kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you support Trump for president?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

The bigger question is who do I support but I can most definitely say NO I don't and never will support Trump for President. I did enjoy an episode or 2 of his Celebrity Apprentice show. He should stick to making entertaining reality shows. That's the extent of his talent in the public eye IMO.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say I hear this sentiment echoed all the time - 'who and where are all of these supporters that we keep hearing about casting votes for Trump?' No one that I know supports or admits to supporting Donald Trump for President. Granted that's not a sampling of folks all across the country by any means but I'd think that someone - given his numbers - would be a supporter.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1458910643|4010837 said:
They all live in FL. I'm surrounded by morons.

LOL well there are plenty out in the burbs where we are too. Believe me. In the urban environment I am surrounded by more intelligent souls but out in the burbs let's just say the collective IQ goes down a bit. :wall: :((

That is NOT to say if one lives in the burbs they are less smart than if they live in the city but just sharing my perspective. There are no supporters of Trump in my NYC neighborhood but I suspect many more supporters where we have a house by the shore in the suburbs. My personal anecdotal observation ONLY. Not trying to piss suburbanites off. I promise. There are lots of smart suburbanites and I might become one myself one day in the not too far future. ::)

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1458911106|4010840 said:

LOL well there are plenty out in the burbs where we are too. Believe me. In the urban environment I am surrounded by more intelligent souls but out in the burbs let's just say the collective IQ goes down a bit. :wall: :((

DH and I went to the Strawberry Festival a few weeks ago (which is held an EXTREMELY rural area outside of Tampa) and it was like walking into a different world. Confederate flags, Trump t-shirts - these are the people voting for him.

We are moving to Chicago at the end of the year and it cannot come soon enough. I don't know if I can make it through this election cycle in swing state hell!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1458911477|4010842 said:
missy|1458911106|4010840 said:

DH and I went to the Strawberry Festival a few weeks ago (which is held an EXTREMELY rural area outside of Tampa) and it was like walking into a different world. Confederate flags, Trump t-shirts - these are the people voting for him.

We are moving to Chicago at the end of the year and it cannot come soon enough. I don't know if I can make it through this election cycle in swing state hell!

Many years ago, went to the NC state fair, which is probably a similar demographic. 90+% wearing the Republican stickers for president that they were handing out that day. When we got back to our truck (which has a planned parenthood sticker on it) someone stuck a church fan in our windshield. Someone angrily wrote (over the picture of Jesus with a flock of sheep ) "Only a faggot or a baby killing abortionist would park this close to another vehicle".

Crazy.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1458910515|4010835 said:
I must say I hear this sentiment echoed all the time - 'who and where are all of these supporters that we keep hearing about casting votes for Trump?' No one that I know supports or admits to supporting Donald Trump for President. Granted that's not a sampling of folks all across the country by any means but I'd think that someone - given his numbers - would be a supporter.

you know hes a good candidate when you're ashamed to admit you support him

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1458916909|4010879 said:
MissGotRocks|1458910515|4010835 said:

you know hes a good candidate when you're ashamed to admit you support him

+1! Ha!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1458916565|4010878 said:
Many years ago, went to the NC state fair, which is probably a similar demographic. 90+% wearing the Republican stickers for president that they were handing out that day. When we got back to our truck (which has a planned parenthood sticker on it) someone stuck a church fan in our windshield. Someone angrily wrote (over the picture of Jesus with a flock of sheep ) "Only a faggot or a baby killing abortionist would park this close to another vehicle".

Crazy.

That is...appalling is not a strong enough word.

DH refuses to put any "position" stickers on our cars or political signs in the yard (not that I'd want to, but he's vehemently opposed to it), because he genuinely feels there are enough crazy Trump supporters in our area that someone with a Bernie/Hillary flag's house is going to get torched.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
While I oppose Trump, Hillery's no better. Not a popular opinion with many here, I'm guessing.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1458917886|4010885 said:
part gypsy|1458916565|4010878 said:

Crazy.

That is...appalling is not a strong enough word.

DH refuses to put any "position" stickers on our cars or political signs in the yard (not that I'd want to, but he's vehemently opposed to it), because he genuinely feels there are enough crazy Trump supporters in our area that someone with a Bernie/Hillary flag's house is going to get torched.

yes I am definitely more careful what I put on my car after that.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1458920092|4010895 said:
While I oppose Trump, Hillery's no better. Not a popular opinion with many here, I'm guessing.

When people say (Hillary is no better than Trump, I honestly do not know what that means! Trump has 0 political experience, yet thinks he's an expert on everything (including foreign policy), and his views/policies are destabilizing to the US internally, as well as with relations with other countries. I wouldn't trust him to be the ambassador of the least significant country. Economically he wants to do extreme trickle down (cut taxes on wealthy especially) which, every time this happened, did not improve the economy and blew up the deficit.

Hillary is a seasoned experienced politician. She has served as senator and Secretary of State. She is a moderate (actually too conservative/pro corporation to me). While she would not bring too many surprises or changes to this country, that is definitely better than the potential for class/ethnic warfare within our country, or even starting another war! There is no comparison.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is no better?! No better??? Really?

You may not like her but I don't see her election to POTUS as an embarrassment to the country. She isn't sexist, racist, and xenophobobic. She isn't insulting the handicapped.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Folks while I agree to the dislike of Trump let's not insult his supporters who are PS members.
Not cool.
You and I have not walked a mile in their shoes.

This thread will be shut down for violation of a PS policy.

It would be nice if the atmosphere here facilitated Trump supporters speaking up.
If kept civil the discussions could be very interesting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are only 10 conservatives here.. :wink2:

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Living in the city would make my neck hurt. Looking down your nose from the pedestal you put yourself on must take practice.

Q

Queenie60

I don't like to get involved with all of the political postings however I need to speak my thoughts. I am very much of a conservative and always have been - despite growing up with a family of Democrats. However, there are many things I do not agree with the Republicans - I believe in human rights; Gay marriage and pro choice as I feel these are not political issues. Gays should have the right to marry and women should have the right to choose. However, I am very tired of paying high taxes. This year we paid taxes to the extent that we paid out 49% of our earnings in taxes. That's too much in my opinion. And yes, I'll admit that we are considered "wealthy" as we own a lot of real estate. And, the wealth did not just fall out of the sky and into our laps. We saved and lived below our means for many years to have the financial independence that we have. In summary, I will vote for the Republican Nominee, whoever that may be. I am not saying that I like Trump or am a Trump supporter but I am a Republican and will proudly vote Republican. I am not going to bash Obama or Hillary or Bernie however, their policies stink. That's my opinion and I respect the opinions of all of the Democrats out there. Just my input for what it's worth. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1458925163|4010948 said:
I don't like to get involved with all of the political postings however I need to speak my thoughts. I am very much of a conservative and always have been - despite growing up with a family of Democrats. However, there are many things I do not agree with the Republicans - I believe in human rights; Gay marriage and pro choice as I feel these are not political issues. Gays should have the right to marry and women should have the right to choose. However, I am very tired of paying high taxes. This year we paid taxes to the extent that we paid out 49% of our earnings in taxes. That's too much in my opinion. And yes, I'll admit that we are considered "wealthy" as we own a lot of real estate. And, the wealth did not just fall out of the sky and into our laps. We saved and lived below our means for many years to have the financial independence that we have. In summary, I will vote for the Republican Nominee, whoever that may be. I am not saying that I like Trump or am a Trump supporter but I am a Republican and will proudly vote Republican. I am not going to bash Obama or Hillary or Bernie however, their policies stink. That's my opinion and I respect the opinions of all of the Democrats out there. Just my input for what it's worth. :wavey:
:shhh: ...Wash your mouth with soap!. :lol: Now we have 11 conservative PSers .. :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

I too am a party-voter even when their candidate stinks.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hay joe|1458925158|4010947 said:
Living in the city would make my neck hurt. Looking down your nose from the pedestal you put yourself on must take practice.

If you're referring to my pedestal where I consider racism disgusting, bigotry unacceptable, and the Confederacy an embarrassing thing to still be proudly supporting in 2016... then yes, my city-living pedestal is pretty great. My neck feels wonderful.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="kenny|

I too am a party-voter even when their candidate stinks.[/quote]

So, another vote for Trump??... :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1458928198|4010973 said:
[quote="kenny|]

I too am a party-voter even when their candidate stinks.

So, another vote for Trump??... :bigsmile:[/quote][/quote]

Well, if Trump becomes the Democratic candidate, then Yes.

Oh crap! Did I just write that?

screen_shot_2016-03-25_at_10.png

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
liaerfbv|1458927299|4010966 said:

If you're referring to my pedestal where I consider racism disgusting, bigotry unacceptable, and the Confederacy an embarrassing thing to still be proudly supporting in 2016... then yes, my city-living pedestal is pretty great. My neck feels wonderful.

Practice, practice, practice.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hay joe|1458928599|4010977 said:
liaerfbv|1458927299|4010966 said:

Practice, practice, practice.

Are you saying we shouldn't feel unfavorably towards these traits in people? Should I embrace the hate a white supremacist feels towards minorities?

(Also I'd like to point out that you yourself are preaching rather condescendingly towards me... takes one to know one.)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1458926184|4010953 said:
:shhh: ...Wash your mouth with soap!. :lol: Now we have 11 conservative PSers .. :bigsmile:

Its now up to 12.

But not a Rino/GOPe disciple....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jd, honey, is that you?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But Queenie,

The taxes you pay go to subsidize the big businesses that the Republican Party supports. If you are paying 49% of your income out in taxes, you aren't wealthy enough to vote Republican.

And that's what the Republican Party does. It hides behind the ruse that if you work hard enough, you can be wealthy like them. They support big business at the expense of the regular people and they sell you the idea that it is the poor who are eating up the taxes that you pay. Sigh.

http://www.alternet.org/robert-reich-corporate-welfare-destroying-our-economy-video

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
As I predicted, it's acceptable to share negative opinions about Trump but not Hillery. Ha!
While Donald and Hillery share many political views, I was speaking more to personal attributes. Do you really think Hillery's all that?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results