shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a balance beam scale?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had it with bathroom scales. I can never seem to find one that is accurate. Maybe they start out fairly accurate but
they don't stay that way. The balance beam scale at my gym is consistent and I force myself to only use it once a week but
it has been consistently going down, for which I am thankful. My scale at home, which is fairly new, can vary up to 10
pounds. Talk about frustration.

So I was wondering if anyone has bought a home model and has found it accurate consistently. I would really like to have a
scale that I don't have to dub 'the lying b**ch'.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes,mechanical scale are the best.

koi 308.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We have one of those "smart" scales:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/regProduct.asp?WRN=-616354293&sku=13725098&

It is perfect on the weight, which is great... however, the body fat %'ge it gives is wayyyy off for both me and my husband. What it shows for me is higher than for my actual, and for my husband it shows a lower number than his actual.

ETA: The balance scale seems really acurate, but we don't have the room for something that bulky in our bathroom. Do you?! If so... I am JEALOUS!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1298404984|2857378 said:

DF-if only my butt would fit on that thing.....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
meresal|1298408120|2857404 said:
We have one of those "smart" scales:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/regProduct.asp?WRN=-616354293&sku=13725098&

It is perfect on the weight, which is great... however, the body fat %'ge it gives is wayyyy off for both me and my husband. What it shows for me is higher than for my actual, and for my husband it shows a lower number than his actual.

ETA: The balance scale seems really acurate, but we don't have the room for something that bulky in our bathroom. Do you?! If so... I am JEALOUS!

I am thinking could fit it behind the door of the toilet room, but other than that I will have to make room in our bedroom
closet. We have tried multiple scales and they just don't seem to be very accurate. I am way to tied to what the bathroom
scale says and it has way to much power over me to ruin my day. There was such huge fluctuations that I was beginning to
think there was something seriously wrong with me. I keep a food diary and measure everything and eat totally clean, not
a grain of sugar in anything, and I would step on the scale and gain four or five pounds. Then I tried the scale at the gym, and
it has been consistently moving in the right direction! :appl:

Before I invest, I would love to hear if anyone has one and it has remained accurate over time!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1298412125|2857452 said:
Dancing Fire|1298404984|2857378 said:

DF-if only my butt would fit on that thing.....
buy a bigger version like they use in the Dr's office.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave up on all of the modern consumer bathroom type electronic scales about 10 years ago as they did not last and were not that accurate, and purchased a medical type balance beam scale (same kind as in the Dr's office).

Of course now the Dr's office has installed an electronic scale. I note that they are on their 2nd one after only a couple of years. I wonder if they don't miss the old reliable 20+ year old balance beam scale they used to have.

Perry

amc80

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1298408120|2857404 said:

The ones you stand on are only measuring the body fat in your lower body, and uses that as a basis for your total %. So if your husband has skinny legs (like most guys) and carries more weight in his northern half, it would underestimate his overall %. And vice versa for you.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents have one. It's definitely at least 50 years old, probably older. It has stayed accurate. And weighing yourself on it is much more fun than on electronic scales.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yup - my uncle with whom I lived. They are great and you can also calibrate them yourself, if it is ever needed, by turning a little screw on the side of the beam, until it balances correctly on the "zero" position.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My grandma has one. She and my grandpa are both retired physicians. I think she took hers from her practice when she retired.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results