shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you, or will you, dye your gray hair?

Do you, or will you, dye your gray hair?

• Yes

Votes: 72 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
I feel strange posting here, because I've never posted in hangout before, hopefully I'm not intruding :)

Unfortunately, I do dye my hair. I say unfortunately because I can't stand the smelll or the mess (I'm cheap so I dye it myself, I often cut my own hair too, I'm that cheap), and I know it can't be good for me. But I do it because my greys have really picked up around my temple and forehead area in the past couple of years. I have fine, dark hair and not a huge amount of hair, so when I let the greys go I look like I'm balding or something. I try to let it go in between dyes as long as possible - used to be every 3-4 months, but now that I am 38 I have to go with 6-8 weeks. I only do the grey areas, not all over.

Also, my face looks on the younger side for my age, so I guess I dye my hair so my face and hair go together? That sounds weird ;-)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1333728140|3165002 said:
kenny|1333727590|3164991 said:
missy|1333726150|3164968 said:
Tacori E-ring|1333725160|3164954 said:
I dye it about twice a year. I have gray but other people don't seem to notice. My gray hair bothers my daughter. ::)

Isn't that funny how we are most critical of our loved ones and things that wouldn't bother us at all on our friends become an issue if it involves our family. In the beginning I was trying to get my mom to just let my hairdresser color her hair once but she wouldn't budge. Now I am more accepting because I realize it is simply none of my business! :cheeky:
My mom doesn't even go to a hairdresser and she cuts her hair herself...she really could use a professional cut but since she wears her hair back you cannot notice she does it herself.

It never ceases to astonish me how we treat family members worse than strangers.

Well, you know that saying "we only hurt those we love". I guess there is some truth in it unfortunately...
I think it has to do with the fact that you care more when it is a family member or someone you love and so you are more critical of them because you want (what you think that is) what is best for them and unfortunately boundaries are not fully respected. I try to learn from all my mistakes and it is a learning process as I go through life. I know I will never fully be there but I will keep doing my best to become a better person.

She is only 4 :cheeky: I think she looks at gray hair as getting older and closer to death. She doesn't understand that dying them doesn't change the fact they are still there. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results