shape
carat
color
clarity

does your pet wear diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
My beagle "Molly" has a pink collar with a row of faux diamonds. If I had money I didn''t know what to do with, she''d be wearing real diamonds around her neck for sure!

I only acquired the dog last semester -- a girl who sat beside me in theory had four beagles and wanted to get rid of one, so she gave her to me. She''s 2 years old and little, the 13 inch variety, but needs oh so much attention. I have told her constantly when I''m home, and if I stop petting her, she takes her little paws and starts patting my hands and face! She sings "Happy Birthday" by howling the whole way through the song.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Nope! He''s a good ol'' southern huntin'' dog, so even if I wanted to, I could never get away with putting him in anything ritzy. He wouldn''t like it, and we just couldn''t pull it off.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haha! Love the topic. Morty (kitty) has a bling-y collar with his name on it for special occasions (it''s not a safety collar - it''s got that rubber band thing in it, but not the breakaway clasp, so I don''t let him wear it unsupervised). I got it for him when he was still an only child, so no matching one for Elmo - the little letters that spell out their names are expensive!

But I do have to admit that I''m a little collar-crazy - I like my kitties to have style. Morty and Elmo ALWAYS wear coordinating collars, and they have about 20 to choose from - ones for holidays, for the fall, summer, spring, etc. When you figure that the collars are about $10 a pop, I might as well buy them diamonds!
41.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
In 2002 I worked for a high end custom jeweler,and we redesigned a diamond tennis style bracelet( about$4,000 retail)to fit a small poodle.She was obsessed with that dog!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My baby Cleo (kitty) will not leave a collar on, and they scare me because even the break-away ones almost strangled a past cat, so she has no bling. (Though I did once take a picture of her with my e-ring.)

We want a Teacup Yorkie though, and when I get him, ooooooh....he''s going to be dripping with fauz gems and he will have a sweet little carrying bag with his name on it. LOL I can''t wait to have a dog I can dress up and carry everywhere!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Nope. My cats are simple creatures. They are happy with their break-away collars with boomerang tags.

But my childhood family dog, a catahoula named Maggie, was often sporting a double strand of faux pearlylike beads. She LOVED them! She would literally PRANCE when you put them on her. But then she''d go roll in something... so she never got an upgrade. I don''t think she cared.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 2:04:40 PM
Author: jewelerman
In 2002 I worked for a high end custom jeweler,and we redesigned a diamond tennis style bracelet( about$4,000 retail)to fit a small poodle.She was obsessed with that dog!
23.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

Good Grief!!! Some people go overboard with their pets.

Our Lhasa, just wears a simple dog collar. Red with doggie foot prints on it.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My black and white cat wears a diamond toe ring. Once it got lost in the liter box and it took me AN HOUR to find it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 2:45:21 PM
Author: Linda W

9.gif

simple here too. our yorkie sports a plain black collar. can''t see it anyway with all his hair
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 2:54:39 PM
Author: MC
My black and white cat wears a diamond toe ring. Once it got lost in the liter box and it took me AN HOUR to find it!
o.k., gotta see a picture of this!
36.gif

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 2:54:45 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 7/11/2008 2:45:21 PM
Author: Linda W

9.gif

simple here too. our yorkie sports a plain black collar. can''t see it anyway with all his hair
9.gif
Well, Hunter does get a little fancy sometimes - BF bought him a separate collar for football season with the team''s logo on it
21.gif
, and then he has another one that he wears the rest of the year.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
My Silky Terrier Trooper already has a complex because people who are not familiar with Silky''s always say "ahhhh what a cute Yorkie".
I had a T-Shirt made for him that said I DON''T WEAR NO STINKIN'' BOWS AND I''M NOT A YORKIE

I don''t think he''s the type to wear diamonds. He has no idea that he weighs 8 lbs.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 4:12:02 PM
Author: purrfectpear
My Silky Terrier Trooper already has a complex because people who are not familiar with Silky''s always say ''ahhhh what a cute Yorkie''.

I had a T-Shirt made for him that said I DON''T WEAR NO STINKIN'' BOWS AND I''M NOT A YORKIE

I don''t think he''s the type to wear diamonds. He has no idea that he weighs 8 lbs.

hahahaha! i should get one that just says i don''t wear no stinkin'' bows. i can''t tell you how many times they tried to put his hair in a bow. he''s a BOY. no bows! no matter how many times i''ve said that
20.gif

oh, and they best is when they said well i put in a blue bow since he''s a boy "insert lady''s big smile here" people, it was shocking BRIGHT purple. PURPLE. like pink-purple.
20.gif

but, i digress...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I KNOW...ive talked to my cat over and over to remove her toe ring BEFORE using the litter box..she acts like she dosnt even hear me!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Well, that''s a cat for you. Independent little furballs aren''t they
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 8:09:31 PM
I KNOW...ive talked to my cat over and over to remove her toe ring BEFORE using the litter box..she acts like she dosnt even hear me!
My cat doesn't listen either. In fact when I try to explain that she HAS TO take her two ring off since the diamonds in the band are so small in the channel setting that they're too hard to clean with liter in them, she HISSES at me. She is so spoiled!

Next time around, she'll get a belly button ring! That may be less maintainance.
3.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My two furbabies pull at each other by their collars and tags when they play and tumble around. I have enough of an expense replacing their collars (they''re embroidered with their names and my phone number) every year. No diamonds or even faux stones for these two. I wouldn''t want them to swallow one. When they''re bored, they tend to look for things to tear apart. I can''t imagine the damage it might do if they swallowed a diamond........ More Vet''s bills!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results