shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of us who LOVE tea!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
In response to the thread before, I now give us a tea thread! Some of us on here seem to love coffee. Well Not me! :bigsmile: I love TEA! I'm not quite sure what got me started on tea. I can't say I've always liked tea, unless you count good ole' southern sweet tea. I recently started drinking green tea both hot and cold, and then dabbled in other areas of tea. Now I love nearly any tea put in front of me, so long as it is hot, and has honey. I also like tisanes! I have three boxes, plus some random packets that friends have given me. Currently I'm sipping Ashby's Lemon, Honey and Ginseng. I have a box of Tazo Wellness with Rose petals, Twinings Earl Grey and Tazo organic Chai. I also really love mint infused teas. They relax me, and warm me up. I am horrible about getting cold easily, even in dead summer, so this is my answer! Anyone else love tea?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I love both coffee and tea and in the winter will drink tons of tea (decaf). I love green tea,but would like to try some others. Any particular brands better than others?

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tea is yummy!

My current favorite is Moroccan green tea with mint. I order it loose leaf from coffeeproject.com

They've got some great teas available and the loose leaf has much better flavor than tea bags.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know a guy who is a real tea connoisseur, fanatic even.
He told me there is one tea so rare, exclusive and in demand that someone has to die for him to move up the waiting list.
He hope he lives long enough to enjoy the privilege of buying some.

He says they can only take a few leaves from a few branches of special tea plants in a special location each year.
The annual harvest is tiny and of course sold out years in advance.
I can only imagine what it costs.

He served me some other tea that was the best I had ever tasted.
I had no idea some people got so into tea or that tea could be such a wonderful experience.

I do enjoy a cup of tea, moderately priced, from time to time.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love tea - black, with milk and sugar (though I'll drink it without the milk, and substitute honey for sugar sometimes). I really don't like anything flavored (other than Earl Grey, if you count that as a flavored tea) or herbal though, and I haven't really learned to love green tea yet. I stick with my black English/Irish/Welsh-type blends!

eta: I worked at Lipton at one point and got to meet one of the tea buyers and taste a sampling of many teas. Very cool! Unfortunately most of what Lipton makes is crap. lol

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in!

I've got a cup of republic Mango Ceylon right now... pedestrian perhaps, but the stuff tastes good ::)

My standby is twinings earl grey. No other brand, no matter how expensive or famed (and I've wasted way too much money on this search) comes close.. just enough citrus, just enough strength 8)

I'm a total snob about it though! No bags, clay teapots for blacks and one just for earl grey, porcelain for tasting, stainless for my florals and greens... Poor FI, an entire cabinet devoted to tea, despite the lack of storage space in this apt, and he doesn't even drink the stuff!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have a porcelain mug I got just for my tea, and it is huge. I like really large cups of tea.

Has anyone tried milk in chai? I've been debating on trying it.

I haven't tried many black teas, it might be a new exploration.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411 said:
I have a porcelain mug I got just for my tea, and it is huge. I like really large cups of tea.

Has anyone tried milk in chai? I've been debating on trying it.

I haven't tried many black teas, it might be a new exploration.

I much prefer large cups too :)) I usually put milk in chai - I boil the milk first 'til it creams on top, I love how it smells...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore tea. I have it with a bit of milk added and that's it. Not sure if you guys have it in the US but Lyons tea is my absolute favourite.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I know you're all talking about hot tea (which I do love with some honey), but I love Arizona Black and White tea!! It's just a little bit sweet and sooooo yummy!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty funny when I go online to PS to talk about tea, but far be it for me to complain, this is fun!

I've found this place online from which I buy really good loose tea. They have all kinds, but the ones I buy most are the black teas (Iove assams like Irish/english breakfast teas) to drink with milk, and green teas like jasmine. I figure that while they are more expensive than what I'd buy in the supermarket (at least most supermarkets, lol), they are a lot less expensive than a bottle of wine, or a pair of shoes. I know, I know, we don't drink shoes, but if you're like me and you need to have a little online buying fix, buying tea is a pretty cheap and delicious way to go...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love bubble tea :)

And I do appreciate a good green tea, and matcha green tea as well. And oolong and jasmine.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I love teas! I particularly like green teas, especially Japanese like sencha or genmai cha (which started the whole thing). I also favor white teas, especially the silver needle and white peony.

I used to only drink twinings earl grey, but then got into the whole world of tea. I also like Lapsang Souchong, the black smoky tea. Very very smoky! A unique flavor.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Brown.Eyed.Girl said:

And I do appreciate a good green tea, and matcha green tea as well. And oolong and jasmine.

I love bubble tea! My favorite is the milk tea, but the place that used to have that flavor closed up, so I don't know where to go to find it anymore...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1 said:
Brown.Eyed.Girl said:

I love bubble tea! My favorite is the milk tea, but the place that used to have that flavor closed up, so I don't know where to go to find it anymore...

Same here!

Ok, best bubble/milk tea ever is at Lollicup in Boston, right by the BU campus.

Second runner-up - Saints Alp in East Village, NY, or Saints Alp in Chinatown, Chicago.

Unfortunately, my 2nd to last night in Chicago I went to get bubble tea at Saints Alp and it was closed for dumpster violations! :( Sadness.

And despite the fact that I call it bubble tea, I actually dislike the tapioca bubbles - plain milk tea for me, please! :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Beacon - the smoky tea sounds very interesting!

I have to say I haven't explored very many white teas, and someone please tell me more about bubble teas?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
Beacon - the smoky tea sounds very interesting!

I have to say I haven't explored very many white teas, and someone please tell me more about bubble teas?

Lapsang souchong, which is a super smoky tea, is delicious, IMO, but not for everyone. I love the smoky flavor and smell and it's very different from other teas. You should give it a try!

Traditional bubble tea is black tea with milk, with tapioca "bubbles" (little balls) in it. There are many flavored varieties, green tea varieties, etc. You can usually find them in Chinese restaurants and tea shops. I love the plain black milk tea without tapioca, but the flavored ones are usually very good too.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I love tea. I am really picky and only drink loose leaf from China. I get jasmine pearl green tea and a white tea with rosebuds. I also like fruit flavored, but my tea place closed so the white peach tea is no longer available to me. I put it in a strainer for drinking at work and it is amazing how many people ask me about as they have no clue what a strainer is! I find I don't like roobios (Sp) or black tea much nor do I like the lighter ones that taste "grassy" for lack of a better term. I like some chai but not the really authentic kind which tends to be a bit spicy. About an hour from where we live there is an authentic tea house built in the Persian style by Tajikastani artisans, it is the most wonderful place to sit and drink it, they even have really cool tea based cocktails.

Berryluv

Rough_Rock
Oh I love tea! I posted in the coffee thread too but I think I drink tea even more in the winter. I drink green tea daily. Chamomile, chai, white tea, english breakfast are some of my regulars. There is something so soothing about a nice cup of tea. It's like aroma therapy.

I've tried milk in the Chai Df and it's not bad. I think it cuts some of the spice a bit.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I grew up watching my mom have a cup of tea after dinner, and I used to think it was special when she asked me if I wanted some. I felt very grown up, for some reason. Now, I'll have a cup of tea occasionally, and I tend to stick to orange pekoe because that's what my mom and I had. I also love peppermint tea. I have to admit, I don't know teas very well, so I just get what I know I like. I thought I'd like berry flavored teas but I really don't. They sound good but I can't get into them.

ETA: I like milk and a little sugar in my tea (although I've tried to skip the sugar lately). Like I said, I don't know tea very well, so I've stuck with Celestial Seasonings, Red Rose, or Lipton tea bags. I never really got into using loose tea; I like tea bags.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My mom sent me a link last night to a store in St. Auggie that sells tea and herbs and different spice rubs. I had been there once but had forgotten all about their tea. :$$): :Up_to_something:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh I adore tea, I actually write a column for a website on tea and local tea shops with recipes, tips and education. I also worked in a tea store for 3 years as a manager and I traveled alot teaching new associates on tea.

It is such a delicious and healthful beverage! I love it so much!

mariel

Shiny_Rock
I love tea however if it's hot tea, I don't like sweeteners/sugar or honey in it. My favorite hot tea is Genmaicha - green tea with roasted brown rice.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another tea lover. I have a huge mug that I fill with tea as soon as I get home and refill as needed :)) I, too, love Twinning's Earl Grey. Green tea peppermint, jasmine, vanilla and citron teas are my staple, as is my own mix of spiced tea.

Recently, I tried a new brand - Stash. It is very good! Their vanilla chai is sooo aromatic, the peppermint is pleasantly sharp and the Irish breakfast tea will wake anyone up.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I had some jasmine tea at a Chinese restaurant today and it made me want to get in the fetal position it was so good. I mostly drink iced tea instead of sodas. I drink hot tea in the winter in a mug that my uncle got me from China (that I also recently found at Cost plus) that you put the leaves in at the top and has a built in strainer.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hera - that is very cool!

We are in the midst of moving, which means my mug and tea are in a bag somewhere. I really want some tea, but also don't want to have to buy some at a coffee shop. ;(

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
maikeru said:
I love tea however if it's hot tea, I don't like sweeteners/sugar or honey in it. My favorite hot tea is Genmaicha - green tea with roasted brown rice.

Genmaicha is delicious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results