shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for my aunt!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
She has been diagnosed with rectal cancer. They are staging her this week. I really hope it is not advanced.

I have already lost my mother to breast cancer, and she is the only other female relative I was around a lot as a child. So I really don't want anything to happen to her.

Anyways, positive thought. Hopefully everything works out.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust and healthy vibes to your Aunt!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear this LtlF :(sad I'll be praying for the best diagnosis possible.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of dust her way LF. Hoping they caught it in time, and that she will make a full recovery and be around for a long time to come. HUGS!!! :halo:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust and prayers. I hope it is early stage and that her recovery goes well. Take care.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Hopefully I will find out this weekend. I am hoping they caught it in time too. Fingers crossed.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear about this. As someone who has lost 3 very close loved ones to cancer in the past 4 years, I understand how difficult it is. Stay strong. Sending lots of dust and positive vibes to you and your family. I hope that she gets the best possible news and makes a complete recovery.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
They can do so much with cancer now, better treatments than they had 10 years ago, even 5 years ago.

I hope and pray that your aunt will be fine.

And I send dust to you both, since you are obviously a caring niece. (why don't we have a dust emoticon?)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.

Oranges, I am sorry for all the loved ones you have lost.

I was thinking (with 2 glasses of wine in me because my boss was pretty harsh on me at work). I remember for 2 years I was trying to convince my father to get a colonoscopy. He refused to go. One day, we were having dinner with my aunt, and he somehow colonoscopies came up. He said "LTF wants me to get this thing, isn't this stupid?" my aunt said "no, it is actually really important." That convinced my Dad to go. Of course he scheduled it when I was on a break from school, and made me drive him to and from since I was making him get it. Of course I did that. They found two polyps (possible precursors to cancer). They told him he would need another one in two years. And now his view on colonoscopies has totally changed and he understands, and states he will never refuse one again.

It is just one of those things. A five minute conversation with my aunt possibility saved my Father's life. And now she is dealing with the problem she saved my Father from. It is one of those scenarios that makes you ask why?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lit - I'll keep your aunt in my prayers.

les12

Shiny_Rock
So sorry your aunt is going through this! I really believe that prayer is a powerful thing. I'll be praying for her and your family, I hope the bad news turns around soon.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this Lit, I'll keep your aunt in my thoughts and prayers and hope for the best possible news. Hugs to you, I know how very worried you must be.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust and prayers for you and your Aunt. :((

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I'm sending your Aunt all the positive and uplifting thoughts ... I hope all turns out well. So sorry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow, sending prayers to you and your aunt. Since she has been diligent about her colonoscopies, I hope things are in their early stages and 100% curable.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone so much for the thoughts.

So I am mixed about the news. My Father told me the cancer is local (great news)...but that it is a rare type and that they are putting a port in (basically a long term IV) and starting chemo than radiation. So that makes me nervous that is is a more aggressive cancer and I am wondering why they do not feel they can surgically remove it. I cannot figure out what type of cancer it is. I am going to talk to the adult docs at work tomorrow and see if they can help me out.

Thanks again for all your thoughts. I know this treatment will be difficult for my aunt to go though, but hopefully it works out for her.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I'll keep your aunt in my thoughts and prayers!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust forthcoming.
I hope she gets good news re: staging.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lulu and Haven

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers from everyone.

I just found out from my father that the doctors are not even sure what type of cancer it is :-o . She is at a good medical center so this worries me a little. I really hope they figure it out. It is much easier to treat something when you know what you are dealing with.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending lots of positive vibes your aunts way. hugs

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Dust for your aunt and you! I have an aunt who means a lot to me too who's undergoing chemotherapy.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Prayers for comfort and healing are headed to your Aunt.

I have problems in that area and the nerves/muscles are extremely sensitive. They may not want to perform surgery if they can take care of it with chemo/radiation.

Bless her heart....your's too!

Lori

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Dust and prayers headed her way.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gosh I'm sorry to hear this Ltl. Sending lots of dust your way.

It sounds like they've caught it early if it's local? I'll be hoping for good news. {Hugs}

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1290606208|2778001 said:
Dust for your aunt and you! I have an aunt who means a lot to me too who's undergoing chemotherapy.

Thank you, I am sorry you are having to go through something similar and hope your aunt is able to fight this.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for the sweet comments and support.

lori - You made a very good point, and I am really hoping that was why they chose not to do surgery

I am not sure when I will hear any news, but I will keep you all updated when I do no more.

My father advised I get her a card. Should I do something inspirational? Or just "I am thinking of you?"

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker|1290654750|2778805 said:
Imdanny|1290606208|2778001 said:

Thank you, I am sorry you are having to go through something similar and hope your aunt is able to fight this.

Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results