantime maybe I can get samples of the two you mentioned!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gucci II

Thanks!

I had to think about this for a second... Beachy isn't my strong point but here's a few I feel are worth trying;

Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee - This is a real beachy scent.
Trussardi Delicate Rose - Not beachy but I believe it gives something a bit different. Not sweet either though classed as a floral fruity. Rose here is not super in your face tea rose. Hard to find unfortunately.
Amouage Ciel Pour Femme - Its amouage..what can I say? Probably the lightest of the originals...but don't confuse light with lack of longevity. lasts for DAYS....lol
Balenciaga L`Essence - I ran across this at Marshalls about a year ago. Yes totally yes! Worth trying if you can find it anywhere.
Diptyque Philosykos - This is fig but a woody one. there's coconut but its not a sugary one.
Prada Infusion d'Iris - I personally love the EDP but for a lighter application you may like the EDT.
Frederic Malle Lys Mediterranee I will mention its got a pretty big lily note. MUST.LOVE.LILY but its also got sea water notes which help balance it out. Worth trying.

Also, you said you don't really like vanilla. Maybe you've not really tried the right type?

Lubin Akkad - this is amber and vanilla, but its also smoky. Its quite dry and nonsweet but luminous. Worth a shot if you can get a sample of it.
Killian Amber Oud - A wetter vanilla/amber combo than above. Not much Oud in there but does have one of the best amber accords I've ever smelled. Pricey though.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Akowa from M Micallef. It was in yesterdays advent calendar!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was Fendi Asja. I don't wear it often, but I felt it was def. the right day for it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
One of my favorite sophisticated ones today. Roja Parfum Enslaved!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The birthday Gods brought me something good yesterday.... whooo never expected that one! Chanel Coromandel

_38677.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1481211497|4105630 said:
Diptyque Philosykos - This is fig but a woody one. there's coconut but its not a sugary one.

I absolutely love this. I wore it daily before I went into a vanilla stage. (It is the opposite of a clinging vanilla.)

Deb/AGBF

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought scent of the day would be Chanel Jersey(I got a LOT of really cool samples to try out with my gift :appl: ) Oh nooooo smelled like old chewing gum in the bottom of a leather purse :lol: Obviously not my sort of thing. So a quick wash off and settled on Cerrutti 1881 Edition Blanche.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1481467227|4106318 said:
The birthday Gods brought me something good yesterday.... whooo never expected that one! Chanel Coromandel
OOOH!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Rose Explosion. This is one of my top faves ever!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Bottega Veneta flagship perfume :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Discovered that I LOVE Gucci Bamboo. Something about both smelling "flowery" but also "strong" is a nice combo. But when I looked it up, I saw that "vanilla" was one of the notes. So maybe I don't actually hate vanilla as much as I thought :lol: I just know that when I smell it alone I'm not a fan. But I guess as the base or note of a scent I don't mind it :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1481772413|4107380 said:
Discovered that I LOVE Gucci Bamboo. Something about both smelling "flowery" but also "strong" is a nice combo. But when I looked it up, I saw that "vanilla" was one of the notes. So maybe I don't actually hate vanilla as much as I thought :lol: I just know that when I smell it alone I'm not a fan. But I guess as the base or note of a scent I don't mind it :)

Probably a supporting role. I had to grow into most vanillas. I tend to like it dry or combined with complementary notes. I have issues when its like straight up candy or play-doh... LOL

Glad that you found something you liked! tis the season though so lots of perfumes out there to sniff :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
its humid and a bit hot so wearing Amouage Lyric.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Amouage Beloved :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Byredo Black Saffron today. I love the mix of Saffron, Pomelo, and Juniper Berries!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Mona di Orio Vanille. Its a great day for it (slightly chilly)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I layered Annick Goutal's Ambre Fetiche with Serge Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose :lickout:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Royal Rose Aoud from Micallef. Its a beautiful woody garden rose.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still on a rose kick and wearing Aramis Calligraphy Rose.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning its cold enough for Molinard Habanita! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately Missy, that weather didn't last long enough....lol I have soooo many beauties that would hurt somebody if I wore them in 80 degree heat :lol:. I have a bottle of vintage coco chanel which I haven't worn since I left the Northeast. The next cold day is reserved for it though ;-)

Around my birthday I did go to the Hermes boutique in Palm beach to refresh my memory of the boutique line. (and of course while there I saw what looked like a members only jacket...except it was 2500.00!) AN is a tad too sweet for my personal taste in amber-centric scents but still well made and beautiful. To me it was a lighter, fluffier version of Brecourt Farah. But AN is something that can be worn down here in the evening without choking anyone out.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
today I wore Arbolé Arbolé by Hiram Green. Really a phenomenal perfumer especially enticing as his creations are natural (and they have some serious tenacity!)

This one....hmmm... I get honeyed olives which I'm not sure I'm liking. Why olives is a mystery but apparently a lot of people are getting that. Being its just a sample I think I'll require a few more wearings.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm reaching for Fleur Monoi by Urban Outfitters more and more often these days. It has great staying power and it feels very young and fresh. You can smell gardenia, a hint of coconut, orange blossom, and fig.

_6398.jpeg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Balmain Ivoire (updated version, not the original) Personally I could never wear the original, perhaps because asafoetida can be such a difficult note for me. Smells great in the bottle though (I have a small vintage extrait)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results