shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye brow products for a novice

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

I have a bald spot and some hairs growing the wrong direction in my left brow and I've just had enough. :angryfire: So far I've used a brow pencil to make my brows symmetrical but it seems I need something more effective. I'm not exactly a girly girl so this is strange territory to me. Any advice?

Please help!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me it depends on the weather. In Winter Ill use powder and it stays on ok for me all day. I like Brett Freedman's products for powders bec he actually develops for redheads
http://brettfreedman.com/

I use Gingerella.

In the Summer, I use a jar from IT COSMETICS (Auburn, which normally isn't red enough), and if my hair is super fresh, I mix in some from Armani (03). I mix them on my hand to get the right color. I like the Armani brush that "goes with it" that costs a lot of money lol but it's amazing. Best brow brush ever. I use it with all three products. But the It Cosmetics one is also good. Just not as good. lol This stuff stays on ALL DAY and usually all night too ;-)

http://www.qvc.com/IT-Cosmetics-Build-A-Brow-24hr-Waterproof-5-in1-Creme-Gel-Stain-w-Brush.product.A236722.html?sc=A236722-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-6-_-A236722&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/22/a236722.001?$uslarge$

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/giorgio-armani-eye-brow-maestro/3838391?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=400

Application is a little bit "trial and error" and sometimes I get some crazy drag queen brows.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like brow powder better than pencils. It usually comes in a compact with brow powder, wax and a tiny brush.

You use the wax to make the powder sick to your brow. You dip
the brush in the wax, then the powder, then brush it on your brow.

NYC makes one that is really inexpensive if you want to try it to see
if you like it better than pencil.

Edit...drag queen brows..hahaha...done that a few times myself.
seems like the harder I try to get them perfect the higher the chance
of drag queen brow!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mum swears by brow powder that looks like a cake of matt eye shadow to me.

I prefer to use a brow pencil and brush to blend myself. Luckily I do not need to colour my brows often, only when I put on the full paint job involving foundation and powder, so that the brows can stand out more.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone considered permanent or semi-permanent brow-colouring?

I did think about it, then I saw how harsh they looked especially when newly done, and decided against the idea.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
dk168|1432675702|3881434 said:

I did think about it, then I saw how harsh they looked especially when newly done, and decided against the idea.

Tattooing or dying just the hair? I dye the hair but I won't tattoo bec it usually fades and fades to a strange shade. My aunt has her tattooed on, as does a friend and both had the same issue with fading.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1432676318|3881442 said:

Tattooing or dying just the hair? I dye the hair but I won't tattoo bec it usually fades and fades to a strange shade. My aunt has her tattooed on, as does a friend and both had the same issue with fading.

I meant tattooing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I considered this for a while but there are only a few people that tattoo the individual hairs like I would have wanted and they
weren't close by. I found the next best thing though...started using Latisse on my eye-lashes and eye-brows and my eye-brows
are thicker then they've ever been. Before Latisse I had lost almost all my eye-brow past the arch. Now they look great (IMO).
Still have to wax and beautify them but just so happy to have them!

Also read a lot about the fading like ame mentioned. It's not pretty. Brown usually fades to a reddish/orange color.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I use avacado oil on face and eyebrows. For eyebrows I use million dollar brows the pencil and gel to set. Great brush on it to comb thru and blend natural. I think the oil helps the hair to grow or maybe just my wishful thinking, but seems better

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Benefit Brow Zing, which is a little kit that has a cake of colored wax and one of colored powder. You brush on the wax first, and then the powder. The only proviso is that you need to buy a good brow brush to use with it - you'd get tired of using the dinky little brushes that come with the kit very, very quickly. (I used to use separate wax and powder brushes, but now I just use the same brush for both and it seems to work just fine.)

I also use my lash growth serum on my brows and it's definitely helped. (Grandelash.md - it's a non-prescription formula that can be purchased directly from the company - I used the lash applicator but they also sell it with a brow-specific applicator.) It didn't change my genetics or miraculously grown new follicles, so I still augment with the Brow Zing, but my browns have filled in quite a bit.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
sorry not million but billion dollar brow universal pencil/brush and billion dollar brow gel :doh:

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
Hi :wavey:

I am a brow junkie bc I have sparse brows. I also like Anastasia DipBrow Pomade better than their Brow Powder Duo. I like using a really stiff brush bc it gives me a more natural look than the soft brushes. I have the Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in my purse bc it doesn't require sharpening and is convenient, but is not as long lasting as the DipBrow Pomade. I usually don't use clear or tinted brow gel bc I can't get the gel to look natural on me.

I have tried the Benefit Brow Zing and like it, but switched brands bc I couldn't find my correct shade.

=)

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I've had a big scar down the middle of my left eyebrow for most of my life so I am pretty expert at filling in my brows.

I've done a decent job with a pencil, but the problem with the pencil is it doesn't stick really well to the shiny areas of my scar, and rubs off easily in warm/sweaty weather.

I've recently discovered brow - PENS! And they have radically changed my brow game. I've tried a few of them and my favourite is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour. It really is waterproof, it needs soap/makeup remover to take it off. I've even slept in it (I know - naughty) and it still looked perfect in the morning. I like the Stila because it's quite sheer so it's buildable, and very natural looking, a lot more so than a pencil.

I just brush it on the bare patch with little strokes, then fill in the rest of my brows to match, then brush gently with a spoolie.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The lady who waxes my brows got a little vigorous a few months ago and I was left with the tiniest brows you've ever seen. I'm blond so they are never bold anyway but they were sad. It made my whole face look blah.

My hairdresser suggested I use Rogaine on them and it worked. I just applied it with a Q-tip every evening and within a month I had brows back.

I haven't seen any tattoo results I like or I'd go that route. I have mine dyed once a month or so. When I can't have them professionally dyed, I use "Just For Men" beard gel on them and it gets me by. Explaining all that to my husband was hilarious when we had just moved in together and he found "Just For Men" in my medicine cabinet.

I'm too lazy to use brow products every day but the best one I've found is a powder from the European Wax Center. I'm terrible with a pencil and find that a powder is easier to apply and more subtle than a pencil.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the Benefit "Give me Brow." It goes on like a mascara. The best I've tried to far.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use pencils. I find them the easiest and quickest for me. Someone else mentioned that they dont stay on well in hot weather, unfourtnately we dont have much of that problem here so they stay on well for me :tongue:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
My hair colorist does my brows each time. In between, I use the little Estee Lauder brow pencil refills (the bulky holder is not necessary) because that brand makes a nice subtle light brown. The very cheap powder from Maybelline is also good, but the pencil is one piece and retractable.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1432680889|3881466 said:

I considered this for a while but there are only a few people that tattoo the individual hairs like I would have wanted and they
weren't close by. I found the next best thing though...started using Latisse on my eye-lashes and eye-brows and my eye-brows
are thicker then they've ever been. Before Latisse I had lost almost all my eye-brow past the arch. Now they look great (IMO).
Still have to wax and beautify them but just so happy to have them!

Also read a lot about the fading like ame mentioned. It's not pretty. Brown usually fades to a reddish/orange color.

I have heard that Latisse can make our eyelids itchy, which is why I have not tried it yet for my lashes. But on the brows - do they get itchy with Latisse?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results