Votes: 26 32.9%
  • 3. Version 3.0

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • 4. Version 4.0+

Votes: 8 10.1%

• Total voters

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poll. And if it did change, what changed? Stone? Setting? Both? How many years have you had an e-ring?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've had mine 5.5 years, no change.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We upgraded but still have the originals.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I do not.

I had a wedding set but I became sensitive to white gold and could not wear my 14kt WG set without developing a nasty, red, blistered rash on my finger.

I switched it for a lovely platinum 5-stone wedding band with E/VS1 diamonds.

My original set sat in the safe deposit box. The original center stone was a .68 pear shaped diamond that I had set into a simple pendant. My friend was given a .51 carat RB diamond and needed a setting. I donated my wedding set to her, went with her to switch the peg head out to fit a round instead of a pear, and now she wears it with her MIL's diamond. I don't have children and don't have siblings and to me the thought of unused jewelry sitting in a vault is just sad, so I passed my wedding set on to her as I knew she could use it. And, I see it all the time, now that she wears it. :D

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Worn every day since receiving it in 2006.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have my very first e-ring. I HATED it. I literally picked it because is was the cheapest one the vendor in L.A had at the time. Long story. I traded it in at Zales about 5 years into my marriage. We paid $250. for it and traded it in for $900. I have never been sorry.
I wore the second set for 23 year and still have it. Wouldn't part with that one.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have mine. I wear a plain silver wedding band now.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Mine is version 4.0 now. :oops:

Version 1.0 - 4 princess cut stones set in an illusion setting from a maul store. It was all DH could afford at the time.
Version 2.0 - had the 4 stones removed and channel set onto the band (2 on each side) and added a .5 ct princess as the new "center" stone.
Version 3.0 - after dropping a keyboard on my hand and bending the setting, I had the princess kite-set while it was being repaired.
Version 4.0 - after DH offered me my asscher upgrade, I removed the princess and replaced it with a .95 ct. blue sapphire and turned it into a right hand ring (which has been in my jewelry box since I got my pink tourmaline last week :oops: )

It will be interesting to read others' stories.

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
We only had matching wedding bands in high k gold that still wear. Got my first e-ring a year later. After 16 years and several rings, the belated e-ring is my favorite.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Essentially, yes. I had my stone set into a temp setting right from the outset until we could decide on my forever design. That happened within 5 months, and I've worn the ring unchanged since for 7.5 years now.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have my original diamond. That diamond I will keep forever. The setting I changed out right away (had it for a week), because I didn't want white gold. DH didn't know that. The setting I was married with I still have, but not for long. When I finally reset my diamond, I will sell that setting.

I don't have any sentimental attachment to settings, just the original diamond.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Version 2. First one was poorly designed and made and was wrecked within 5 yrs.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have it, version 1, no changes. I first received it in Autumn 2006 so about 6 years, 2 months. I rarely wear it, it sticks up too high and isn't great for my job. I've collected rather than changing and prefer to wear a ring with a small diamond, lower setting, and more metal for an everyday ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost my original ering many years ago, although I lost it in the house somewhere and am convinced I'll stumble upon it one of these days. For years I wore my wedding band, vintage rings from ebay or a combination of the two. I received a wedding set a few years ago, and due to this dam DSS am hoping for a larger stone in the future. My husband and I are not really that sentimental about jewelry - he doesn't even realize my ering is lost! He's never mentioned it. I'd really like to find it though, it would be nice to have.

eta: I've been married 27 years, just for background info!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my original diamond (pre-PS) recut by BGD and turned into a sparkly bezel set pendant! I turned in the platinum setting for scrap metal which was credited towards my latest upgrade. No regrets at all!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reset to 2.0 for our 20th anniversary, so I wore 1.0 for 22 years.
I still have the original yg setting and plan to eventually find and set a sapphire or blue spinel into that. Probably sapphire to match with the sapphire/diamond band from our 5th anniversary.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
still have my original ering (.33 ct Marquis in YG) but when we had it out a while ago, it was "cute" to look at! And.. it was all **I** could afford at the time!

version 2.0 was at 20 years - 1.06 princess F solitaire set in custom platinum. again... *I* paid for that one too!

now on version 3.0 for 26.5 years ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-3-stone-e-ring-upgrade.167386/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-3-stone-e-ring-upgrade.167386/[/URL]) and think I'll keep this one for a bit, now that I've had the shank 'thinned' out. oh... yeah... I paid for this one too! Geesh... :nono:

The WB, however, is the same YG. Was once a knife edge Tiffany style, now its a 'hump' style - LOL! - that knife edge is long gone after all these years!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upgraded twice, same ring just bigger. But still have the original ering, couldn't part with that...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First got engaged very young, 18 for me 19 for him. Had a mall ring. We never planned on getting married right away and as we started making more money we traded in my ring for the same thing just a larger cttw. I was also having problems with my original setting and was glad to get a new one. It was a princess cut with a channel set princess cut band.

Then, I saw a picture of an asscher cut diamond and I coveted it immediately. I started combing through eBay when I ran across one of DBL's postings of an asscher in a pink legacy type setting. I immediately LOVED it with a passion I never thought I could have! FH saw how much I loved it, we had the money and he gave me his blessing. We got the new ring and I have had it ever since! It is the ring I had when I got married and I still love it more than four years later.

After I got my new ring and started learning more about diamonds here and elsewhere I learned how poor the cut of my old stone and setting really was. It really turned me off of keeping it and resetting it which was my original plan. Instead I traded it again for a really lovely bracelet which I then wore on our wedding day and many times after.

I wish I knew better from the beginning, if I had I would have only had 1 ering. It still blows my mind to know how much we overpaid on my first ring and the subsequent exact upgrade, I could have had one hell of a piece with all the money we put into it! At least I learned and we know much better now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got engaged and married at age 21 and wore that 1 ct. solitaire for 30 years! I got a new solitaire with 1.63 ct. diamond 5 years ago and am deciding what to do with it now. If I do change it, I plan to never change it again. I still have my original diamond and it will be offered to one of my kids when they get engaged.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'm on version 1.0. Only 18 months in, but I don't see trading her in anytime in the near or far future. To me, my e-ring is just like Mary Poppins: practically perfect in every way!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wore my original ering for 14 years. It was destroyed in an accident that also left me with a broken wrist. I still have the ring with its broken stone and mangled setting in my jewelry box, and I pull it out every now and then and think about hubby surprising me with it when he proposed. I can't bring myself to get rid of it! It took me a while, and a lot of encouragement from my husband, to replace it.

The stone in ring #2 only lasted about 6 months when I noticed I had chipped it. I was really disappointed because it was such a beautiful ACA stone in the perfect size for me. I replaced it with an ACA stone of very similar size, but it doesn't seem to have the same...something (I can't put my finger on it) that the first replacement stone had. I've worn it for 3 years and don't plan to upgrade the diamond because it is a beautiful stone, but I probably will change the setting at some point. I have no attachment to this ring like I did my first one. I'd rather have my original ering and a nice selection of rhr's!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I traded my cathedral solitaire (the one in my avatar - I got it in 2004) for a 3 stone in 2008. I have always loved the classic look of 3 stone rings ut it wasn't in the budget when we got the original ring. I upgraded the centre stone significantly this past summer. This is my last and final version! :love: Truthfully I am more attached to my simple 3mm white gold comfort fit wedding band than my diamonds.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my original diamond. But my original setting was stolen when our house was broken into. :blackeye:

My setting is version 2.5. It is my second shank, but not my second halo and I had the halo redone with Steven Kirsch because my original was costing too much in repairs because of pave problems.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still have/wear my original e-ring which was given to me May of 2005. I have thought of other designs that would be more practical.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Versions 2.0. Got married young with a $1000 YG ering--my husband chose the setting because it was cheap and in his mind had some relationship to what I said I liked. After 10+ years, I reset original stone 2 years ago into a semicustom YG setting with WhiteFlash to match the YG wedding band. It did not come out as I requested. It was really upsetting. I've posted about it and have asked for suggestions on new settings.

I don't like the new setting, but am too traumatized to reset again in the near future. I am hoping that I will happen upon the perfect setting one day.

The original setting is in a box. I will probably will rhodium plate it and wear it as an occasional RHR ring.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will have had my e-ring for five years come February 19th, so ... can I play early? Still have it, and will never swap it out (though I quite like dressing it up with different anniversary bands). I did just get a new anniversary ring that's a carat bigger than the e-ring, but I have noooooooooo problem double-fisting the bling ....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't get an e-ring until I'd been married 15 years. I still have my original wedding ring (it's too small now), it was my great grandmother's wedding ring. I still have my diamond in its original setting which its been in for 4.5 years now, but I want to reset it, but only once more.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had mine for around 7 years, but I quit wearing after a couple of years when I got a new one and then after awhile I did a reset and had the 2 rings combined...I havent wore it in years, however I do sitll have the reset ring...the main diamond my hubby now wears as an earring, I have been thinking about having it overhauled (needs some work and a small diamond) and wearing it as a RHR...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results