shape
carat
color
clarity

Far too much fun in Graff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 8:24:44 AM
Author: Pandora II
Truth be told, I was rather taken with the vivid pink EC - top shelf far right. It was very pretty in the flesh...

How the heck does one wear those giant 70ct rocks? I mean they are wider than about 2 fingers. Do people actually wear these things? I mean, I can admire them as art - but not exactly wearable.

I hate to say this, and I will probably be evicted from PS, but I actually think I prefer smaller diamonds.
I might agree w/you on that one depending which day it is. I have a friend w/a .75 carat diamond and it sparkles like you would not believe; I love staring at her diamond. hehee I personally don't think I could pull off a huge rock. hehheeee I do think all sizes of stones are fun to look at.
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 2:08:41 PM
Author: bea80
Be very wary of high street stores and remember that if it sounds like a good deal, it is probably too good to be true. You are never going to get a good deal at Graff. Believe me, the reason your salesperson was seemingly able to instantaneously 'come down in price' is because the stones are marked up at about 200% of their wholesale value. If you were to look on Blue Nile this markup would be more like 10-20% of the wholesale value of a stone (assuming a stone of similar cut and quality). With a wholesaler it could be as low as 2-5%.

You also mentioned nothing about the quality of the stone. What about the 4C's? In the glittering but dim lights it is easy for anything to look great. BE SKEPTICAL! Stores like Graff and Tiffany's do a lot of business with 'middle-budget' customers who believe they are getting a good deal at a fancy store on a smaller rock, yet they are unsuspecting that it could actually be a diamond of much lower quality than the rest of the store's inventory.
I'm intrigued that you would write this - looking at your previous posts, you bought your e-ring at Graff.

Care to elaborate on why you chose not to get a good deal?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2007 4:01:50 PM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 11/3/2007 2:08:41 PM
Author: bea80
Be very wary of high street stores and remember that if it sounds like a good deal, it is probably too good to be true. You are never going to get a good deal at Graff. Believe me, the reason your salesperson was seemingly able to instantaneously ''come down in price'' is because the stones are marked up at about 200% of their wholesale value. If you were to look on Blue Nile this markup would be more like 10-20% of the wholesale value of a stone (assuming a stone of similar cut and quality). With a wholesaler it could be as low as 2-5%.

You also mentioned nothing about the quality of the stone. What about the 4C''s? In the glittering but dim lights it is easy for anything to look great. BE SKEPTICAL! Stores like Graff and Tiffany''s do a lot of business with ''middle-budget'' customers who believe they are getting a good deal at a fancy store on a smaller rock, yet they are unsuspecting that it could actually be a diamond of much lower quality than the rest of the store''s inventory.
I''m intrigued that you would write this - looking at your previous posts, you bought your e-ring at Graff.

Care to elaborate on why you chose not to get a good deal?
Pandora~great minds thinking alike...I was about to post this very thing
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results