shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Make Up/Beauty Products

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all you beautiful PSers!
35.gif

I''m thinking of switching make-up brands and need some help. I currently use Bare Escentuals and I really do love this make-up....my only problem is - one full day of work and it''s completely gone (i''m not a reapply throughout the day kind of girl)....I need make-up that will stay, not be too oily, etc.

Just wondering if you girls have any favorites that I should look into??? Also, what other make-up products are your favorite? Eye Shadows? Colors? Blushes? Mascaras?

I love make-up and playing with all different kinds....I think I may go on a sephora shopping spree soon
36.gif

mirre

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t ever tried their make-up (except mascara and lipgloss) but as for skin care I love yvesrocher.com. And bonus they are always having some kind of give-away if you buy a certain amount of stuff. I found out about it because my skin gets irritated really easily by face lotions and washes and their products are hypo-allergenic. They have make-up, shampoo, conditioner, face creams... all kinds of goodies.

I''m not sure if they''ll have the mineral make-up but you could look into it.

Good luck!!
35.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Cleopatra! I am a Bare Escentuals user and had the same problem you did... I looked wonderful walking out the door and by lunch time it looked like my was face was bare! I got this product, Model in a Bottle (if you search on here, I posted a few weeks ago, and a lot of other PSers agreed). It is kinda of like a sealer, once you are done with your make up (BUT before your mascara. I have had it run if I do it after) it does wonders. I go through a whole work day and sometimes the gym, and my make up stays put... especially my eye shadow which alway seems to disappear. I deffinitely recommend trying it before switching make up. Good luck!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread! My favorites for lipstick and eye makeup are Dior and Lancome because they have the most vibrant colors and they never go rancid like Chanel does. I also like Nars lipstick, although it tends to be dry.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Lancome mascaras. Definicils is my first choice, L''Extreme is my second, both are great.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know BE is supposed to be hypoallergenic and non comodogenic, but when I wear it, if I sweat or get hot at all my face burns like a mother..... I have to wash my entire face before I feel relief.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Model in a Bottle, eh? Sounds promising! I may have to try that!!! Thanks!

Ok - as for other make-up:

My favs:
- Nars Blush in Orgasm - best blush shade ever
- My favorite eye shadow is the Bare Escentuals shadows....I bought this three piece set called "Wearable Plums" and they go GREAT with my green eyes...the shades really ARE everyday-wearable!
- And my all time favorite beauty product is:
Benefit High Brow - this is a chunky pencil in just the right shade of creamy white...I apply under my brows and it makes my eyes and brows POP! It defines my brows in the perfect way!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
<--- Makeup Junklie here. Have you ever gone onto the makeup alley website? They have lots of member reviews of virtually every product out there. Personally, I use mostly Bobbi Brown and MAC products, with occasional products by other brands thrown in. I''ve been using MAC''s studiofix foundation/powder combo for years. Occasionally, because I am a makeup junkie I will get bored of it and wonder if there''s something out there that''s even better. So I''ll go out and try something new, but I always come back to the tried and true studiofix. I tried BE but found that it magnified my pores.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
i always felt "too made up" in BE, so i turned to physician''s formula. just a regular drug store brand, yes, but the talc free powders are great!! i have really sensitive skin, and it has really improved since i started using PF. i love MAC shadows though. i just love makeup in general.
30.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
At my age, I can say I''ve tried just about everything. I always go buy something Lancome to get the freebie gift when they have it, because the eye shadows and lipsticks are really great - - colors and formulas. Also, their Dual Finish powder is terrific. Clinique has great eyeshadows in "normal" looking colors that blend well.

For me, nothing has ever worked as well as Cover Girl Professional Mascara in the Blk/Brn waterproof formula. It doesn''t flake, smear, or wear off; and it doesn''t clump when going on. I absolutely cannot understand why Maybelline Great Lash is the #1 seller in this country; makes no sense to me; I hate it.

And also from the drugstore, Milani mineral face powder w/o talc. I wore this over Neutrogena Sheer Tint on my wedding day; I wanted to look dewy (and younger!), not made up.

I used to be a makeup fiend; and would spend hours creating a face! My mother told me I would get over that (LOL), and I did; but it was good practice for my life now where I spend maybe 10 minutes putting myself together! I put on my own makeup for the wedding in about 10-15 min flat, right before taking pictures, just about a 1/2 hour before the ceremony!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I use MAC foundation for the days when I need my make-up to stay put all day and Neutrogena Mineral Sheers (like BM) on weekends and for days when I just want to feel like I look okay.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Bobbi Brown concealers (pricey but they do work and they last ages) and MAC makeup. My eyes are very deep set I can''t do too much with them as you can''t see it! I just wear Bobbi Brown eyeliner and Clinique High Definition mascara, no eyeshadow unless I''m dressing up. Even without eyeshadow the effect is fantastic! I seriously recommend that mascara, it''s amazing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2007 4:28:07 PM
Author: Delster
Bobbi Brown concealers (pricey but they do work and they last ages) and MAC makeup. My eyes are very deep set I can''t do too much with them as you can''t see it! I just wear Bobbi Brown eyeliner and Clinique High Definition mascara, no eyeshadow unless I''m dressing up. Even without eyeshadow the effect is fantastic! I seriously recommend that mascara, it''s amazing.
.....I think I will have to try it then.
9.gif
No clumps?

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer. I use the UVA/UVB 15 variety. You put it on before your foundation and it fills in all of your wrinkles; makes you look like an air-brushed queen. :)

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 4:30:13 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 11/27/2007 4:28:07 PM

Author: Delster

.....I think I will have to try it then.
9.gif
No clumps?

Nope, no clumps!
16.gif
I''ve tried the Defincils and found it VERY clumpy. I was so surprised cos all the magazines rave about it so much!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I certainly have my all-time favs! Here they are:

MAC Studiofix Powder Foundation
Bobbi Brown Camouflage Cream (used under eyes)
MAC Gel Eyeliner in Jet (I go over it/smudge with Stila Powder Eye Shadow in "Ebony" or "Pewter" for night)
Stila Powder Eyeshadow (in the crease) "Jezebel"
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara
Bobbi Brown powder blush in Clementine
Rosebud Salve Lip Balm (for moisture)
MAC lip glosses in Big Kiss, Silly Girl and Poco Pink

justageek

Shiny_Rock
My must-haves:
Concealer: Shiseido Tinted Moisturizer (Medium) from The Makeup collection -- goes on super light, makes skin look dewy.
Foundation: Shiseido -- love their powders!
Mascara: MaxFactor 3000 calorie -- best volumizing/lengthening mascara I''ve ever used (and only $6 too!)
Lips: Minty Lipshine from Victoria''s Secret. Absolutely wonderful! Goes on clear, a little bit of shine, not sticky, with nice minty feeling.

I''m not too picky about other makeup items... these pretty much are whatever was on sale:
Blush: Physician''s Formula
Eyeliner: I don''t even know.
Eyeshadow: Covergirl?? not sure.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love MAC. I use MAC foundation, bronzing powder, blotting powder, and eyeshadows. I also love Benefit makeup, they have the greatest little combo products. Ooh, and Benefit''s Dallas is a great bronzer.

I use drugstore mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick--mostly Rimmel, which is really good.

I have to admit, I am an equal opportunity makeup user--I''ll buy any product from any company if it looks good! I can''t walk out of Sephora or C.O. Bigelow without dropping serious cash.

Love all the great suggestions!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it all!

I am really liking Laura Mercier''s oil free tinted moisturizer and her collection of mineral makeup.

I love Nars night eyeshadows and a lot of their glosses

Chanel glossimer is my favorite overall gloss.

I like too much to mention here, I tried, or so it seems, something from every single makeup line that there is!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Foundation doesn''t work well on my skin, but I LOVE eye shadows, lip glosses, and blushes. It would take me hours to list all my favorites, but I will post my #1 must-have: Chanel Glossimers! They''re amazing and some of the shades will last for an hour or more on my lips, even after drinking or eating! (Some are too glittery and those are the ones I avoid as they don''t have the staying power.)

Yummy!

glossimersps.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 4:10:59 PM
Author: HollyS
For me, nothing has ever worked as well as Cover Girl Professional Mascara in the Blk/Brn waterproof formula. It doesn't flake, smear, or wear off; and it doesn't clump when going on. I absolutely cannot understand why Maybelline Great Lash is the #1 seller in this country; makes no sense to me; I hate it.
Ditto! I LOVE Cover Girl Mascaras. The professional was my staple and favorite for a long time until they came out with that exact lash (with the weird brush). That stuff is wonderful.
And I don't understand why Maybelline mascara is #1 either (I have always wondered about that...)... I hate the stuff too!

As far as other make-up favorites, I use True Colors eye shadow powders, Cover Girl eyebrow pencils (and Mascara) and I use Neutrogena Loose Face Powder. I use Benefit FIeye eyeshadow primer (the best one I have found so far). The only thing I use on my lips is lipbalm or chapstick. Sometimes I will use lip gloss, but FI doesnt like most of it because it is sticky... LOL

I have yet to find a favorite foundation... most of them start out looking great, but by the end of the day they look terrible. I think I will have to try that Model stuff too
9.gif

I dont use blush or lipstick because I feel it makes me look too "made up" (just not used to seeing it on myself I guess).

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Oil of Olay''s Regenerating Serum - I had really dry skin till I started using this. I bought about 10 bottles in the US as it is half the UK price there.

All my other make-up is now Max Factor - they do lots of choice for people with VERY pale skin, it stays on well and makes your skin look super perfect - I always get loads of compliments on my skin even when I know there''s plenty of camouflage going on, so it must be doing something good. Their concealer pan-stick is also the best one I have ever found.

It''s quite odd, but I recently discovered that my mother and grandmother have used only Max Factor all their lives. I never played with my mother''s make-up as a child so I only found out recently when I offered her a lipstick I had bought and then decided the colour was wrong for me. Weird...

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
KristyDarling of PS recommended this and I love it and have a few and already used one down to the very bottom - and you know how rare a thing that is! This:

Benefit Silky FInish Lipstick. It's a lipstick format lip gloss and has just enuf color and transparency and a ton of 'slip'. Excellent texture that is soft and shiny but not gooey and runny. Great stuff. I love the color Rocket Pop.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I went to the mall yesterday and was in Macys and overheard on the loud speaker an ad for Estee Lauder''s Double Wear make-up (supposed to last 16 or 18 hours - does it REALLY make a difference at that point?!...hehe) Well, I went to the counter (I''m apparently a sucker for advertising) and had the lady match my color and purchased a bottle of it....

I have to say, it feels quite nice right now. It dried very quickly, not very thick, but great, beautiful coverage. I''ll let you all know how it is towards the end of the day (if it ACTUALLY stays on or if it gets oily, etc)

OH - question for all you make-up gurus....I''ve heard raving reviews on Benefit''s Bad Gal mascara. It''s ranked as a favorite mascara with Sephora and in beauty magazines that I''ve read. I tried it, and hated it. Am I the only one? I feel like I''m rubbing a pine cone on my lashes with that brush being so HUGE!!! I really hope I''m not the only one who HATES this stuff!!!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 7:47:36 PM
Author: Pandora II
I LOVE Oil of Olay's Regenerating Serum - I had really dry skin till I started using this. I bought about 10 bottles in the US as it is half the UK price there.

All my other make-up is now Max Factor - they do lots of choice for people with VERY pale skin, it stays on well and makes your skin look super perfect - I always get loads of compliments on my skin even when I know there's plenty of camouflage going on, so it must be doing something good. Their concealer pan-stick is also the best one I have ever found.

It's quite odd, but I recently discovered that my mother and grandmother have used only Max Factor all their lives. I never played with my mother's make-up as a child so I only found out recently when I offered her a lipstick I had bought and then decided the colour was wrong for me. Weird...

Absolutely agreed! And it stays on really well too.

My only other cosmetics tips are GENTLE cleansers etc (I use Cetaphil) and SUNSCREEN. Ever since I found out UVA rays come in through windows ('A for ageing'
23.gif
) I have religiously used sunscreen.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 2:43:02 PM
Author: blueyes157
Cleopatra! I am a Bare Escentuals user and had the same problem you did... I looked wonderful walking out the door and by lunch time it looked like my was face was bare! I got this product, Model in a Bottle (if you search on here, I posted a few weeks ago, and a lot of other PSers agreed). It is kinda of like a sealer, once you are done with your make up (BUT before your mascara. I have had it run if I do it after) it does wonders. I go through a whole work day and sometimes the gym, and my make up stays put... especially my eye shadow which alway seems to disappear. I deffinitely recommend trying it before switching make up. Good luck!
I have been using bare minerals foundation (with mineral veil) for 2 years and I love it. With my freckles it provides great non-cakey coverage and lets my little sunkisses glow through. I have very dry skin so I use Olay SPF 15 sensitive skin daily moisturiser and have no problems with fade out.

Cover girl eyes, Neutrogena lips and good ole pink tube Maybelline for Mascara.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 8:11:55 AM
Author: Cleopatra
I went to the mall yesterday and was in Macys and overheard on the loud speaker an ad for Estee Lauder''s Double Wear make-up (supposed to last 16 or 18 hours - does it REALLY make a difference at that point?!...hehe) Well, I went to the counter (I''m apparently a sucker for advertising) and had the lady match my color and purchased a bottle of it....

I have to say, it feels quite nice right now. It dried very quickly, not very thick, but great, beautiful coverage. I''ll let you all know how it is towards the end of the day (if it ACTUALLY stays on or if it gets oily, etc)

OH - question for all you make-up gurus....I''ve heard raving reviews on Benefit''s Bad Gal mascara. It''s ranked as a favorite mascara with Sephora and in beauty magazines that I''ve read. I tried it, and hated it. Am I the only one? I feel like I''m rubbing a pine cone on my lashes with that brush being so HUGE!!! I really hope I''m not the only one who HATES this stuff!!!!
Well, it''s mid way through the work day and I''m completely baffled! I have no need to reapply, the make up doesn''t feel icky or sticky at all and it''s still COMPLETELY on! I''m just so suprised....never had make up that actually stayed on! Wow!

I''ve actually gotten lots of compliments today about how "nice" I look today...and three girls in my office said my make up was very pretty today....hmmm....i may have hit the jackpot here
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

YSL: Touche Eclat highlighter and the Volume Effect mascara are fab. My favorite mascara by far.
Lancome: just finished their Renergie Lift makeup, and am onto EL Resilience Lift Extreme.
MAC: pressed powder, pigment eyeshadows, concealer stick, lip glosses, are all great products. And their brushes.
Dior: in general, I love their lipsticks. I just bought Chanel Rouge Allure in Absolute Topaz and like it also.
Avon: moisture effective eye make up remover. Gentle, non oily, overall excellent product.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results