shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Make Up/Beauty Products

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Diamondfan, about Sephora being a drug den for you!!! I feel the same exact way!! Cant go in there without spending tons of $$$$$!!!

I LOVE NARS eyeshadows, Laura Mercier eyeshadow/eyeliners, and Trish McEvoy and Chanel lipglosses!! I have heard many recc''s for the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer- question for Diamondfan- do you use that as your foundation? Is it very light? I usually dont wear foundation, if anything just spot conceal.....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mascara, Dior, Dior Show Black Out and I have been know to use the pink Maybelline bottle of mascara too. hehe

Eye Cream, Dior, Capture R60/80 Yeux

Sunscreen, La Roche-Posaly 40 UVA Fluide Extreme Anthelio; this protects against the wrinkles!!!!

Lipstick, Aveda, Loreal, and Lancome Rouge Absolu (in Plantinum for shimmer) ETA: I love Origins fat Lip Pencils/Sticks

Conditioner Biolage hydratherapie Conditioning Balm

The other stuff I buy whatever look appealing at the time. hehee

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I have all my girlfriends hooked on it too.

I use L''Occitane''s Brightening Serum and Brightening Foaming Facial Wash

Clientel''s Facial Firming Serum

L''Occitane''s Brightening eye cream

L''Occitane''s Precious Cream

L''Occitane''s Very Precious Fluid, it has SP 40

At night I use:

L''Occitane''s Very precious cream.

For make-up I tried Dr. Denese''s makeup from QVC. LOL. Don''t laugh, I LOVE it. I used to use BE and I didn''t like it anymore.

For mascara, I use Dior.

Blush, I still use BE.

Shadow, still use BE

Lipstick, I love Laura Geller.

I use other things too, but can''t think of them right now.

Linda

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Cleopatra,

I have the same problem as you... make up does not stay on all day and I hate to reapply. I have tried the Bare Escentuals product and liked how it looked but found it a bit messy to apply. The powder seems to go everywhere and it''s not easy to reapply on the go. I normally use Revlon ColorStay foundation. I have spent so much money trying to find a product that has good coverage that stays. Tried all the designer stuff to no avail. I found that the ColorStay product works best and it really does stay for me.
My absolute favorite products are:
YSL Touche Eclat highlighter - Great for concealing dark circles and bags. Has a luminous finish that seems to reflect light.
Cle de Peau Beaute concealer - Great coverage.
Shu Uemura eye light pencil - White matte / pearl dual-ended soft crayon pencil. Makes eyes look brighter and wider.
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - This really brightens up my complexion. Wonderful stuff!
Lancome Fatale Brilliant Mascara - Fun for a night out on the town! Adds a little glimmer to your lashes.
Lancome Hypnose Mascara - for everyday wear

What a great thread! I had heard about Model in a Bottle, but didn''t know if it actually worked. Gonna have to try it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, yes, I do wear it as my base sometimes. The oil free has a nice coverage and is great for everyday. I am not sure how the non oil free is in terms of coverage. I do love it though, and find for travel it is great to take one thing, though it is only SPF 20...I think that is high enough for most people but not everyone.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Great, thanks DF!!! I was going to order it online, but have no idea what shade I should get.....
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear nude. I am fair, golden with a bit of ruddiness, but not ultra pale. If you order from Sephora you can try a couple of shades and they will take back the other shades. Also Nordstrom''s will take back, but you can call a Nordstrom nearby and ask the SA for Mercier to send you some samples in little jars so you can decide.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
One product I swear by is Dr. Brandt pores no more. I have big pores and tis stuff makes the almost dissappear! I wear in under Bare escentuals. I love BE - it is perfect for me, I'm not a big makeup wearer and i feel like it's light and subtle.

I also fell in love with philosophy's make up optional line of skincare - my skin has drastically improved since using it - smoother and one of the creams makes breakouts go away very quickly.

Oh, also a fave by smashbox is the Brow Tech - it's wax on one side and powder on the other, to to fill in bald spots and thicken eyebrows in a subtle way. (I hate my eyebrows - ew.)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I wear Bare Escentuals foundation, but for the occasional breakout, I like something with a little better coverage & staying power. I normally hate drugstore brands, but L''Oreal True Match is the best liquid foundation I''ve ever used, better than any department store brand.

As far as color (shados, lipsticks, etc.) my favorites are Bobbi Brown, MAC, and Nars.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Juicy Tubes!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't use much makeup on non-work days, but the makeup artists at work use almost exclusively MAC and Smashbox on me. The most common things I seem them pull out are:

Smashbox
High Definition Healthy Fx Foundation
Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer
Eye Shadow trios (my fave is "Viewfinder")

MAC
Loud Lash mascara
Zoom lash mascara
Fluidline eyeliner
Eye khol
Brow finisher

When I'm not working, I use Everyday Minerals (a knock-off of BareEscentuals, but after using both I actually prefer it) with a wet brush as concealer, and cheapie L'oreal waterproof mascara (can't get my eyelashes to hold curl otherwise!) and that's IT! Nice to have a face break. My favorite face creams (so replenishing) are Apivita's Dream Skin and Skin Supplement.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Total score today! I bought something at Sephora and signed up for the "bonus programs" and got my free BD gift today b/c my BD was within their "elapsed time period". Excellent. She gave me fperfume samples too.....Looking forward to using the Smashbox Primer I bought. The Laura Mercer one I have smells like...well... stinky feet....
14.gif

Also picked up some Masque Frais Hydrant from Nuxe--my face needs a moisture boost during these winter months....oh and scored sample products which are very large in size....

And I love body scrubs...generally buy the Body Shop scrub that comes out this time of year in Cranberry, but they were sold out, so I went to buy the Ginger scrub from Origins, but decided on another product instead. It is the Matcha Tea Body Scrub (Dr. Weil for Origins) and it has lovely essential oils in it so one doesn't have to moisturize after...I cannot wait to scrub myself later and the old man too
25.gif
3.gif
31.gif
......smells devine....

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results