shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you want to move?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, due to my situation right now HELL YES I want to move...and I am going to try to make it all work out...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 1:31:39 AM
Author: diamondfan
well, due to my situation right now HELL YES I want to move...and I am going to try to make it all work out...

diamondfan! Good to see you! I''m sorry things are rough right now...hugs to you.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes and no. We just moved back to my home state, but we're staying with my parents for a while. We're hoping to find an apartment soon. I don't want to move away from our general area again, but I do want to find a place to live and get settled in somewhere.

ETA: If I could move the condo we were renting and bring it up here, that would be perfect. The rent is great, the complex has many amenities, and the location is really nice. We had plenty of space, too, which we don't have at the moment. In New England, everything is much older, unlike our area of NC, which was fairly new. I like the "newness" of things in NC -- I miss that. Oh, and the weather is awesome.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:02:09 PM
Author: princesss
I can't wait to move houses. We're planning on moving towards the end of summer, and I'm seriously counting down the days. We're going rental-house hunting when I get back from vacation, and I'm practically bouncing in my seat thinking about it. It'll be the first place we've chosen together, and the first place to really make 'ours' until we buy our first home, and it's been really hard for me to be patient. We're living in a house that's much too big right now and I'm terrified of what the gas bill will look like now that we've put the air conditioning on. Plus the yard is a lot of work...I just want a small house with a fenced in yard near our friends. Should be easy to find. As an added bonus, we should be able to get one for less rent than we pay now, which would be fantastic since we'd spend way less on driving the 30-40 minutes to hang out with our friends.

So yes, I want to move. Desperately.

I know you want a house, Princesss, but I know of condo that is currently vacant right now.
2.gif
If you want details, let me know. It might not be in the area you want though...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES, YES, YES. I most definitely do!!

I recently asked DH whether we should downgrade to a condo when we eventually move back to Singapore from China, and he said no. I'm so happy he said that, because when I was in Singapore last week, our tenant invited me to come over for coffee and I kid you not, I teared up as soon as I stepped inside. They'd put some really nice furniture in the place and hung up lots of lovely paintings so the house looks even better than we were living in it! She asked me if I wanted to go upstairs and had a look and I declined telling her that I might burst out crying!!

I LOVE our house. It's our HOME. We bought it and had it renovated, putting practically all our hard-earned savings into it and lots and lots of our time and tender loving care. I MISS it soooooo much and cannot wait to move back in!!
13.gif

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Woah, I''m surprised at all the Philly love in this thread.
2.gif

My current apartment sux a lot but I''m really looking forward to moving to our condo. It''s tiny, but there''s only the two of us and our rodents, so we''ll be fine. It''s in a nice neighborhood with an easy walk to my job. I''ll finally (FINALLY!!) have a real kitchen. And we''ll have a roof deck!

I''m so excited about this move. Once it''s over I hope we don''t move again for a long long time.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
No! I LOVE my house! We built it new in 2003. I love our home, the size (3300 sq. ft), my neighbors, the schools, the community. Love it all. We want to finish landscaping the backyard, finish out basement, it''s time to replace the carpet in the family room and I want different kitchen flooring. So while we have plans for our home, we definitely won''t be moving anywhere unless the neighborhood goes to he!! in a handbasket!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES I would love to move, I hate my house!!!!!!!!!!!! but money and the economy doesnt allow for me to move, we just simply owe to much to sell
32.gif

ETA my house almost 100 years old and let me tell you what the maintance is awful..make sure if anyone wants to buy a older home that you have the money and time to constantly work on it...we are too old for this crap, lol, maybe one day we will move to a condo or something....

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 6:21:28 AM
Author: Phoenix
YES, YES, YES. I most definitely do!!

I recently asked DH whether we should downgrade to a condo when we eventually move back to Singapore from China, and he said no. I''m so happy he said that, because when I was in Singapore last week, our tenant invited me to come over for coffee and I kid you not, I teared up as soon as I stepped inside. They''d put some really nice furniture in the place and hung up lots of lovely paintings so the house looks even better than we were living in it! She asked me if I wanted to go upstairs and had a look and I declined telling her that I might burst out crying!!

I LOVE our house. It''s our HOME. We bought it and had it renovated, putting practically all our hard-earned savings into it and lots and lots of our time and tender loving care. I MISS it soooooo much and cannot wait to move back in!!
13.gif
Holy cow - no idea why, but this post really made me miss Singapore.
39.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 1:31:39 AM
Dfan! I''m sorry you''re in a bad situation, but I wanted to say that it''s nice to "see" you around!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
We live in a pretty small one-bedroom apartment, but I love it. The minute we walked in I fell in love with it. The kitchen is beautiful and the bathroom is really pretty and updated. The rest of the apartment isn''t very big, but I just really love our building and the way our apartment is set up. We rent, though, so pretty soon we''re going to think about buying a place and I would love the extra space a two-bedroom would give us. But it makes me kinda sad to think about leaving our apartment...
8.gif

I like our neighborhood and it''s in a great location for our needs right now, but one day when we have children we know we will move somewhere else. I need a neighborhood with backyards, houses, and parks. We live in a place that''s more city-like right now, and while it''s ok for us right now, when we have kids we want to move to the suburbs.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks guys for the support I really appreciate it more than you know....

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 3:10:19 PM
Author: Liane
Woah, I''m surprised at all the Philly love in this thread.
2.gif

Me too! If all these PSers actually do come back here, maybe I will re-think wanting to leave the city...still want to move houses, though.
1.gif

abbyful

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like our house and our friends... but I want to live on the coast! I plan on moving to another state in the next couple years.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 8:31:49 PM
thanks guys for the support I really appreciate it more than you know....
I didn''t know ... And am sorry. Please email me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results